Should they scrap the Year 10 SC? (1 Viewer)

AbaKaan

HSC
Just wondering, what you think about scrapping
the School Certificate for Year 10:chainsaw:.
Should it be optional? Is it a pointless waste of time? All opinions are welcome...

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
It's basically junk and means absolutely nothing. Like a Higher School Certificate, the High School Certificate is an indication of how long a student is willing to keep a seat warm in a classroom.

HSC
Uni Grad
Only real benefit is some experience under test conditions imo.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
I believe they shouldn't scrap it until my youngest sibling's done it.
how old's your youngest?

i thought they were already scrapping it. i got told a while a go kids who are in yr 10 can't quit till they finish yr 12 or some shiz

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
i thought they were already scrapping it. i got told a while a go kids who are in yr 10 can't quit till they finish yr 12 or some shiz
Operation Hide The Fact That There Are No Jobs Anywhere.

Zelta-W

HSC
N/A
completely pointless. drew a pikachu for the history extended response ^^

and the maths is just a complete joke. me and my friend had a game where..the first one to start the maths paper loses xD. not a good idea though O_O

octopie

HSC
I don't think so.
1) I've already done it, therefore others must suffer and do it as well.
2) If it doesn't count towards anything, is super easy, and gives test condition experience, why not?
3) Making everyone stay until year 12.. will drag your cohort's marks down. There's a reason why people leave school after year 10.

yayati

HSC
The whole system should be scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up.

The current education system is a waste of time and just a by product of a different era.

You could streamline the entire system and create a real education system which seeks out everyones strengths, creative ability and talents.

Because I find in high school kids are no longer learning rather they're just memorzing facts and figures so when they come out of high school they can't balance their budgets, don't know basic geography, can't think independently etc.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
Because I find in high school kids are no longer learning rather they're just memorzing facts and figures so when they come out of high school they can't balance their budgets, don't know basic geography, can't think independently etc.
Contradictory. Learning "basic geography" is dependent upon rote-memorization, which has largely been eschewed by modern educators because of the idea that it "stifles creativity" (whatever that fucking means) and is "boring". Hardly any time was spent during my educational experience doing rote-learning and this is precisely one of the reasons why people know so little now, or at least, less than they should, or could, know.

Last edited:

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
you should only do it if you're leaving in year 10 imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)