• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SIBT or Australian Business Acacdemy? (1 Viewer)

xAnDi

HSC
Hey everyone,

I made it into B Business and Commerce at UWS
But ive been trying to consider a better option that can get me into a better uni for that preferred course.

Do you know if SIBT is more likely to guarantee me into macq or ABA ?
Both are around the same prices

and if i decide to go UWS , can you guys give me some feedback on how hard it is to transfer to a different uni after one year?

Thanks

Lou283

HSC
A good starting point is to choose which uni you would ultimately want to get into, taking into consideration that you want to pass (and therefore choose one within your ability). Then call them and explain your situation and ask them the best way to get in.

I just did that now because I really wanted to go to UNSW but only got 90 so I am going to go to MQ probably and then if I want to move in a year, I just have to do aswell as humanly possible in my first year and see how it goes, and now I understand my options a lot better.

Alternatively if you want to go to MQ they have a B' E-Business which you can start in and then transfer. I thinks it's ATAR is only 72. I would give MQ a quick call as they spoke about this at their info day yesterday. This talk is also on the info day part of their website.

I think I will enjoy MQ so I probably won't transfer next year but now I know the option is there if I want to next year.

Talking with someone will probably really help you decide.

xAnDi

HSC
Thanks lou for the reply

Well , i most likely want to get into into MQ, which i could get through SIBT
But the main problem is now , would it be better to transfer from UWS into MAQ
or go through SIBT?

I have completely no idea on how difficult it is to transfer :S

Lou283

HSC
Thanks lou for the reply

Well , i most likely want to get into into MQ, which i could get through SIBT
But the main problem is now , would it be better to transfer from UWS into MAQ
or go through SIBT?

I have completely no idea on how difficult it is to transfer :S

I would call them and ask what they prefer. I think in terms of getting into MQ I would do SIBT. Problem with transferring is you have to get a credit + average and if you don't you are stuck in the course you have enrolled in. From what I understand completing SIBT guarantees entry. But I would double check that.

I don't want to push you one way or another. So I would look in detail at both options. From what I can see SIBT is a safer option and upon completion you go straight into 2nd year so you don't have to do an extra year. I would personally do SIBT if MQ is where you want to end up.

I really wish you all the best. Perhaps I will see you at MQ =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)