sleeping patterns ? (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
1/5kiwifruit said:
YAY another insomniac! :rofl: sleeping is such a waste of time, I usually sleep about 4- 5 hours in the holidays and 4-7 on school days - depends if there are assessments :)
hahah i love sleeeep XD.

WouldbeDoctor said:
Some of us sleep in because we don't want to face the reality of doing work. The depression sometimes gets to much you know? When I say some of us, I mean me. (duh :mad1: )
hey, if you think you get depressed or stress you haven't met me ! a majority of time i really don't want to do work because it either seems like theres too much, im too stressed, tired or the fact that me not understanding some of the things freaks me out. thus i have to push and force myself a LOT to get started and despite how long it takes me it gets done in the end. and trust me once you finish it you feel really good ! im sure most of the students doing the hsc feel the exact same way. but the thing that differentiates the students that get like a band 6 compared to someone that gets 4, is that they always do their work which could be in the forms of study, hw even if they dont feel like it and also they find extra work to do, even if they don't have to. but there are always the few who cram and are just naturally smart, but i dont think there are a lot of us! and also just remember that theres a point where stress and depression is ok, but theres also a point where it becomes ridiculous.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
My sister sleeps like 9-10 hours and gets back cramps from sleeping too much. Anyone else get back pains from too much sleep?

HSC
N/A
Most days I get approximately 20 hours sleep. Yes, 20 out of 24.

Although sometimes, my body goes days without letting me sleep, no matter how tired I am.

Long term illness blows. :(

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
Most days I get approximately 20 hours sleep. Yes, 20 out of 24.

Although sometimes, my body goes days without letting me sleep, no matter how tired I am.

Long term illness blows. :(
Damn... I'm heaps sorry to hear that :(...

Personally, on school days no more than 3-4 hours, I have heaps of trouble getting to sleep. It makes me heaps tired during the day, but on holidays its all good. It takes me forever to get to sleep, just like normal, but I get to sleep in.

vizman

HSC
rofl. yeh same here i like stay up to 2am and end up waking up at 10am. it sucks because i try to wake up earlier which forces me to sleep during the day and thus making me sleep late anyway. yehp holidays screws the patterns bad

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Yeah i go to sleep around 1am-2am now during these holidays
get up around 9-10ish

ugh 6am wakeups when school begins..noooooooooooo

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i dont find sleeping at 1am-2am strange hehe. what time do you usually sleep on school days?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't know exactly how much sleep I need because no matter how much I get when I eventually wake up I feel tired. And I don't wake up and get out of bed unless I have to, I kind of half sleep for several hours before getting up.

10 hours seems to work pretty well for me... and a couple of those hours are half sleep.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
During the holidays, I usually get about 6-7 hours of sleep. I also get around the same for school days.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
During the holidays, I usually get about 6-7 hours of sleep. I also get around the same for school days.
didnt you say you were going to sleep like an hour ago lol?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hopeles5ly said:
didnt you say you were going to sleep like an hour ago lol?
Yeah, but you know how it is in the holidays, you just can't fall asleep when you wanna. I guess I'll be having another late nighter tonight. :D

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
today (yesterday now?) i woke up at ~3pm. i've gone from getting 4 hours a night during the hsc to at least 10 hours a night but i'm still always tired, just not sleepy tired. :|

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, it happens every holidays. As you can see im awake at this very moment.
I found the first week back each term to be a complete write off as my body clock had to slowly readjust. its like jet-lag.

During term time i got 5-6 hours of sleep a day. Even during the HSC final exams i was going to sleep at 3ish, and waking at 5ish :p

Results were not dramatically affected though :)

TYCOT

Imperium
HSC
vanush said:
I hate sleeping. Waste of time, imho. More than seven hours sleep is bad for you.

Plus, I don't see how it can be bad in the holidays :D

What time doees everyone sleep on normal school days? I'm around 10-10:30.. Towards the end of the term when asessments are complete it becomes 11:20ish
the more you sleep the more you feel tired and restless.

on normal school days i sleep usually around 2am and get up about 6:20 to start studying

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
anyone else having weird sleeping patterns since the holidays started? i cant seem to sleep till like 4am -_____-" hahah yes it is 1:30am and i am VERY bored at the moment =/ .
:wave: Look at my eyes O_O On average these days it takes me about 5 hours to go to sleep after rolling around in bed for almost the whole night >.< See I go to bed at about 11pm, and am still wide-eyed at 4am -_-''' Once I just sat up at 1am and started listening to French tapes. Haha. Better being a nerd than just tossing the night away in vain :S Another time I wrote up a quiz at 5am, and posted it on the net when the morning rolled around. Hmph. And the more weird thing is, that night, although I haven't slept for the entire night before, I still only fell asleep at 2-3am >.<'''

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
airie said:
:wave: Look at my eyes O_O On average these days it takes me about 5 hours to go to sleep after rolling around in bed for almost the whole night >.< See I go to bed at about 11pm, and am still wide-eyed at 4am -_-''' Once I just sat up at 1am and started listening to French tapes. Haha. Better being a nerd than just tossing the night away in vain :S Another time I wrote up a quiz at 5am, and posted it on the net when the morning rolled around. Hmph. And the more weird thing is, that night, although I haven't slept for the entire night before, I still only fell asleep at 2-3am >.<'''
usually i just end up talking to someone thats still online on msn haha which kills a lot of time. so by 4am i can fall asleep very easily lol.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
usually i just end up talking to someone thats still online on msn haha which kills a lot of time. so by 4am i can fall asleep very easily lol.
lol I wish I can sleep at 12am and get up at 5am...if only I can get away with just 5 hours of sleep each day...>.< I'm such a night owl though :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
airie said:
lol I wish I can sleep at 12am and get up at 5am...if only I can get away with just 5 hours of sleep each day...>.< I'm such a night owl though :p
me too ! hehe i sleep at 4 and try to wake up at 6 everyday to do some work. never happens though lol. i usually get around 4-5 hrs asleep a night which is fine with me lol.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Have to agree with you there hopeles5ly there is usually always somone on an IM service to chat to when you can't sleep and since I have a few contacts overseas and it other time zones there about 99% someone is always online and ready to talk without being to tired.

As for sleeping patterns, yes they are always very different for myself in the hoildays because generally I don't have to get up early but I usually like to be up and ready to start the day by 9.30am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)