SMASH! (Sydney Manga and Anime Show) is looking for Volunteers! (1 Viewer)

Hi Nu Gundam

黄金聖闘士ハイニ ー
HSC
Hello everybody! First of all, a big thank you to Fatmuscle for allowing us to post this here! :)

SMASH! is back in 2008, and we are looking for fun, enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals to assist us at our event on August 2nd. There are many sections to choose from and we need help in all of them!

+ Video Games-related (Gaming comps, free play etc)
+ Art-related (Artists Circle, Art comp etc)
+ Cosplay-related (Cosplay comp, Cosplay games etc)
+ Technical/Audio-Visual-related (Camera work, Sound & Lighting etc)
+ Event/Stage-related (Stage activities, Trivia, Backstage etc)
+ Ticketing-related (Pre-reg, Sales, Doors etc)
+ General assistance
+ Other areas
Tell your friends about us too!

Volunteer Application Deadline: Midnight, July 12th, 2008.

Why Volunteer?

+ As a volunteer you are entitled to free entry to SMASH! 2008.
+ SMASH! offers a training program so that NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
+ Lunch and drinks are provided.
+ You will gain experience, which can help you in the workforce.
+ You will be presented a certificate for volunteering.
+ You will meet and work with a handful of enthusiastic and dedicated anime fans, artists and talents.
+ We are searching for several volunteers so you will definitely be given some free time to enjoy the convention yourself.

Interested?

Sign up as a volunteer by sending an email to volunteers@smash.org.au with the following details:

Full Name:
Nickname: (forum and/or personal)
Date of birth:
Sex:
Address:
Contact Number: (please write the best number we can use to contact you)
E-mail:
Choice of section: (Choose from the list above. List as much as you want in order of preference.)
Previous experience: (previous work experience or other work related experience you may have)
Skills: (any special skills you may have, e.g good speaking skills, languages, etc.)
Special Needs: (Details on anything about your condition that needs to be taken into consideration e.g. food allergies, vegetarian. etc)

Conditions

Please read the Volunteers Code of Conduct.

You must be at least 15 years old by the 2nd of August, 2008.

As a volunteer you agree to:

+ Show up to training days
+ Arrive promptly at SMASH! on August 2nd.
+ Be prepared to listen to instructions from your team leaders and the HR co-ordinator.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread, on our forums, or via email. Thank you!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
This looks interesting. Where is this held?

What do you actually have to do? Are there assigned jobs?

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I would do it, but im busy on Saturdays.

Hi Nu Gundam

黄金聖闘士ハイニ ー
HSC
lyounamu said:
This looks interesting. Where is this held?

What do you actually have to do? Are there assigned jobs?
SMASH! is held at the Roundhouse at the University of New South Wales. It's right next to the bus stop on Anzac Parade. It's easy to get there even if you are not a UNSW student, since there is a bus from Eddy Avenue at Central that goes straight to the front door of the uni, and the Roundhouse is just off to the side of the main path inside the uni.

The tasks that volunteers will handle on the day will be stuff like assisting with the running of events, registering people for competitions, assisting with entry for pre-registered attendees, etc. From my previous experience as an A/V volunteer last year, you are put into a section with a team leader and the team leader will assign each of you with tasks and responsibilities for the day.

G

Gavvvvvin

I'd be interested in helping out with AV stuff...got any more info?

Hi Nu Gundam

黄金聖闘士ハイニ ー
HSC
Unfortunately, I don't have any of the finer details of A/V volunteering for this year.

Please email our Volunteers Coordinator and he will get back to you with more info.

arutea

HSC
Hi guys! Thanks so much for your interest! We really appreciate all the help we can get at SMASH to make it a fun and successful event.

AV... AV... if you haven't emailed them already - let me try and get some info for you. ;)

*edit*

Here's what I could find out from the committee:

AV section: Controls main stage. Hub for AV staff supervision

A/V needs a total of 12 volunteers.

6 with digital video camera skills
6 with backstage skills, soundboards, visual mixers experience and knowledgeable/good with electronic equipment

Optional 4 volunteers needed that are generally good with electronic equipment esp computers both PC and MAC based.
If there's anything specific you want to know, please don't hesitate to ask! I will try my best to get the answer for you.

Cheerio!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)