Smallville (US airings) - SPOILERS (2 Viewers)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'm getting a bit sick of the 'I don't want to murder anyone' bullshit. The last couple episodes have been about how he can't kill anyone. All the bad guys with powers just end up in that mental hospital, like that would really work. Seriously, he needs to stop being so soft and maybe kill some people every now and then.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I'm getting a bit sick of the 'I don't want to murder anyone' bullshit. The last couple episodes have been about how he can't kill anyone. All the bad guys with powers just end up in that mental hospital, like that would really work. Seriously, he needs to stop being so soft and maybe kill some people every now and then.
Yeah he should have just killed Lex. See now if he had just done that, none of this Zod business would have occurred and we would've been spared the cheap Matrix leather jacket tribute at the end.

At this point, I can't see Clark becoming Superman. He just has no balls. He needs to grow a pair without Chloe's help, then maybe he can start his journey to becoming Superman.

Though I guess the whole "can't kill anyone" thing is an attribute of Superman. No matter how bad the person, they don't deserve to die yadda yadda see the best in people blah blah.That being said, Clark still needs to grow up.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
hmm, just watched the finale, and in my opinion everything has been blown out of proportion, what a way to end season 5

season 6? maybe ill tune in, im not so sure, things are so out of whack that i dont know if i want to continue watching it

also at the rate things are going, i can't see Clark transforming into Superman

persephone

HSC
I used to like Chloe, but she needs to like, disappear for a while so Clark can grow his own brain. This show has turned into Chloeville. She's like "me!me!me!" every friggin episode.

The Smallville writers are idiots. They do everything we don't want to see and call it the best finale ever. It's cruel, it really is. Just because Chloe is their own creation, she gets glorified as this flawless being of righteousness. They never wanted Lana, never liked her never will, so they kick her to the curb and stick her with Lex. This results in hate of her character.
There has been some criticism of SV as being Lana-centric rather than Chloe-centric. I think that Chloe has become too important and too perfect, so able to do anything and everything and then criticise Lois for being able to do the job given to her. Also, there is suggestion that TPTB have too much of an interest in Lana. The reason there is hate for her character is because of the way Al/Miles change her character to whatever is most convenient.

He's supposed to grow to be Superman. And Superman doesn't kill people. Superman is always good. He's supposed to be a role model.

Clark needs to grow up. Forget all the who he should be with crap and focus on him being Superman. That said, I like the show and want it to continue for as long as possible because there's so much potential.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
i also think that chloe has become too perfect in being able to do absolutely everthing, can a job at the Daily Planet enable her to find all these things, all these computer programs, hacking, wow -- too perfect

need some flaws, besides not being able to get Clark

persephone

HSC
I know. That's what bugs me about Chloe, she can do EVERYTHING! Crack Kryptonian codes, hack into computers, break into places, whatever it is she can do it. And does anyone get upset over this? No. All the Chloe devotees are saying that it's a natural progression. What that she can do all these things and not get caught. That she can solve everything? But when Lois does something, like gets a job as campaign manager or chief of staff, it's like ... "OMG, she got another job again." Lois isn't perfect, she struggles and then her struggling is another point against her. It annoys me that Chloe is portrayed as so perfect. I want her to fail miserably at something. That she's not that great a reporter (btw, I still can't believe she can get an article on the front page on the Daily Planet. How old is she? 19. Right. No no. I believe that).

HSC
It's funny. People used to criticise Lana (*cough*Chlark fans*cough*) for being too "perfect" and having no flaws. Looks like the tables have turned. Chloe doesn't need flaws, she just needs to get laid. I think she needs a man, she's just so deprived. Who spends their time hacking Kryptonian codes?!

Al/Miles clearly do NOT like Lana. If they had an inkling of respect for that character, they would not have done what they've done with her. But their definition of respect is "she's pretty, let's pass her around all the guys in the show. Okay Lex's turn!"

Interview with Al:
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/

[/FONT]
Season 6 sounds quite gay to be honest. Al sounds like he's on crack and has no idea what's he on about.

This show really has gotten ridiculous. I remember back in S1-S2 when even the THOUGHT of Lexana was like "yeah right, are you on crack?" It was a joke.

I don't think the show will redeem itself in S6. I've given up hope. They've pretty much screwed everything up. S6 will be recycled plot lines (Chlark, Chloe gets burnt...again) with added just plain-bad plot lines ("evil" Lana and Martha)

Then S6 finale will be like, Clark gets sucked into some place again. If they even make it that far.

persephone

HSC
I read that interview. I just can't wrap my head around Al Gough. He says he reads message boards and if he's echoing what we're feeling than why doesn't he do something about. It was really odd to read that he thought the story telling was better this year. Um ... like how about NO!

Still disgaree about your point about how they don't like Lana. I still think they do. Whatever she does, no matter how weird/strange or whatever, it's still her that's in the right.

