Skins (1 Viewer)

jackydoll

HSC
wtf did anyone watch the latest ep? how random was the ending? skins has really gotten too far from reality this season.
Yeah it's like the second series finale: we are left to ponder of what is going to happen to the group.

Anyway, I've heard that a Skins movie is going into production with the first generation cast starring in it, and the second generation having a cameo appearance.

123 B A N G

HSC
... I heard the cast will be all new again. BUT HAS ANYONE WATCH THE LAST EPISODE. TH WORST. I hated it. It was not an ending at all.

steph xx

HSC
finally obtained the first season of skins!

cassie and chris are both adorable. sid is cute in a puppy-dog mind-set and tony oddly reminds me of a boy i know, in every possible way.

anyway, i am definitely 'hooked' and will be getting season two as soon as possible.

marvellous.

Gmac_0

HSC
Skins is alright, though the 2nd cast were not quite as good as the 1st, and the writing was noticeably worse. The only terrible character in s1 was Jal (Just whinges, no personality) but in series 2 we then have the stuttering mess of JJ, the constant lesbian 'am I gay or am I not' rubbish and the unbelievable stupidy and naivety of Pandora (seriously, I have never met anyone near that spaced out in real life lol). Effy is ok, Cook is probably the highlight, though Season 4 takes a turn for the worst when it pulls that Hannibal Lector type shit out of nowhere, (writers seemed to have no idea with the whole psychiatrist thing) then doesn't confront it.

The main problem with Skins I feel is just a lack of character development and a general reluctance to resolve things - avoiding cliffhangers or simply passing over them. It is sort of a unique style in its 'one perception per episode' type deal, but it ends up poor with the continuity because of this. Ultimately, instead of the developing the characters they are simply discarded once you get to know them.

Having said that, still an interesting & entertaining series that I'll probably continue to watch, despite a disaste for the overall structure of it.

steph xx

HSC
"what is going on? it's like an episode of the fucking OC in here"

haha, how i love Chris so.

skins, skins, skins.
i think i am in love.

Jazuzi

HSC
Skins is alright, though the 2nd cast were not quite as good as the 1st, and the writing was noticeably worse. The only terrible character in s1 was Jal (Just whinges, no personality) but in series 2 we then have the stuttering mess of JJ, the constant lesbian 'am I gay or am I not' rubbish and the unbelievable stupidy and naivety of Pandora (seriously, I have never met anyone near that spaced out in real life lol). Effy is ok, Cook is probably the highlight, though Season 4 takes a turn for the worst when it pulls that Hannibal Lector type shit out of nowhere, (writers seemed to have no idea with the whole psychiatrist thing) then doesn't confront it.

The main problem with Skins I feel is just a lack of character development and a general reluctance to resolve things - avoiding cliffhangers or simply passing over them. It is sort of a unique style in its 'one perception per episode' type deal, but it ends up poor with the continuity because of this. Ultimately, instead of the developing the characters they are simply discarded once you get to know them.

Having said that, still an interesting & entertaining series that I'll probably continue to watch, despite a disaste for the overall structure of it.
u summed up what i wanted to say but couldn't because im not intelligent :kiss:

klaris

HSC
aw man i want to watch first gen skins so badly :( i keep replaying the scenes in my head

/going crazy

amibovvered

HSC
Started watching skins this year, I'm on season 3 right now! I still love Gen 1 the most :)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i just watched the season 4 finale last night

holy fuck it was fucking retarded

no kind of plot resolution or twist

just like all the episodes, just random events in sequence

oh wow, so this happened so now we can understand the character and her motivations more clearly now

except you will never see her again after three more episodes so its totally pointless

that's not to say its not a somewhat enjoyable show

but ugh

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I know right. I was at least hoping that either Cook or Karen would appear in Season 5 to tie up loose ends, but nah...didn't happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)