So what did the dux of your school get? (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Well I was completely shocked...the person I thought was gonna get dux came third on 96.something-I thought she was a shoe-in!:eek:
The person who did get dux got 97.something, which was also a surprise-I thought she would have gotton a 98 at the absolute lowest.

Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
dux at my skool got 79.25 thats pretty bad
holy crap.that's bloody shocking.what school is this cause i should have gone there and been the dux with no problems

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by Almighty Jafar

holy crap.that's bloody shocking.what school is this cause i should have gone there and been the dux with no problems
i dont think so. why i say so is cos its possible that the dux in that skool is really smart but the uai went down cos the whole skool performed bad .... and so he got marked down too, he prolly deserves something 85+ if u know what i mean.

Originally posted by Da Monstar

i dont think so. why i say so is cos its possible that the dux in that skool is really smart but the uai went down cos the whole skool performed bad .... and so he got marked down too, he prolly deserves something 85+ if u know what i mean.
i don't reckon, caus i thought your exam marks are separate and aren't scaled down by the schools performance- i do know that assessments marks are effected by the school's exam performance's but the dux's raw assessment mark would have been moderated down only by a couple of points.Was 79 the highest uai at your school?

SoFTuaRiaL

i don't reckon, caus i thought your exam marks are separate and aren't scaled down by the schools performance- i do know that assessments marks are effected by the school's exam performance's but the dux's raw assessment mark would have been moderated down only by a couple of points.Was 79 the highest uai at your school?
well .... u might be right, but i just reflected what my maths sir told me ..... that induvidual exam marks r affected my ur skool's overall ranking ........ he may b rong though
in my skool, the dux got 99.95 . epping boys high

Originally posted by Da Monstar

well .... u might be right, but i just reflected what my maths sir told me ..... that induvidual exam marks r affected my ur skool's overall ranking ........ he may b rong though
in my skool, the dux got 99.95 . epping boys high
that's not fair though, caus hsc people from many schools do the same test for a course so an exam mark should be directly comparable among schools already without scaling

mystery_angel

Actually the dux at my skool had only the second highest UAI-- she got 97.9 or something like that but she got into the course at Sydney U that she wanted.. so I guess it's still pretty good!!

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by mystery_angel
Actually the dux at my skool had only the second highest UAI-- she got 97.9 or something like that but she got into the course at Sydney U that she wanted.. so I guess it's still pretty good!!
Welcome to the board mystery_angel :)

I think that the important thing is to get into the course that you want, anything else is just a matter of pride.

Originally posted by kini mini

Welcome to the board mystery_angel :)

I think that the important thing is to get into the course that you want, anything else is just a matter of pride.
in my opinion this dux lost their title caus they didn't get the best hsc result- the uai.A true dux in my book is the best in the hsc and got the highest uai in the school.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
in my opinion this dux lost their title caus they didn't get the best hsc result- the uai.A true dux in my book is the best in the hsc and got the highest uai in the school.
but no one really cares after the hsc ... really!

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

but no one really cares after the hsc ... really!
I agree, it becomes so meaningless, ppl become focused on the bigger issues in life.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate
I agree, it becomes so meaningless, ppl become focused on the bigger issues in life.
:) i mean it was sort-a-like the school certificate ... no one cares ... and of course there are bigger issues in life - where is the pub and when does it close ... and can i get a discount :p

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

:) i mean it was sort-a-like the school certificate ... no one cares ... and of course there are bigger issues in life - where is the pub and when does it close ... and can i get a discount :p
I know, I'm more interested in how I will survive in college life, what kind of work I would lke to do, and of course where I can get discounts on stuff prob at the manning bar in USyd I would say. :) :D

come to think of it,we had two duxes at my school.They both got the award on grad. night.All i know is that one got 98.9- the other one im not sure about.

Originally posted by Slice of heaven
almighty jafar, are you from st john's park high school ?
no, im from saint columba's.At my school, the person with the highest uai got the dux award- that to me is the fairest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)