HSC
persephone said:
I read that interview. I just can't wrap my head around Al Gough. He says he reads message boards and if he's echoing what we're feeling than why doesn't he do something about. It was really odd to read that he thought the story telling was better this year. Um ... like how about NO!
I know. I was like wth is up with his "perusing the message boards" comment. He's probably misinterpreting the sarcastic cracks at the show as actual compliments.

persephone said:
Still disgaree about your point about how they don't like Lana. I still think they do. Whatever she does, no matter how weird/strange or whatever, it's still her that's in the right.
How is she in the right? They've managed to make every ship (including clana's) hate her character by putting her with Lex. There is nothing remotely right about Lexana.

They may not hate Lana, but they don't know how to write her properly. They like Chloe more because Chloe is their own creation. It's so obvious. Chloe is doing what Lana was meant to be doing in the original comics, i.e. teaching Clark about life before he goes on to be Superman. I'm mega-pissed they gave that role to Chloe. Heck, even DeKnight praised Chloe gloriously in his blog. Seriously, if they love Lana so much, why degrade her like this?! That poster for Vessel perfectly symbolised how they saw Lana...an object.

Lana was never perfect to begin with. I never understood why other ships criticised her for being flawless. She has her weaknesses too. She trusts people too much, she tends to misjudge many situations, she craves attention/love a bit much because she never had her parents to give her that. And here again, she is trusting Lex too much.

Though I don't blame her for hating Clark. She's right in this situation. Clark was the one who messed with her head.

Hope you don't take any of this bitterness personally :) Just my opinion.

dandel26

HSC
Jeez some serious critics in here. I loved season 5. Absolutly fantastic. Only thing i didn't like was the generic American young love crap. Also Tom Welling, shittiest actor in the world, Allison Mack is so much better. But yeah i thought the finale was really good, except for the god dam extra dimension prison thing, that was a bit lame.

I'm so gald they got rid of John Schneider, he was so shit both as the stupid well meaning stereotypical american morally virtuous father and as a shit actor.

persephone

HSC
Clark in PZ ... I was laughing. I know it was supposed to be serious but the expression on Welling's face. Priceless.

And sweetsweetcandy, you're justified in having your opinion and, none of this is personal it is all a matter of opinion. :)

I've noticed that in SV, the fandom is really really vicious and passionate. Which is a good thing but it's one of those fandoms that really gets people mad. It's all really really strange. When I talk about SV to my friends and certain shipping arrangements my friends are ... "You know they're not real, right?"

Anyway, Smallville is renewed for season 6. So yay. Mercy Reef/Aquaman didn't get picked up so AlMiles better be concentrating on fixing SV!

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
oh so there will definately be a season 6?

maybe ill tune in and out every now and then

persephone

HSC
Yep definitely a season 6. All the actors are signed up for 7 seasons, so there is a possibility of a seventh if things go well. I'm really hoping now that the show is nearing the end that they're really going to start telling really interesting stories. Because we all know how it ends but it would be really great if they showed how they got there.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Season 5 ending blew so hard. Not the final ep per se more just the lead ups to it. Truthfully though, i haven't actually seen it but i have read the plot summaries on twiz tv .. i can't see it being any better on screen though :p

Way to sink every ship except lexana. even that name sh*** me lexana .. more like hex nana.

Best case scenario now? lana lang gets killed off so kristin kreuk can devote her time to something more worthwhile rather than the lil b*tch she's portrayed in the series (when in real life she's no where near that passive-aggressive/demanding/inconsistent).

*baby voice* My mama told me emotions repressing was for me bad :eek:

persephone

HSC
Yeah, the eps leading up to the finale weren't that great. And I didn't like the finally much at all. Hopefully season 6 will redeem the show.

HSC
bobness said:
Best case scenario now? lana lang gets killed off so kristin kreuk can devote her time to something more worthwhile rather than the lil b*tch she's portrayed in the series (when in real life she's no where near that passive-aggressive/demanding/inconsistent).
My thoughts exactly. Free the Kreuk from this crapfest. The only reason I watch is for Kristin. I wish Lana would have just died in Reckoning. I mean, at least she was happy when she died and we wouldn't have to put up with Lexana which makes me barf all over my keyboard.

I can tell Kristin hates the material she's given. It shows in her delivery of the lines. I feel so sad her character has been degraded to this extent.

Btw as I've b*tched before, the S5 finale sucked. A lot. But Kristin looked amazing (sans the scenes she sucking face with Lex or Zod). Dammit I wish she wasn't on this show. Tom Welling's hot, but I'm a bigger Kristin fan by far and I feel the need to support her in whatever project she does so I guess I will continue watching till she gets herself fired from this show. Hell I would. On purpose.

persephone

HSC
But see they can't kill of Lana because she's alive and well in the comics. Yeah, I don't think Kristin likes the way her character's going or what they get her to do. I'm hoping for a better season 6. I love the show, I just wish it wasn't poorly written.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)