Smallville (US airings) - SPOILERS (2 Viewers)

persephone

HSC
There was another thread for this but I couldn't change the title so I deleted it.

For discussion of Smallville eps from season one and beyond. Smallville is up to season 5 in the US.

Next episode is 5.16 Hypnotic to air 30 March in the US.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
next episode looks good...

I hate having to wait though. There should be a law forcing tv channels to show entire seasons of shows without breaks.

persephone

HSC
WB Official description for HYPNOTIC
Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) discovers that Professor Fine, aka Brainiac (guest star James Marsters), is in Honduras and sets out to confront him. Clark (Tom Welling) meets a beautiful seductress named Simone (Nichole Hiltz) who uses a magical charm to make people succumb to her every wish. An enchanted Clark reveals his powers to Simone, who seizes the opportunity and demands that Clark kill Lex.

I'm glad to see that Brainiac's back.

http://www.devotedfansnetwork.com/gallery/files/2/7/9/7/4/516-001.jpg

And looking good in "Honduras".

http://www.devotedfansnetwork.com/gallery/files/2/7/9/7/4/516-010.jpg

^If Lex weren't evil I'd ship this.

Last edited:

persephone

HSC
Short trailer up for Hypnotic on DTS

And lame, lame, lame. Where's Brainiac? This is not going to entice me to watch this ep.

HSC
"Hypnotic" looks like a bunch of crap. It's so sad they've had to resort to putting half-naked chicks on screen to attract viewers. I wish they'd take a leap and just let Lana in on the secret rather than Clark breaking up with her every time. It's such a recycled plot line.

And now they're starting with Lexana. How low will they sink? I just hope Lana has ulterior motives for even going near Lex, like maybe protecting Clark's secret or something. I find it absolutely OOC for her to suddenly have romantic feelings for Lex. It's disgusting.

"Hypnotic" looks soo cheap. I'm sorry but that chick (who I think guest-starred as Caleb's gf in S1 OC) looks like a hooker. I don't think it was necessary to show her stripping down that much. And now Lana's going to walk in on Clark being hypnotised and go running off to Lex coz she feels unloved.

I wish they would just let Lana stay single. At least till Clark grows a pair and just tells her his secret.

Sometimes I wish I didn't get so attached to this show -_-

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I am sure that clark and lana broke up several episodes ago. They don't see each other nearly as much but when they are together they still act like they are a couple anyway. I wish someone would make a decision about whether they are still together or broken up and stick with it.

persephone

HSC
I thought they broke up ages ago too. I thought they broke up in 'Reckoning'. But apparently they're still a couple. I think Clark referred to Lana as his girlfriend in 'Cyborg'. But they're probably going to break up in 'Hypnotic' and Lana will run to Lex. I read on TWoP that there's speculation that Lana is only going to be with Lex to protect Clark. I'm not sure if that's true or not. But I don't like the aspect of Lana as martyr. If Lexana were to happen I want it to be mutual. Only for the sake of Lex. He gets kicked in the balls by so many women. They walk all over him.

I agree that Lana should be single for a while. I think it'll be good for her. And, yes, Clark needs to grow a pair badly. He is so annoying. Nowhere near being Superman.

I know what you mean about being too attached to the show. It annoys me but I can't help but watch.

Hypnotic is going to blow.

HSC
persephone said:
I thought they broke up ages ago too. I thought they broke up in 'Reckoning'. But apparently they're still a couple. I think Clark referred to Lana as his girlfriend in 'Cyborg'. But they're probably going to break up in 'Hypnotic' and Lana will run to Lex. I read on TWoP that there's speculation that Lana is only going to be with Lex to protect Clark. I'm not sure if that's true or not. But I don't like the aspect of Lana as martyr. If Lexana were to happen I want it to be mutual. Only for the sake of Lex. He gets kicked in the balls by so many women. They walk all over him.
Lana put them on a "break" in Reckoning, but stayed with him when his dad died because she knew he needed her support. I don't think "break" meant "break-up". I think the official "break-up" is in Hypnotic, unfortunately.

I want Lana to ONLY IF SHE REALLY MUST get with Lex to protect Clark's secret. I'll literally puke all over my keyboard if the romantic feelings are mutual. I'm sorry but Lex can jump off a cliff I don't care. He's a disloyal manipulative asshole and would treat Lana like a possession rather than a human being.

Lexana just irks me. It's where I draw the line and consider dropping this show. To be honest, these writers are pretty thick to even suggest Lexana. Lexana doesn't have the largest fanbase. Heck, I'd prefer Chlark or Clois over Lexana. Plus Lex and Lana? Kind of creepy and disturbing in itself.

