Smallville (US airings) - SPOILERS (1 Viewer)

persephone

HSC
New clip up for Void featuring Martha and Lionel. Not my OTP. Avaible for download off DTS main page.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
watched 'Fragile' a couple of days ago, and Lexana fans will be happy

placebo101

HSC
does anyone know the nameof the song played in the smallville ads on channel 10? It the episode with the girl with 'kryptonite lips'

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
ep 19 that just aired was pretty dramatic, finally its come clear about lionel knowing clark's secret

although what happened in the end with his head or something, confused me, so its Jor-el?

hmm

persephone

HSC
Haven't seen it yet. Although I'm not really caring. I'm very excited for the season finale though. It's been a very up and down season for SV.

HSC
fantasy27 said:
ep 19 that just aired was pretty dramatic, finally its come clear about lionel knowing clark's secret

although what happened in the end with his head or something, confused me, so its Jor-el?
I got confused at the end too. The whole ep was a rip-off of a typical horror movie though. However, I enjoyed the last Clark/Lionel scene and when Clark caught the elevator with Lionel staring down at him, that was awesome.

People have speculated that Jor-El is still in Lionel, but Lionel is not Jor-El if that makes any sense.

S5 Smallville began to suck second half. And now that they're pursuing Lexana (which I've heard no one likes except Lexana's), the ratings are going to tank. They already are. They didn't even build up the Lexana relationship so it makes no sense whatsoever.

If anyone caught the Lexana clip from "Fade", you'll understand what I mean when I say it really doesn't make any sense. Whether Lana is playing Lex or not, it makes no sense either way. And Clark as usual just stands there like a brick gawking at them smooching. The kiss was way too long. Ick.

Anyway, some people saying that they're doing Lexana because MR is apparently thinking about leaving the show for S6 because he thinks his character will have no plotline now that Lex is fully evil and all. Steven DeKnight, a writer, has set up his own myspace and dropped a hint on actor issues. Apparently he's legit.

persephone

HSC
Yeah I saw Steven DeKnight's myspace. There are plenty of places for Lex's character to go. If he leaves then I think it'll be the end of SV. I wish they would stick to comic canon and have Lex go really evil and be unremorseful about it.

See the finale poster ... jeez ....

HSC
persephone said:
See the finale poster ... jeez ....
I was really offended by it and already had a b*tch-fest about it on another site. People aren't very happy. It's such a degrading poster! Unless you're a complete male chauvinist, you'd probably be offended by it.

Adding to the fact that I despise the whole 'the female gender should be submissive', Lana's my favourite character and to go degrade her to that level as a man's possession is just disgusting and shameful. I hate how they only see her as a pretty faced object that every guy on Smallville has to have at least once. She's not something that needs to be passed around.

persephone

HSC
The poster is just wrong. Lana shouldn't be portrayed so submissivley. She's not a prize to be won or powerless or someone's possession. There's so much happening in the finale and they decide to make a poster like that. Right. Brainiac and Zod. Let's forget about them and make a really crappy photoshopped poster that no one likes.

Anyway ... FADE. I liked most of it. The Clark seeing Lois naked was funny. And the trailer for Oracle is awesome. I'm hoping it's like a 2 parter finale. Like it starts in Oracle and continues into Vessel.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
Fade was ok, Clark seeing Lois naked was pretty funny, lol, i thought that she would've wrapped a towel around her first

ok i had a look at the poster and i can see what you guys mean; but i reckon clark looks pretty good with dark clothes

Last edited:
HSC
Fade was okay sans the Lexana parts and clana parts which were just too sad and repetitive for me to endure.

I find it really weird that Lana and Lex are suddenly together. There was no build-up to it, so it was just like one day "I miss you". Okay wth. Which is why I'm not ruling out Lana playing Lex, altogether. I'm getting a bit bored of her constant "You saved my life" lines, especially when Lex never did in the first place. I'm pretty bitter about their relationship. It shows when actors don't agree with the script.........so the acting goes stale.

I liked Graham, he was awesome. Did anyone else find Tom Welling absolutely adorable after Gia kissed him? I've never seen him smile like that before.

persephone

HSC
Clark's face after Gia kisses him. He was first happy that somebody liked him and then when he figures out Graham hired her his face falls and it's so sad.

