So how much work have you done in your holidays? (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Is it really that important to do a lot of study in the year twelve summer holidays? Because I'm planning a student exchange to France over that summer (though I guess that's like eight weeks of pretty much constant French study, and I have to go to school while I'm over there because the French winter break is like two weeks. Damn northern hemisphere).

ChrisMueller

HSC
Uni Grad
Nope. Not yet. I have to read Frankenstein for Module A and do work on my Ext. 2 major and Drama major though. In addition, I am going to write a Drama essay and do a belonging paper.
I don't feel like doing any work. :(

Bobbo1

HSC
Just remember this is you last real holidays until after the HSC again so make sure to get some good R and R.

Ali95

HSC
N/A
Well, this is what I've done so far...
Eng. Adv - read AYLI and found related texts
Eng. Ext. - finished all prescribed texts, did a draft creative piece, found five possible related texts
Society - Got up to date with notes, wrote draft intro for PIP
Modern - revised notes for WWI
Italian - practised speaking and listening by spending time with my grandparents (lol)

What's left...
Legal - notes for HR
Eng. Adv - deconstruct related texts
SOR - absolutely nothing, just planning to leave it alone.

Meanwhile, I've also managed to go away to the South Coast for 2 weeks and do no work whatsoever, go shopping numerous times, catch up on all my TV shows and help my parents redecorate the study so that I can get a new desk (up till now, I've been doing all my work on the kitchen table)

So, all things considered, I think I've had a pretty good holiday, considering my ATAR aim, and the fact that I'm actually hoping for Law/Intl Studies @ USYD
What do you guys think? :)

enoilgam

HSC
So, all things considered, I think I've had a pretty good holiday, considering my ATAR aim, and the fact that I'm actually hoping for Law/Intl Studies @ USYD
What do you guys think? :)
Well, it really depends on your overall plan/approach for the year. But I think what you have done sounds pretty good - I think a good balance of study and other stuff is definitely the way to go with these holidays.

lyssaluck

HSC
Uni Grad
ive done 3 english essays found my related texts.
done 2 food tech essays
and written all study notes for term 1
i havent done much compared to all of you
i need my passion and dedication back!

hayabusaboston

HSC
Has anyone not read their prescribed text, and just planning to use sparknotes or something?
Yea im doing this. Not bothering with reading english texts at all. The chick who's topping eng adv at my school doesnt ever read her texts, she sparknotes them LOL

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
OMG, thank god, I just couldn't stand reading pride and prejudice, just read like 100 pages (speeding) and couldn't be bothered. Now that story has inspired me to not read it :D
The way i see it is that there is no point reading a text if you're not fully focused and absorbing it. You're better off just looking at sparknotes now like Haya said and then actually reading it when you study the text in depth.

SunnyScience

HSC
I never watched Bladerunner...only like bits and pieces here. I'm still not sure what the name of the main character is. However, I did fine ;) I don't recommend it though.

Pete1555

HSC
I've made up-to-date notes with all my subjects except for English. I have also completed all the holiday homework set, except for English... However I have read the Harry Lavender book. I'm now finalizing my IPT major project, which will be the end of my holiday goals. So overall I reckon I did a fair bit of work, but I would of loved to do more English... A LOT more ENGLISH...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)