Now all I can think about is the huge mistake this show is going to make putting Lex and Lana together. It makes me want to cry even more than clana breaking up.

persephone

HSC
Lex with anyone makes me sick. (Although, I secretly am a fan of Lexis). But I think they've been building up to Lexana pretty well, on Lex's side anyway. Watching season 3, you can see that Lex has a crush on Lana. And that's mostly because she has this goodness that he doesn't have.

Lex is supposed to be the villain so yes he is a disloyal manipulative asshole. And you're right to hate him because you're supposed to. But I have a tiny soft spot for Lex. And I know he's going to be evil but all that emotional trauma, it's no wonder he's so warped.

HSC
Okay time to resurrect this thread now that "Hypnotic" has aired in the US.

I think I'm done with this show! Much like Lana said, it's over for me. Forever.

I applaud these asswipe writers for flushing their show down the drain. Congratulations. I just hope they stop using Clana as a ratings gimmick. Don't give me false hope unless it's not false.

Clark is the biggest idiot in television history. I'm so sick of this show toying around with my emotions. They won't take any risks and so they just remain where they are, using recycled plot lines and snore-worthy ideas. Not to mention their lack of continuity.

I can't see how anyone except Lexana's can be happy at this point. And once they screw up Lexana, no ship will be happy. After seeing how they wrote clana, the centric ship of the show, I imagine all ships are beginning to question if they want to see their ship written like this? I just hope the show gets cancelled before the season even ends so I can stop being so attached to it out of habit.

persephone

HSC
I haven't watch it yet. I'm downloading it now. I was online while the ep was airing, reading a live thread. And I had no idea Lois was going to be in this episode. So that was a nice surprise.

Not a lot of people liked this episode because of the destruction of a ship. I'm indifferent to it. But it had to end. Just be glad you had 5 years of Clana. And when you had good Clana it was great. When you had bad Clana, it was very bad.

Was really excited for Brainiac's return in this ep. Him in Honduras. I'm looking forward to that the most. James Marsters looked really good in the ep stills. And in an interview he said some promising things about what Braniac is going to do to Clark.

HSC
persephone said:
Just be glad you had 5 years of Clana.
What we got was 5 years of attempted clana. They've never been in a decent relationship, which would involve Lana actually knowing everything about Clark. Now that clana's over, do I feel (as I am supposed to feel) that I have just journeyed through a binding relationship between Clark and Lana, of friendship, trust and love? No. I feel like I've come out of this craphole hoping that Lana will get killed off so Kristin Kreuk can get her hands on some better scripts.

Hypnotic was boring. Lex has sunk as low as to use a murderer to break up Clark and Lana and was even game enough to say "You put your trust in the wrong person". I suppose he thinks she should put her trust in him, because he is oh-so-much-more trustworthy than Clark.

Ironically, I support everything Chloe says and does, but she's getting a little annoying. A bit to the point her role has overtaken Clark's.

I will be watching next week's episode "Void", purely to see how Kristin interprets being on drugs. The trailer looked positively warped :D

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
where can i find the trailer for next week's episode?

i wasn't a fan of this week's episode, it was similar to another episode where Lex went under some sort of spell and married that woman that could control men.. -.-", below average episode, most interesting bit for me was the ending where Prof. Fine (?) had clones, just want to know what that's all about

i also agree that Lex has sunk to an all new low, lol! oh wells!

HSC
fantasy27 said:
where can i find the trailer for next week's episode?
www.devotedtosmallville.com (DTS)

Scroll down a bit to the "Void Trailer" news tidbit.

Did anyone see those "Fragile" promo pics? http://www.kryptonsite.com/fragilegallery1.htm

If you have a weak stomach, I suggest not to click on next. Unless you love Lexana. Though I must say I found those pictures amusing because Kristin looks immensely uncomfortable and as a whole it's very stiff. Not sensing the chemistry at all. No surprise there. But Kristin looks beautiful.

I think Tom directed "Fragile", so I might watch it to see how he does, though I'm not sure I can stomach Lexana for long.

Lex is sinking to many lows this season. From hiring skanks to break up Clark and Lana, then even having the nerve to pursue Lana while investigating Clark and abusing her weakness of honesty to gain her love. I hope Lana is playing Lex.

I don't want her to go back to Clark either though. Clark can jump into a sea of green kryptonite for all I care after what he did in "Hypnotic". Lana needs to be single. The girl's been thrown around so much she owes it to herself.

persephone

HSC
Those Lexana pics. Gross. Just gross. It's so unnatural and weird. I'm not a Lexana shipper at all. But what is Lana wearing? And her hair's done up so has she come from somewhere? I can't wait to see how Tom Welling directed Fragile. Imagine him trying to direct the Lexana kiss scene. I wonder if they kept on joking with him on set and stuff. I hope this means he does a DVD commentary. So long since I've heard him do one.

