Slaughterhouse Practices (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Iranian rocket, I think that it's fair for someone to be somewhat confused when they are only referring to an early preview as opposed to the actual story.

Edit: The transcript.

iranian rocket

HSC
Generator said:
Iranian rocket, I think that it's fair for someone to be somewhat confused when they are only referring to an early preview as opposed to the actual story.

Edit: The transcript.

Actually mate i watched that same preview, and that is why i watched the show. Let me tell you that nowhere in that preview did it state this meat was to be exported to Australia for Australian consumption or that it was taking place in Iran or Iraq. It was pretty to the point, looks like this is just the case of people getting all geed up without knowing exactly what they are on about.

Jiga

The answer is not to watch 60 mins since it is largely crap. If you want to watch some real journalism watch 4 corners or dateline. With everyday 60mins becomes more like ACA's offspring.
So that’s why following the 60 minutes production trade of cows to Egypt was suspended? I suppose 60 minutes faked all those images. Yes they are sensationalised, but if you cut through all the bullshit SOME stories are quite interesting and those images really do speak for themselves unfortunately.

how did you think we got meat? maybe soon 60 mins will do an expose on where babies come from. another mystery solved
I really do hate people that post in a thread they have NO IDEA about, stop trying to increase your post count you f**kin dead brain moron.

Slitting an animals throat kills it instantly just as it kills humans instantly
I agree with most of your post, but your last paragraph really doesn’t sit well with me. There is no doubt that animal rights isn’t the most important thing to places like Egypt, but they were given explicit instructions on how to deal with OUR cows or else trade would be put in jeoporady… now we paid for machines that would make the process more ‘humane’, out of our pockets, yet they do not use these. What is the excuse for this? They know it is a condition for our trade to them. Furthermore, I see acts like stabbing a docile animal in the eye once it has already had its throat slit as just plain barbaric, you could argue that the cutting of tendons is essential to control the animal (Although most of them didn’t seem to be that aggressive), and you could even somehow say that poking their eyes out mite be needed before slitting their throats if the animal isn’t calm…… but doing that after its already had its throat cut and is totally under control raises issues to the motives of those people….. it would seem that they are just plain sick fuckers because their was no reason to do that and I am still wandering why the fuck that person did that? The only sad explanation I can come up with is alot arabs just love inflicting pain upon any living organisms, what other reason could their possibly be?

iranian rocket

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
The only sad explanation I can come up with is alot arabs just love inflicting pain upon any living organisms, what other reason could their possibly be?
Why do you have to get racist? What does this have to do with being an arab? If this was the case it would happen everywhere in the arab world. Do you want to say every american soldier sexually abuses people because of Abu gharib??? Yeah its true they probably had orders from above but you cant paint everyone with the same brush you narrowminded fool. "They stab animals in the eye after they are dead...must be because they are arab" Did you thikn that maybe slashing a live animals tendons and throat all day might desensatise you to the whole gruesomeness of the ordeal and maybe even make you someone violent and or psychotic? Im no freud but i imagine working doing that sort of shit for a long period of time would leave you mentally effected in some way regardless of your ethnicity.

Jiga

Why do you have to get racist? What does this have to do with being an arab? If this was the case it would happen everywhere in the arab world.
Lol, ironically it does happen around the world, inflicting pain that is. In Australia they bash people and there have been cases of animal cruelty, but more importantly throughout the world it seems like all the middle-eastern countries are fucked to put it quite plainly. In Iraq for example, you see iraqi videos showing them killing American soldiers and other civilians and celebrating, praising god. Those things at abu gharib are insigificant to what they are doing, who cares they humiliate the scum, thats not torturing them to death or killing them is it? BTw, what is the go with your name, iranian rocket? Are you some kind of a supporter of Iran and its "values", another great place in the arab world!

So obviously an inferior animal like a cow is nothing if torturing a human being is all ok, so lets poke its eyes out, lets cut its tendons... all for no particular reason but to inflict pain on some docile creature!

Of course this isnt every arab, but like I said above, so many middle eastern countries are down the shit shoot, you can only get the impression that violence is imbedded within their culture Im afraid, and i dont care if this looks racist, its the non-bullshit/fairy view.

"They stab animals in the eye after they are dead...must be because they are arab"
No, its 'they stab the animals eye while its dying', the ultimate cowardly act, not while its already dead!

Did you thikn that maybe slashing a live animals tendons and throat all day might desensatise you to the whole gruesomeness of the ordeal and maybe even make you someone violent and or psychotic? Im no freud but i imagine working doing that sort of shit for a long period of time would leave you mentally effected in some way regardless of your ethnicity.
They are not killing humans, they are killing animals, they shouldnt become psychotic. Desensatise yes, but that doesnt mean you start poking their eyes out, that just means you are not effected by slittling their throats etc. Even soldiers in war for the MOST part show some sought of sympathy towards their opposition, yet you tell me that these little egyptians are mentally scared by a friggin cow that they have to stab it in the eye despite it showing little resistance? And in any case, they chose that line of work, they choose to cut those animals tendons and make their last minutes on earth a greusome one, I show no sympathy for this very reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I really do hate people that post in a thread they have NO IDEA about, stop trying to increase your post count you f**kin dead brain moron.
no need to be mean. i really don't know where babies come from :(

Jiga

It's been stated many times that the 60 Minutes episode in question was a large exaggeration of the truth in meat/animal slaughter. They only break one leg - not four.
Did you even watch it? I was never under the impression that 60 minutes was trying to suggest they cut the tendons on all four legs, it was just the back two... and it wasnt braking them either but I will just pass that off as a typo :rolleyes:

The main points in relation to animal cruelty that I saw and that seemed very credible:

* They cut the tendons on the back of the cows, they deny doing it alot but do admit it happens but only to aggressive animals, yet docile animals are seen having their tendons cut and numerous legs of dead animals have cut marks. Much like in a court, 60 minutes was merely showing how they have a lack of credibility and that this MIGHT be happening more spread (This is the exaggeration, but the underlying fact is not BS)

* They poke the eyes out of animals once again only on aggressive animals to control them, yet we see a docile animal having its eye stabbed with a knife, now lets say its because later on it will become aggressive..... then the 2nd example of a man stabbing an eye when the animal is dying is for what reason? Tell me how this is exaggerated?

* They dont use the machines that AUSTRALIA PAID FOR to do the business in which the animal is controlled, put on its side, and the throat slit. Tell me how this is exaggerated, the Egyptians themselves admitted they dont use them!

The only part I really saw that was majorly sensationalised in the 60 minutes program was that they insinuated that such forms of animal cruelty would be occuring throughout Egypt, when realistically they might have just been video taping a single illegal operation in Egypt... nevertheless the Egyptian government is certainly not on top of things, and neither is the organisation in Australia responsible for the cows, who furthermore purchased that machine that is not even being used! Also, they didnt show some greusome things on the program so if anything they have toned it down as opposed to sensationlising it.

And like I said before, havent we suspended trade with them now? There must be some credence to the presentation of this action was taken.

Comrade nathan

HSC
60 minutes is kind of like those ads where they want people to donate money to animal charities. If i was going to donate money, i would donate it to humans, as there are plenty of humans who need it more then some stinking animals. This is the same... They are doing a documentary about how animals are treated badly in the middle east.. Animals are the least of my worries about the middle east.
You're a bigot pro imperialist, you don't care for thoose people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)