So what did the dux of your school get? (1 Viewer)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Ultimate

u can't be serious can u? what difference does it make getting 99.95 or 100, u can get into any course u want, what a loser.
Repeating is the most ridiculous thing i have *ever* heard! The UAI has a function (besides boosting egos), and 99.95 serves that function the same as 100. You get offered the same scholarships, invited to the same days, and even sounds better (and more realistic) if u tell ppl what uai u received! I mean does this person have no other aspirations beyond hsc? Uni, work, society etc? I don't even know if they would even get the respect usually awarded to those who attain 100...and as if you would be able to work that hard again for such an arbitrary goal!

*ugh* good luck to 'em.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by timmii

Repeating is the most ridiculous thing i have *ever* heard! The UAI has a function (besides boosting egos), and 99.95 serves that function the same as 100. You get offered the same scholarships,
Actually, you don't. UNSW didn't offer my friends who got .95 scholarships and USyd did. But that's no reason to repeat :p

*ugh* good luck to 'em.
I wouldn't even say that...they don't need or deserve luck. Any uni would let them in based on the original UAI I'm sure. They need psychological help IMO :rolleyes:

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by kini mini

Actually, you don't. UNSW didn't offer my friends who got .95 scholarships and USyd did. But that's no reason to repeat :p

Now i feel rejected and insecure. What did unsw offer the 100s?

jessika

law chicky
HSC

nothing, they were too damn stingy lol.

tekster

HSC
N/A

Dux wanted to do Medicine.. but failed the UMAT.
So hes now doing Acturial Law.

I'm just really wondering..
How does someone with a UAI of 99.5+ fail the UMAT?

Last edited:

kini mini

HSC

They offered them scholarships, but no-one else. Obviously they have different budget priorities from Syd.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by tekster

Dux wanted to do Medicine.. but failed the UMAT.
So hes now doing Acturial Law.

I'm just really wondering..
How does someone with a UAI of 99.5+ fail the UMAT?
Quite easily from what I hear...the touchy-feely emotional intelligence questions really got people. Or perhaps he was a humanities guy and couldn't handle the problem solving?

tekster

HSC
N/A

Quite easily from what I hear...the touchy-feely emotional intelligence questions really got people. Or perhaps he was a humanities guy and couldn't handle the problem solving?
Well, he did both Extension 2 Maths & English.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
UMAT tests your emotional responses to situations, with some problem solving, and as a consequence has nothing to do with your intelligence.

I failed UMAT but still did well in terms of UAI, and I know a lot of ppl who got 99+ but failed UMAT.

timmii

sporadic attendee

They offered them scholarships, but no-one else. Obviously they have different budget priorities from Syd.
I did not know that...How much were they given? Maybe I *should* be considering repeating....

kini mini

HSC

I did not know that...How much were they given? Maybe I *should* be considering repeating....
LOL...full remission of fees I heard :). I don't know if it's like USyd where you pay first, they earn interest from your money, and they pay it back if you get a distinction average.

timmii

sporadic attendee

LOL...full remission of fees I heard :). I don't know if it's like USyd where you pay first, they earn interest from your money, and they pay it back if you get a distinction average.
*argh* I am soooo repeating now! :rolleyes:

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
hey does the umat test cost any money to apply? i'm interested. just for the sake o' doing it:D

kini mini

HSC

*argh* I am soooo repeating now! :rolleyes:
LOL I'm not sure how much it is, I know from someone who got 100 in 2001 mind so I suppose things may have changed.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
Originally posted by Ultimate
UMAT tests your emotional responses to situations, with some problem solving, and as a consequence has nothing to do with your intelligence.

I failed UMAT but still did well in terms of UAI, and I know a lot of ppl who got 99+ but failed UMAT.
yeah and then u get opposite.. like ppl that did all right at UMAT , but UAI wasn't that great (me)

N

ND

Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
hey does the umat test cost any money to apply? i'm interested. just for the sake o' doing it:D
I think it's about $120.

not that good actually.Im talking about St Columba's in the mountains.He got over 90 in only 4 or 5 subjects and recieved a uai of 98.9.Pretty lame....no offence

SoFTuaRiaL

dux got 99.95 .......... which was SHOCKING to say the least coz every1 expected him to get a 100 !!
oh well, guess it doesnt really make a difference as long as u get into ur course ......... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)