Lex is supposed to be sinking to new lows. I have to remind myself that we're not supposed to like him, he's going to be evil. But sometimes Clark's mean to Lex for no reason.

I don't know what to expect from "Void". Really excited to see John Schneider again.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
oh i have a question, from episode cyborg, when did lionel luthor find out about clark, besides always wanting to know? when he said

"ill keep your secret kal-el"

did he exchange this information with Dr Swann, because i read in one of those episode guides (even though ive watched all episodes) that Dr Swann and Lionel Luthor struck a deal somewhere (this was before Dr Swann died of course), i always thought it was a 'fake deal', but now im thinking otherwise

a bit off topic, but i think i read in a magazine that Nicholas Cage named his son Kal-el after superman! thats pretty cool, ehehhe

HSC
fantasy27 said:
a bit off topic, but i think i read in a magazine that Nicholas Cage named his son Kal-el after superman! thats pretty cool, ehehhe
Tis true :D Pretty awesome I thought.

fantasy27 said:
oh i have a question, from episode cyborg, when did lionel luthor find out about clark, besides always wanting to know? when he said

"ill keep your secret kal-el"

did he exchange this information with Dr Swann, because i read in one of those episode guides (even though ive watched all episodes) that Dr Swann and Lionel Luthor struck a deal somewhere (this was before Dr Swann died of course), i always thought it was a 'fake deal', but now im thinking otherwise
Some people spec that Lionel is really Jor-El, but apparently this is not the case. I think that's one of the main things everyone wants to know this season. What's the deal with Lionel? How will his relationship with Martha affect the Kents? What exactly is his ulterior motive?

Oh and I really want to know what happens with that video footage he got of Clark saving Lana from the explosion. I hope Lana gets her hands on it :p

persephonewrote:
Those Lexana pics. Gross. Just gross. It's so unnatural and weird. I'm not a Lexana shipper at all. But what is Lana wearing? And her hair's done up so has she come from somewhere? I can't wait to see how Tom Welling directed Fragile. Imagine him trying to direct the Lexana kiss scene. I wonder if they kept on joking with him on set and stuff. I hope this means he does a DVD commentary. So long since I've heard him do one.
I know! I found it hilarious he wasn't even in the S3 gag reel and he was the main character. Well, I heard his voice go "that's freaking hilarious" in the S3 gag reel but that's it.

I want to hear him do a commentary too. Preferably with Kristin heh...I like their flirting.

I wonder if Tom enjoyed doing the Lexana scenes. He's known to be pro-Lexana, so I've heard, which disturbs me somewhat. It's either an inside joke between him and MR, or something else coz I don't understand how anyone can support Lexana. It's gross.

I like Lana's hair in that scene. It's pretty.

persephone

HSC
Yeah, I can't believe Nicholas Cage named his kid Kal-El. Must be a fan. I'm a fan too but I won't be naming my kid Clark Kent or anything.

Still haven't seen Hypnotic. Stupid slow downloading. Read some reviews. And Neal Bailey off Superman Homepage wasn't too happy with it. Gave it a 1 out of 5. And I like his reviews and usually agree with most of the things he says. But I haven't seen the ep and probably won't till Easter break. Same with Void.

I so want a DVD special where they document Tom's directorial debut and how everyone behaved when he was directing. I can so see MR just fooling around.

EDIT: Was just on DTS

http://www.devotedfansnetwork.com/gallery/files/2/7/9/7/4/029-tvguideApril10-16.jpg

How cute is Tom Welling being director .... there needs to be a commentary for Fragile by TW on the season 5 DVDs. And a behind the scenes thing. Aww .... how cute.

Last edited:
HSC
persephone said:
Yeah, I can't believe Nicholas Cage named his kid Kal-El. Must be a fan. I'm a fan too but I won't be naming my kid Clark Kent or anything.
Not sure about the name Clark, but I think if I have a daughter in the far future, I wouldn't hesitate calling her "Lana" because the name's so pretty.

persephone said:
EDIT: Was just on DTS

http://www.devotedfansnetwork.com/gallery/files/2/7/9/7/4/029-tvguideApril10-16.jpg

How cute is Tom Welling being director .... there needs to be a commentary for Fragile by TW on the season 5 DVDs. And a behind the scenes thing. Aww .... how cute.
Yeah I saw those pics too. He looks a bit stiff in that one lol, but cute nonetheless.

I'm not sure I'd like a commentary on Fragile. Of course I want to hear what Tom has to say about directing, but then I'd have to put myself through the Lexana kiss again. Eugh. Of all things, why must they promote that?!

PS If you want to d/l, you can d/l off people at DTS who upload. General Forums --> Ep downloads. Very generous of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)