• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should teachers be able to have sexual relations with consenting students? (2 Viewers)

Should they?

• Total voters

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
This is why you should never be given a teaching license moll. :p
You kidding?
I should become a sex ed. teacher. It'd be awesome fun. For me and for the female students.
Not so much for the boys...

Don't deny it. You'd wanna be my student. ;)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
lol, hell no they shouldnt - it gives the student extra 'leverage' with the teacher, can end up in them getting extra marks and what not, something we hsc 09ers dont want to see...

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
lol, hell no they shouldnt - it gives the student extra 'leverage' with the teacher, can end up in them getting extra marks and what not, something we hsc 09ers dont want to see...
Lol. I love how this is your big moral objection point. :D

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
someguy said:
No. The power imbalance is an issue but ultimately the school and the teachers are entrusted with a duty of care over students. Student-teacher sex (though potentially hot) violates that duty of care.
How does having a sexual relationship violate that duty of care? Surely being in a sexual relationship, if anything, only elevates the care given to that student?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
But you would say that that care is altered, given the sexual interest that the teacher acquires. I think that it's importing totally unfair standards onto the student, given the power imbalance, the psychological need they would have to submit to authority, and the trust that they and the community have that the teacher will discharge their duties without favour or self-interest.
This makes the consent issue re the 16y/o negligible imo. Far better policy to impose a blanket ban on all such relationships, even if we do agree that a particularly strong-willed student (rare) could theoretically achieve an appropriate power balance in the relationship

Last edited:

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
hmm, whats more evil?

female teacher sleeping with a male student or
male teacher sleeping with a female student.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
feminist theory states that since the penis is a phallic symbol of aggression against the harmless and submissive vagoo, that a male thrusting himself upon the female is nessecarily more aggressive than the reverse, and hence is worse.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
feminist theory states that since the penis is a phallic symbol of aggression against the harmless and submissive vagoo, that a male thrusting himself upon the female is nessecarily more aggressive than the reverse, and hence is worse.
What if the girl is on top?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
But you would say that that care is altered, given the sexual interest that the teacher acquires.
Yes, but only in a positive direction. I would argue that the teacher acquires a newfound interest in the sexual student while maintaining the same interest in all other students. In essence, the level of care in the classroom, if measured quantitatively, can only rise.

I think that it's importing totally unfair standards onto the student, given the power imbalance, the psychological need they would have to submit to authority, and the trust that they and the community have that the teacher will discharge their duties without favour or self-interest.
Your romantic and outdated view of the student-teacher relationship has no place in this scary time and place, comrade Iron! Teachers do act with self-interest, and it is absurd to suggest otherwise. Allowing sexual relationships simply allows a little more joy in the classroom, and with the proper checks and balances, the favour bias could be regulated by an outside source without detriment to the hawt relationship forged by the consenting, of age student and their busty, horny and taut-skinned teacher.

I do concede that their could be a risk of the teacher having a far too powerful position in any relationship, but I also suggest that most teenager's have enough guts and determination to stick it to their teachers in most cases, so this would no longer be an issue. Once again, with an external balance there would be no need to submit for grades, as exists in American university culture.

It would also decrease tension in the classroom, leading to increased concentration and elevated grades! This is self evident stfu.

This makes the consent issue re the 16y/o negligible imo. Far better policy to impose a blanket ban on all such relationships, even if we do agree that a particularly strong-willed student (rare) could theoretically achieve an appropriate power balance in the relationship

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Nah 99.95% of the classroom would be offended or grossed out

Though I conceed that Nutella would increase their concentration levels, as studies have shown

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
New question: Pick an attractive teacher from your school. Did you want to engage in relations with said teacher? Do you believe you were capable of making this decision for yourself?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
get away from me you scabby bum-sucker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)