This LJ entry (http://juxtoppozed.livejournal.com/68867.html#cutid2) has screencaps of that bit and when I first watched it I didn't know how disappointed he actually was. (Disappointed because he thought someone else actually liked him when really they didn't. He must have some self-esteem issues). TW does cute so well.

persephone

HSC
Season finale VESSEL airs in the US in about 2 days. I can't believe the season finale is almost here. Season 5 went so quick. I remember when I was downloading ARRIVAL. Geez ...

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
so episode 22 is the final?

is there going to be a season 6..?

HSC
fantasy27 said:
is there going to be a season 6..?
God I hope not. I'm hoping the show will get cancelled. But realistically, yes there will probably be a season 6. They have to resolve this mess somehow. My guess is they won't last past season 6 though.

Btw, WORST FINALE EVER. I was like this -_- the whole way through. Boring boring boring. So Clark gets sucked into outerspace this time, Lex has turned into Zod (aka the white version of Morpheus from the Matrix), Lana has lost her mind (seriously, the world is ending and all she cares about is macking on the rooftop with Zod), Chloe really needs a man, and oh Lois and Martha are stuck on a plane. Geeee I wonder if they'll survive?! Dun dun dun...

I was hoping everyone would just die. It's like all the actors know how crap the script is....especially Kristin. I feel so bad for her. The stuff she's given to work with is crap. Lana's just coming off desperate, needy and stupid at this point. And we have a new ship! ZODANA! Woopee, is there ANY man who hasn't had Lana Lang?! Asshole writers.

And now the show is hinting at Chlark. The kiss disturbed me because Chloe/Clark is like brother/sister to me. And anyway, it's been 5 years, the girl really needs to move on.

So all in all, "Vessel" was like a mix between a bad Batman movie, the day after tomorrow and the matrix. Horrible. I hope they don't get picked up next season.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
hahha, i havent watched the episode yet, soon though

anyway, reading your comment made me laugh, and im sure ill share your frustration, whilst some episodes are like the 'good ol ones', some arent and are just totally crap, its dragged on for too long; time to put smallville to rest perhaps

persephone

HSC
3 letters that described my viewing experience. WTF.

Did not like the Chlark kiss or Zodana or Lexana or the self righteousness of Lex and Lana. How the ep seemed more about Lex and Lana than it did about Clark. The lack of Lois.

If I weren't a shipper I would have liked it more. The whole Zod in Lex and Clark in PZ is interesting. But the way that the characters have been portrayed and the divisions in shipping just infilitrated my opinions on the ep. Reading comments elsewhere and all the Chlarkers and Chloisers are so happy and how Chloe and Clark finally kissed after all Chloe's been through. I have never been a fan of Chloe. I like Chloe and Lois but not Chloe by herself so to see her praised all the time as if she walks on water is really annoying. Especially after the finale.

I want there to be lots of season of SV so that they can finally show Clark's transition to Superman. I'm willing to forsake any sort of shipping if they can just get him to a point where he can possibly be Superman.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
The smallville writers go crazy with the season finalie's. For the entire season everything goes along smoothly and then in the last episode everything they can possibly screw up gets screwed up. Then they basically have to start over the next season because nothing makes sense anymore. I don't like it.

persephone

HSC
They rush everything in the season finale. If they had less filler episodes and more episodes that were leading to the finale, it would have been better. But no, we get crap like Hypnotic. Hopefully next season will be better.

HSC
persephone said:
Hopefully next season will be better.
I doubt that. With this track record, I'm willing to bet we will get continued Lexana, one-sided Chlark and Clark still with no brain.

This show is beyond redemption. They've screwed it up too much to even be redeemed.

I used to like Chloe, but she needs to like, disappear for a while so Clark can grow his own brain. This show has turned into Chloeville. She's like "me!me!me!" every friggin episode.

The Smallville writers are idiots. They do everything we don't want to see and call it the best finale ever. It's cruel, it really is. Just because Chloe is their own creation, she gets glorified as this flawless being of righteousness. They never wanted Lana, never liked her never will, so they kick her to the curb and stick her with Lex. This results in hate of her character. Then they put Lois in there (no offence to cloisers) so they can have what they wanted from the beginning: Lois and Clark the younger years.

I'll tune in for the premiere of S6, but if it sucks, I'm over this nightmare. I devoted five years of my life to this show only to have it end like this. This is why I'm bitter. If you think it can't get worse, think again. Al/Miles will make it worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)