Skins (1 Viewer)

shsshs

HSC
best show ever.

that weird chick that he roots in college - i think it has some connection to 'animus' which is like our alter ego (google/wiki it).

Because in the class, the lecturer guy goes "do you know what animus is?".
--
the episode where cassie goes to NY is pretty awesome also.
can somebody explain why the guy leaves and turns over all the photos?
i thought there was an "adam" and cassie eating the "apple" connection, but i cant work it out.

rach19

HSC
Meh cycling was on yesterday =(. Last ep was so confusing didn't really get it.
Cant wait till next week

xsjado

HSC
shsshs said:
best show ever.

that weird chick that he roots in college - i think it has some connection to 'animus' which is like our alter ego (google/wiki it).

--
i thought there was an "adam" and cassie eating the "apple" connection, but i cant work it out.
wow, that's pretty deep.

brisee

HSC
Oh, it was animus. Er, in Latin it means mind or soul. So yeah, alter-ego thing could work. People have been saying that all the people at that university were either representations of his own personal traits, his obstacles and his desires --- and I think I know which one that girl fits into. As for the photographer... no idea.

I'm still getting over the fact that people's lives can be sooo messed up. The show makes be feel better... even though it's fiction >>

old.skool.kid

HSC
Yeah i know what you mean, skins just makes you think about life and sort of inspires you... I love real shows like that and another show that was on sbs couple years back: City of men, did anyone else here ever watch that?

old.skool.kid

HSC
Omg i cant believe that Chris died thats bs he was the best character on there!!!

Its just gettin weird now.. Still luv it though.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
brisee said:
People have been saying that all the people at that university were either representations of his own personal traits, his obstacles and his desires --- and I think I know which one that girl fits into. As for the photographer... no idea.
Is there anywhere I could read more into this?

sarahrahrah

HSC
shsshs said:
best show ever.

--

yeahh she's his animus.
after they have sex he goes back to the lecturer and is all yes i know what an animus is, etc etc.
does anyone know what the tattoo is of though? like is it symbolic at all?
and whats the significance of the lecturers burns on the train?

and yeah i don't quite get the whole adam apple thing, but im guessing something to do with adam and eve, and the apple in the garden of eden, as well as the big apple/new york?

ah i love skins so so much. i finally just got both my seasons on dvd back after sending them around my whole grade haha. but now we must wait foreeever for season 3 :mad:.
so devo theyre changing the cast. but at least effy's still in. she's my favourite :).

old.skool.kid

HSC
i thought that him turning over the photos and cassie crying ment that guy killed himself but yer i dunno aye

HSC
old.skool.kid said:
i thought that him turning over the photos and cassie crying ment that guy killed himself but yer i dunno aye
yeah cos the note said u can have the apartment as long as u want. im going away and not coming back u wont b able to find me

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Wow, is this all? Not expecting much for 'generation 2'... Only two seasons? Jeez...

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Someone smart needs to write a hardcore guide to interpretating this series, did not at all guess that dude killed himself. Makes total sense.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
Ima thinking this show may make a good related text. Or perhaps I'm just looking for an excuse to watch it.
I was thinking that.
But for it to be a related text you neeed to re-watch it heaps of times takin notes of techniques, symbols and all that jazz. It'd kinda wreck it for me.

lolokay

HSC
not enough episodes imo :(
they should've done more with the old cast

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i dl'd the first 2 seasons yesterday

watched the first episode

loved it

reminds me of a better and more likeable version of the movie 'kids' but a tad less fucked up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)