• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should Muslim Holidays be recognised in Australia? (1 Viewer)

ay0_x

HSC
So your saying that Muslims shouldn't have public holidays in Australia because of the way Muslims treat Christians in Lebanon.
The way Muslims treat anybody else including each other in any country, really.

ay0_x

HSC
how much percenatge of australia populations follow islam?
If I recall collectly it's about 300,000 muslims so that would be roughly 1.66% based on a populace of 20 million.

MJ-47

HSC
If I recall collectly it's about 300,000 muslims so that would be roughly 1.66% based on a populace of 20 million.
this is actually quite close to the real figure. the reason that this seems so low compared to the whole populace is that most of the islamic population is based on the Australian east coast esp sydney.

ay0_x

HSC
this is actually quite close to the real figure. the reason that this seems so low compared to the whole populace is that most of the islamic population is based on the Australian east coast esp sydney.
Woohoo go me.

Also: as an apostate and as someone who knows fellow apostates I would like everybody to take this figure of 300,000 with a grain of salt. There are many adults and even teenagers in australia who are Muslim by name and nothing else. Also, this figure of 300,000 includes children and we all know that children should never ever be called "christian" or "muslim" or "jewish".

thanks bye.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
im born into a muslim family, believe in god, but i dont really understand/agree with some things in islam.

i fast during ramadan, but i dont really do my prayers much...

im not sure what i am :(

saberbladexx

HSC
They(Muslim holidays) probably wont be recognised due to the fact, that i guarantee you a majority of Australia would be against it, and in the end of the day that is the deciding factor.

Its the way it works with most things.

we0426

Banned
HSC
im born into a muslim family, believe in god, but i dont really understand/agree with some things in islam.

i fast during ramadan, but i dont really do my prayers much...

im not sure what i am :(

u r a jew my friend..hahahhahahahaha

nah look i am afghan ..and love islam..every aspect and part of it...and to be honest if u fast u must pray..becoz if u dont pray while u fast ..ur fast is not counted..

its like

eg ur asked to integrate..and u do half of it then u put a cross over it..and thats ahat u did when u were fasting..u fasted then not prayed so nothing got counted..

any ways y m I writing an essay..lol

and i think muslim should have a holiday..the best day. ireckon would be 20 october....:D

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
is there such thing as an agnostic muslim?
nop, either your in or your out.
Or as a great US president once put it: "Either your with us, or against us"
Gawd bless. *solemn salute*
They(Muslim holidays) probably wont be recognised due to the fact, that i guarantee you a majority of Australia would be against it, and in the end of the day that is the deciding factor.

Its the way it works with most things.
yea im pretty sure i answered this thread on the first page, SO YEAH.

Sprangler

HSC
how can they even be demanding holidays like this we are a christian natioon

lala2

Banned
HSC
Omie, how many times a day do you pray? It's hard for anyone to be praying five times a day. I'd rather get my beauty sleep than wake up at 4am. If you're not praying everyday though I'd seriously be questioning myself (if I were you) whether I was an even practising Muslim.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Omie, how many times a day do you pray? It's hard for anyone to be praying five times a day. I'd rather get my beauty sleep than wake up at 4am. If you're not praying everyday though I'd seriously be questioning myself (if I were you) whether I was an even practising Muslim.
the most i'd do is 4 (not the early morning one, i've only ever done it like twice i think, lol).

Not everyone actually do all 5 daily prayers.
These days i barely do it, only if i remember (so almost never, lol). My mum usually reminds me, then i'd do it (in the afternoon after a shower), so i'd do it average of twice a day.

But havnt done so in ages.

But..i still believe in the existance of god, i guess im just lazy to do the prayers.

tho i still dont agree with/understand some aspects of islam.

ay0_x

HSC
nop, either your in or your out.
Or as a great US president once put it: "Either your with us, or against us"
Gawd bless. *solemn salute*

yea im pretty sure i answered this thread on the first page, SO YEAH.
Omie, here's the plan.

We get married and pretend to be a perfect pair of muslims.

then we go splitskies and live our agnostic lives.

Jokes aside, check out Faith Freedom International and Freedomain Radio - Home .

Sidicious Reign, like Omie said, no, you cannot be an agnostic Muslim. You cannot question anything about Islam, the quran, the hadiths or Muhammed and call yourself a Muslim. all of that.. is sinning.

ay0_x

HSC
=]

but yea, need to go on one of those self discovery journeys and get some answers from the right people.
...maybe later.

why delay it though? It's so cowardly, and so dangerous to your wellbeing... I got all the answers I needed when I was 11 and have been mentally content (except a brief omgwhatifislamistrue moment of insanity back in February that drove me absolutely crazy).

I can't imagine what it's like to actually pray 4 times a day whilst not believing in what you're doing. Surely that is not good for your mental health? Do not want you snapping :(

You can ask any apostate, or just read those 2 websites I mentioned [start with faithfreedom], there's so many testimonials of people who have left Islam. If you're not ready to leave yet, just about every issue of islam is discussed in an article on that website and you'd atleast gain some answers to questions.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yes i personally know some apostates (one of em absolutely hates all forms of religion, and the other cbf'd with it), but the thing is, i do honestly believe in god, im just not sure what i think of religion.

:confused:

ay0_x

HSC
yes i personally know some apostates, but the thing is, i do honestly believe in god, im just not sure what i think of religion.

:confused:
do you believe in the kaffur hating, apostate loathing jealous god that is Allah?

You can believe in God and not be Muslim. Or Christian or Jewish or what have you.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
hehe, like i said, need to get answers from the right people, ie NOT anyone from this forum and preferably an unbiased source.

SO LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC :D

yea islamic holidays, wouldnt make sense, eid is on different days each year.

/thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)