Skins (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
Was pleasantly surprised by the s5 pilot. I loved the first two seasons but found the second generation was just a barrage of gruesome, hardcore negativity that lacked all the subtlety and tact of the first two seasons. Just as they say there is no story if it's all good and happy the whole way without a complication, I think the opposite was true of seasons 3 and 4 as just the constant onslaught saw the evocative techniques of season 1 and 2 lose their impact and the seasons just petered out. Plus no character in the second generation had the same complex intrigue of Tony who, although not everyone favourite character was the most interesting by far. Obviously nobodies stamped themselves as a Tony in s5 yet but it has other promising signs.

S5 seems to have returned more to s1/2 format of challenging social perceptions by dealing with unusual and traumatic situations with nuance and finesse rather than a constant attempt to horrify and plunder taboos like it's immediate predecessor did. Generally speaking the writing seems a bit realer too, the dialogue in particular seems to be a lot sharper. It's early days obviously, the season 3 pilot was pretty gentle compared to what was to come but all in all I've got considerably more optimism for this season than I did at some point during season 4 where I more or less wrote the franchise off as having jumped the shark.

kelis1995

HSC
N/A
Does any one feel pathetic when there watching this? I know it's not realistic but I have a sense that I should be out when I am really at home, procrastinating after a seven page essay on the incas

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
The only reason I don't like Skins is because 85% of the people who watch Skins are annoying as fuck.

HSC
Uni Grad
The only reason I don't like Skins is because 85% of the people who watch Skins are annoying as fuck.
the worst is people who try to live their lives as if they're from the television show
annoying fucking hipsters

i can 100% tell steph xx thinks her life is like an episode of skins

HSC
Uni Grad
i havent even looked in this thread ever but i can assure you, somewhere in here steph xx is like 'oh my gosshhh i luv skins so much total life forevaaa oh my goddd'

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
pony magician's sig is the worst

also when is the fuckan movie coming out

steph xx

HSC
is the movie having all the gens? if not, then it will be so, so bad euuugh

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
I hope so. I want to know what happened to cook and effy in particular.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Also:

"The film was originally scheduled to be released in Summer 2011, but creator Bryan Esley revealed that setbacks has caused the film to still be in the pre-production stages as of December 2011."

-_____-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)