• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should Muslim Holidays be recognised in Australia? (3 Viewers)

Jeee

Banned
HSC
?so why do they ask whether you Aboriginal in applications/tests....you do realize that not all Aboriginals are disadvantaged? Being Aboriginal has nothing to do with it...it is to do with social disadvantage...not race....so agian I ask....what on earth has that question "Are you A/TI?" got to do with anything?
Not all, however, MOST (the vast majority) are disadvantaged.
Submission to the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child for their Day of General Discussion on the Rights of Indigenous Children
Are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people disadvantaged
Aboriginals most disadvantaged in Qld: report - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

This explains why it is asked:
http://mail.seagp.org.au:8081/Servi...Generic - Why are you asked this question.pdf

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
when your inferring to a large population, you generalize, statistics are generalizations, of course not all aboriginal and torres straight islanders are disadvantaged but they're a cultural group which deserve specific attention, particularly in the area of education and health.

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
Yea it was just as stupid and just as racist as the first time you wrote it. Bigot.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Dear Moderators,

I believe this thread has reached to a conclusion, and can now be closed.

Yours Sincerely,
Omie Jay

Sprangler

HSC
I heard on the news they're making Muslim holidays compulsory, and getting rid of christian ones.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Um ... how many Aboriginals don't have English as their first language....
A fair amount dude. There is a massive shitfight going on in the whole 'nationalise education' debate because heaps of different Aboriginal community teach in the local dialects, which means that the kids are effectively forced into institutional poverty.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
holy moly is that true?!?!?

golly! we ought to roll into those towns with some tanks, slap a few soldiers on the perimeter, and prohibit alcohol! that will solve the problems!

hehehe

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
holy moly is that true?!?!?

golly! we ought to roll into those towns with some tanks, slap a few soldiers on the perimeter, and prohibit alcohol! that will solve the problems!

hehehe
You have the intellectual depth of a corpse.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
A fair amount dude. There is a massive shitfight going on in the whole 'nationalise education' debate because heaps of different Aboriginal community teach in the local dialects, which means that the kids are effectively forced into institutional poverty.
They teach that shit in schools near me, like aboriginal dialect is a compulsory subject in primary school for aboriginal and non-aboriginal kids, but I wasn't aware that it was wide spread in that kids were deliberately not being taught English.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
My brother learnt the aboriginal version of the national anthem in primary school.

:weird:

edit: they talk about spearing kangaroos and stuff, aaahahah

Ayatollah

HSC
N/A
yes because anything related to race is racist. name one thing i said that was remotely discriminatory.
ad ininitum is actually correct in calling you out here. 'Group thinking' is at the heart of racism, you yourself even made the bizarre admission of 'generalizing' stigmas to certain ethnic groups rather than focusing on individual traits, and the actual underlying problems

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
My brother learnt the aboriginal version of the national anthem in primary school.

:weird:

edit: they talk about spearing kangaroos and stuff, aaahahah
makes a bit more sense than talking about things girt by other things

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
ad ininitum is actually correct in calling you out here. 'Group thinking' is at the heart of racism, you yourself even made the bizarre admission of 'generalizing' stigmas to certain ethnic groups rather than focusing on individual traits, and the actual underlying problems
individual traits are wonderful when dealing with individuals, but recognizing that a majority are disadvantaged, through no fault of their own is realistic.

being sensitive and shying away from 'race issues' is stupid, people are people, i hate/love people equally but the fact is that there is inequality between the standards of health and education (among other things) between 'white' australians and aboriginal australians and i vehemently believe these issues need to be rectified, so fabulous, if desiring equal opportunity is racist well then i'm a fucking racist.

Last edited:

Ayatollah

HSC
N/A
individual traits are wonderful when dealing with individuals, but recognizing that a majority are disadvantaged, through no fault of their own is realistic.

being sensitive and shying away from 'race issues' is stupid, people are people, i hate/love people equally but the fact is that there is inequality between the standards of health and education (among other things) between 'white' australians and aboriginal australians and i vehemently believe these issues need to be rectified, so fabulous, if desiring equal opportunity is racist well then i'm a fucking racist.
just a disgusting thing to say, no, just no.
Like many bigots before you, you make the mistake of confusing causation with correlation, if someone, or some regional collection of people, are in poverty, then by all means we must endeavor to raise their living standards, but these issues have nothing to do with the intrinsic quailties of the race of suchindividuals, and the intellectual basis for racism come precisely from this disgusting, and refuted, notion.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
just a disgusting thing to say, no, just no.
Like many bigots before you, you make the mistake of confusing causation with correlation, if someone, or some regional collection of people, are in poverty, then by all means we must endeavor to raise their living standards, but these issues have nothing to do with the intrinsic quailties of the race of suchindividuals, and the intellectual basis for racism come precisely from this disgusting, and refuted, notion.
i never said they were based on characteristics of that race, these issues stem from the discrimination and treatment of that racial group. eugh.

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
ashie0 the reason you can not see the simple distinction between social disadvantage and race is because you are a racist; you attribute differences to race. Albiet, you exhibit a positive racism, a charitable racism, it is still just as condescending, just as ignorant and just as wicked as it was in the early part of this century. If we are to over come this racism and bigotry we must stop people like ashie0 from reinforcing such stereotypes and hatred.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
she's racist by definition, indeed, but I don't see that as a bad thing and I don't see why you're all insulting her for it. She's realised a correlation between race and a property and she wishes to even out the playing field! What's the problem?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)