So what do we need for uni ? (1 Viewer)

conics2008

HSC
so yeh they havin back to school sale atm, and i was wonderin what should I get...

I know i would need pens etc.. but about the books ???

what kind of books or folders, in school i never really used anything like i dont buy books, i usually bring a4 papers and do all my shit over them n hope for the best ???

any suggesttions ?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
pen and pad. Thats it. Excercise books if you do sums or excercises while at uni.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Sounds like all you'll need at this stage are your A4 papers or however you're used to or comfortable with taking notes. Everything else like calculators (if you need it for your course) and textbooks and other accessories you'll learn or be advised in the first week of uni about what you need to get. You might need a decent backpack to carry your books 'n things. What course are you doing?

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Just bring a pencil case with you. You'll get lecture notes with every course you take. Give the guy a break, he is only starting uni this year after all :D

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
in UNSW you print off the lecture notes at home and bring them to the lecture (depends on the lecturer in charge)

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
in UNSW you print off the lecture notes at home and bring them to the lecture (depends on the lecturer in charge)
Reckon I can stuff everything into my mass big huge ass handbag?

edit: love your sig. I haven't read it all; so long!

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
If your handbag can handle 4 subjects worth of Lecture Notes each day (depending on your timetable of course)... then Yes!!:lol:

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Kirsty Xx said:
Reckon I can stuff everything into my mass big huge ass handbag?

edit: love your sig. I haven't read it all; so long!
The lecture notes aren't that bulky. 10 pages at most. You'd really be carrying half of what you ever carried to school. Everything you need for uni will fit in a handbag.

and please enjoy a fine lesson in ww2 history!

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
TehAzner said:
If your handbag can handle 4 subjects worth of Lecture Notes each day (depending on your timetable of course)... then Yes!!:lol:
O0o0o lol I'll work something out. It's like starting high school all over again ... that feeling of not knowing what the hell to take etc. I'm the first in my family to go so it's completely new to me. A folder perhaps for notes and paper? Like the 2 binder ones or something? :eek:

rcr4fags said:
HOW THE *&^*&% ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW?
lametrollislame

darkwolfzx said:
The lecture notes aren't that bulky. 10 pages at most. You'd really be carrying half of what you ever carried to school. Everything you need for uni will fit in a handbag.

k awesome thanks :)

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
darkwolfzx said:

Yep that's true... try doing Accounting at USYD though... Cash Flow lecture Notes were 57 pages thick 0_o. Had to carry those for 3 weeks straight.

Btw congrats on an epic 1000th post and I also find your sig entirely educational yet hilarious :p

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
dont bring pens.
instead ask the person next to you for one.
then it gives you a way to break the ice and talk to people.

or you just become the n00b that doesnt bring a pen to uni lol

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
thats actually a pretty fine idea. Should consider that in my psyc lectures, there are quite a few ladies there, unlike in the engineering faculty.

Smithereens

HSC
darkwolfzx said:

Where's Curtin or Chamberlain? :(

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
aussie figures were too insignificant by history book standards (outside australia it seems). Real heroes never get recognised.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
aussie figures were too insignificant by history book standards (outside australia it seems). Real heroes never get recognised.
sat there and watched the whole sig. just awesome. funny too :haha: woot.

Last edited:

erm

HSC
gloworm14 said:
dont bring pens.
instead ask the person next to you for one.
then it gives you a way to break the ice and talk to people.

or you just become the n00b that doesnt bring a pen to uni lol
People who borrow pens piss me off (you can probably tell i've had bad experiences)

doink

Clone
HSC
There's an old saying that all you need is a chip and a chair,
but to beat the best you need alot more.
You need courage, not just the lack of fear but you also have to be able to swallow your pride when you know you're beat.
When luck shuts the door you have to come in through the window, thats where skill comes in.

Hang on a second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)