So raw mark for band 6? (1 Viewer)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
usually about 80-82, might shift to 84~ if easy

friend177

HSC
What determines the cut-off for a band 6?
every students mark
Each year, HSC markers gather for each subject and talk about what the raw-mark cutoffs should be for the various performance bands. HSC markers would look at the achievements required in each Band by going back to the student outcomes, abilities required for Band 6, Band 5 etc for each exam. For example, they may decide for one particular hard year for Chemistry that a raw mark of 73 or above is Band 6, and 64 to 73 is Band 5, and 57 to 64 is Band 3 and so on. In recent years, the E4 cut-off for Maths Extension 2 was between 70 and 80 out of 120, meaning if your raw exam mark was greater than this (whatever it may be for a specific year), then you would achieve band E4.
^ Dux college said that

SXCBEAST

HSC
so we have as low as 79 and as high as 87.... great thanks

friend177

HSC
so we have as low as 79 and as high as 87.... great thanks
I believe last years was 79-81/100 i dont think they would be a big change..the essay and short answer were much easier but the Multiple choice was a bit tricky

rayy_bann

HSC
Hey guys do you know what the raw mark was last year? And is the raw mark for a 90 just one number or is it for example, a range of numbers for the cutoff like 80-82?

Bobbo1

HSC
yep, even though essays were easier than last year, short answers about the same, i think the harder multiple choice more than made up for that

13abie

HSC
yep, even though essays were easier than last year, short answers about the same, i think the harder multiple choice more than made up for that
i found the multiple choice quite easy and the essays quite hard :/
The exchange rate question was backwards and the monetary question had so much to say in so little time !

clo_clo

HSC
i found the multiple choice quite easy and the essays quite hard :/
The exchange rate question was backwards and the monetary question had so much to say in so little time !
hehe no way~!! i had like, an hour and ten minutes for both essays cos the short answer was so easy

Titangod77

HSC
I soo agree with you..
I done exchange essay first (1 hour)
I done monetary policy ... But 1 hour wasn't enough for me to say how impacts u/e and conclude it
for monetary since the essay was what is the impact of MP on inflation and u/e.
I talked about inflationary trends , how Exchange settlement accounts work (step by step took a lot of time) and how this in turn affects (tightening and loosening) the economy,
After that I had like 2 minutes
So I quickly stated NAIRU , drew Philips curve and in sentence said that micro policy has to be used to reduce NAIRU in order lower supply inflation

So hopefully I get 15/20 .... Not too sure only 5 pages :/

Thanks

Last edited:

manscux

HSC
I soo agree with you..
I done exchange essay first (1 hour)
I done monetary policy ... But 1 hour wasn't enough for me to say how impacts u/e and conclude it
for monetary since the essay was what is the impact of MP on inflation and u/e.
I talked about inflationary trends , how Exchange settlement accounts work (step by step took a lot of time) and how this in turn affects (tightening and loosening) the economy,
After that I had like 2 minutes
So I quickly stated NAIRU , drew Philips curve and in sentence said that micro policy has to be used to reduce NAIRU in order lower supply inflation

So hopefully I get 15/20 .... Not too sure only 5 pages :/

Thanks

you will do fine udit...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)