Similiar QLD based sites? (1 Viewer)

Nyeah

HSC
Heya all,

I hope I posted this in the right place..

I love the idea of the site, but being in QLD I feel about removed from the general HSC chatter. Does anyone know of a QLD orientated site for discussion with my year 12 pals? :)

Cheers.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I campaigned for this ages ago, but I don't think there's much interest.

I'm sure if/when the Victoria sections grows in popularity, a QLD section will be seen as viable.

TBH, though, I think that modularity is better - each state needs its own forum and site.

HSC
i don't think there would be much point, because the queensland curriculum isn't really as standardised as nsw or victoria. like you just do school-based assessments all year, and then do some random general knowledge qcs tests in september to figure out how they should rank your school.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
They still have a standardised curriculum all schools are expected to follow (with some elective modules - but the HSc has those, too), and indeed, which most do follow for the most part. I mean even here, not every school teaches the same modules, or in the same order, etc.

There's definitely room for a student forum for QLD'ers, because in the end people still want to meet other people doing their subjects, discuss with them, get subject help (which for things like maths and science is fairly independent of syllabus, but even general essay style tips and such help with artsy subjects), and generally just take a break talking about teenage things with other teenagers.

Nyeah

HSC
Exactly! :)

Pity there's nowhere for us to go though and if something does get implemented here I doubt it'd pick up enough speed to be any good for me while I'm in grade 12. That's why I was wondering if there was a different site for us QLDers. Ah well.

Matt Samson

HSC
Does QLD have dot points?

I hated those when I was doing the HSC.

I hate standardisation.

harryboyles

HSC
Nyeah said:
Dot points?
In many subjects, the syllabus is a checklist-type thing which you work through as you do the course. Especially in the science courses, where many teachers (that I know of) specifically refer to the syllabus as a checklist when teaching. Hence the term "dot points" to refer to the specific things you have to do to complete the syllabus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)