Sickness/misadventures (1 Viewer)

clry

HSC
So my mate skipped an exam today. He was stressed out, didn't :read: enough.. and pretty much was like, :spzz: f* this, went and faked sick for a doctor's certificate (brief run down, I know). I was curious, will he resit the test at a later time? I mean, he's a good mate but he's bound to know half the questions, I mean they're posted all over Facebook as soon as the exam's over, and it seems pretty unfair (I'm a competitive bastard, what of it :smile:)

What's the general protocol for missing a trial exam? I know it differs from school to school, hence the general protocol.. It seems unfair that people can just fake sick and get a distinct advantage over others..

(and excuse the excessive emotions, I just realised them and was all :rolleyes2:)

WorryWartCob

HSC
I will let others have their say.

But in my case.

Sunday night I came down with a massive fever, cold, headaches, aches, drowziness
and all. I went to school sat the test... and i couldnt hold my head up... performed dreadful. went doctors... gave me a certificate for the rest of the week off.

I rang the school straight away
and it was told to me... that if i didnt sit the exam the next day i would probably be sitting a harder one later in the week
and if i sat this one and performed badly, I still maintain my ranking, and my marks will be looked after...

so he may have to sit a different / harder test.
He should have gone. then gave his certificate in to school.....

Memi

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure about your school, but for mine they just sit the same test as everyone else when they return. Yes it is unfair, especially if they are not genuinely sick and just pretending. In fact, for my Trials last week, a handful of people were absent for the whole duration of examinations.

clry

HSC
Wow unfort with you! Hope it works out for ya
And yeah I told him to play it safe, but he didn't show.

WorryWartCob

HSC
Can't agree more - hence my concerns for fairness.. But I'm sure karma will bite him on the ass in the HSC :)
i hope so.

thats why i feel so bad.
cause i got misadventure from my sickness. but i feel lke a wuss. =/

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
My school had a policy that if you were sick you got an estimate up until this year. This was changed because during last year's trials the guys ranked first in physics, PDHPE and something else faked sick and maintained their ranking.
It was complete bullshit and it only meant people hated them but for HSC I think they all got 90+ even though they were only coming first due to assignments not tests and performed shit in the HSC test.
This year if you're sick, the next day you aren't sick you sit an alternate paper.

clry

HSC
My school had a policy that if you were sick you got an estimate up until this year. This was changed because during last year's trials the guys ranked first in physics, PDHPE and something else faked sick and maintained their ranking.
It was complete bullshit and it only meant people hated them but for HSC I think they all got 90+ even though they were only coming first due to assignments not tests and performed shit in the HSC test.
This year if you're sick, the next day you aren't sick you sit an alternate paper.
That seems like the fairest option. I'm quite contempt with that actually. Thanks! :)

RANK 1

HSC
That seems like the fairest option. I'm quite contempt with that actually. Thanks! :)
its content not contempt....

in case you didnt know what contempt means,
contempt: the feeling with which a person regards anything considered mean, vile, or worthless; disdain; scorn.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
its content not contempt....

in case you didnt know what contempt means,
contempt: the feeling with which a person regards anything considered mean, vile, or worthless; disdain; scorn.
Oh no it's the fucking grammar nazi

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
you're kind of angry about it. :S
I was angry with the first situation. But the one now is good.

mecramarathon

HSC
hmm in my school we usually get estimates because making an entirely new trial paper is too time-costly

anne1010

HSC
our school you just sit the same exam the first day your back at school.
but the morning of one of my exams i was feeling abit iffy, not sick enough not to sit the exam so off i went to school. about 25 mins into the exam fell epically sick. went to the bathroom numerous time cause i was vomiting. let my teacher know after the exam and he told me to go to the doctors if i could and if my results come back and dropped ranks by 20% then i can appeal due to special circumstances. drove home. started vomiting...yes, while i was driving. had to stop on the side of the road. went home. kept vomiting. rang my dad, he came home took me to the doctors. had to get an injection to stop the vomiting. ended up being a 48 hour bug. got a doctors certificate saying i wasnt in a state to do that exam that day. my results for that test were pretty shocking so i appealed and depending on my rank in all the other assessments, they can "massage" my mark. but we'll see.

ps sorry for the details... :p

Blacklisted

HSC
Doing a different exam isnt much fair either. Like for Social sciences. Different papers would have different sets of extended responses, I might have done better on a question on the alternate paper

enoilgam

HSC
Doing a different exam isnt much fair either. Like for Social sciences. Different papers would have different sets of extended responses, I might have done better on a question on the alternate paper
I agree. But then again, all the options available in this situation arent very fair.

s2 SEductive

MostDefinitelyIncredible
HSC
My school just gives them the same exams again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)