Smh (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenecis

HSC
midifile said:
He represents my opinion. Yeah, its not fair what happened, but if I were in that position I wouldnt be putting up my hand and telling the invigilators that we didnt deserve the extra time.

You must be so righteous if you can honestly say that if you were in that position you would [and I dont actually believe that you, or anyone else for that matter would]
Actually, I was in that position last year. We had a sub who didn't bother to tell us it was over so I raised my hand. Everyone else looked as confused as me and if I didn't, I'm quite sure others would. Maybe it's just the culture of our school, we're like that.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
jenecis said:
Actually, I was in that position last year. We had a sub who didn't bother to tell us it was over so I raised my hand. Everyone else looked as confused as me and if I didn't, I'm quite sure others would.
Were you doing your HSC?

WhiteD69

HSC
tacogym27101990 said:
so jenecis, you reckon had you been put in the same situation as the ruse kids you would have told the examiners that 15 mins is too much?
everyone stop whinging about this
shit happens, the ruse kid wouldve beaten you anyway if your stupid enough to still be crying over it

not true.

and my (personal) main qualm with the whole thing is related to how the Rusians came onto this forum after the exam and GLOATED openly about it. Hardly humble.

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
jenecis said:
Actually, I was in that position last year. We had a sub who didn't bother to tell us it was over so I raised my hand. Everyone else looked as confused as me and if I didn't, I'm quite sure others would. Maybe it's just the culture of our school, we're like that.
that was an oversight by the supervisor, and you were right to remind him/her

but in the incident at the JRAHS exam centre, it was a decision made by the presiding officer. and who are we, as students, to query the decisions they make?

aussie-boy

HSC
Enobarbus said:
seriously, it's been a whole two weeks

aren't people starting to bore of this issue? i know i am
people don't just get "bored" of real issues
we're not just complaining to be bitches; there has actually been a serious breach of fairness here
as long as we continue to be disadvantaged, this issue won't just disappear

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
aussie-boy said:
people don't just get "bored" of real issues
we're not just complaining to be bitches; there has actually been a serious breach of fairness here
as long as we continue to be disadvantaged, this issue won't just disappear
"real issues" are things like poverty, AIDS, the financial crisis

this is just a storm in a teacup, and people will forget about it in two months' time - and very rightly so

Sastrawan

HSC
Be things as they may, I will feel sorry for the person who tops Ext 1 Maths, if they happen to be a Ruse kid. This controversy will kinda ruin that whole honour for them, and it is, regardless of anything, an honour to get full marks in any such exam, regardless of conditions.

Nevertheless, I think it was justifiable for this to be leaked to the media, because of the clear misconduct by the invigilators, and pathetic response from the Board of Studies. We are not so much blaming Ruse kids, who were only following instructions, but hopefully this will prompt more scrutiny into the BOS's way of operating.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
jenecis said:
And you, I suppose, represent the total canditatures' opinions? lol. w/e, sif I give a damn what you think about me.
You're entitled to your own opinion, but I just wanted to point out the obvious that you're criticizing a person of being a 'nerd with no social life' yet this little 15 minute extra has obviously disturbed you so much.

Enobarbus said:
"real issues" are things like poverty, AIDS, the financial crisis

this is just a storm in a teacup, and people will forget about it in two months' time - and very rightly so
Thank you, +1.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
wow.
been 2 weeks and people are still bitching?

hmmm
maybe BoS should give everyone an E4 :D

HSC
haha maybe they should make them seperate subjects
ie. James Ruse 3 unit maths and non-James Ruse 3 unit maths

amyy222

HSC
tacogym27101990 said:
haha maybe they should make them seperate subjects
ie. James Ruse 3 unit maths and non-James Ruse 3 unit maths

hahahhaa =P the arguments people have in here are funny. i cant believe it went to smh! =PP it is unfair though...

Aaron.Judd

HSC
addikaye03 said:
The only solution is for every student to re-sit the exam, maybe this time they won't make the exam so gay... i really really this happened
There's no way in hell this would ever happen.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
jenecis said:
That's so unfair!! An extra 15 mins! In that time, I could have corrected my mistake of plus/minus sign in my working and be in the running for 84/84!! Dammit!! Now I'm stuck with a 83/84 (max) and some James Ruses kid is gonna top Maths Extension 1 again because he got more time than me!

There's no way they can accurately determine what their 'real' mark should be because so many crucial factors come into play in the last few minutes. And both the students and examiners are at fault. The examiners should have stopped the exam on time or given a slight leeway, but definitely not 15 mins! And the James Ruse students knew what they were doing when they were ploughing through the darkness and going over time. Being the nerds they are famous for, all of them would have had a stopwatch in front of them and obviously none of them felt any guilty conscience as they went overtime (I mean, c'mon - shouldn't at least one person done the smart thing and informed the examiners in charge??? Aren't James Ruses people known for having a brain??) despite them being one of the most academically priveliged schools in the state. They don't need anymore advantages!!
So if you were given extra time, would you use it, or would you sit there like a dummy with your arms cross refusing to use it, and being hated by all those around you?

Aaron.Judd

HSC
Again, just chill and move on people. Events liek this (power outages and other simialr events) happens every day of the HSC exams every year thoughout the entire state.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lou071 said:
you can say that cos you go to James Ruse.
Put youself into other people's shoes,
no wonder why we cannot get over this matter
2 weeks later
lol sorry to break this to you but you should grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)