So, whatcha all doing here next year? (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
What degrees are you first years planning to do?

Any computer people?

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
Not that I'll be first year next year, but so long as i pass everything I'll be back continuing Arts/Law

Callistogenic

HSC
After sitting in the BA(Digital) for first semester, getting yanked out and placed on leave due to an emergency at home, and thinking things through, I've decided to change my program to BMedSci.

michell3x

xxx
HSC
Transferring for my second year from UQ <3 (B.Econ to B.Econ/B.Arts)...I get to be a first year all over again :D

HSC
hey guyz n girls.

imma do B of arts/ animals.

hope 2 see some of you guyz n girls :)

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
hoping to get into PhB (Science) (Hons) :) there aren't many places for it though, so i have to hope for the best...

rickem

RÎçkõ
HSC
Bachelor Music/Bachelor Science is my first choice and i'll be staying @ burgmann hopefully. Maybe see some of u around.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
Economics/law or Commerce/law...

was wondering does ANU or can ANU combine international relations with a law degree?

and also i just read that if your UAI falls below the cut off you can write a statement of no more than a page stating your motivation and aptitude for law etc... was wondering who could we send that to for those that are interestd ?

cheers

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
Thank you very much. I have checked on the ANU homepage and also the UAC 2007 GUIDE and i don't see any INT Relatoins/Law degree program... do you have to do it as an alternative way like picking up int. relatoins aftr the first year?

another questoin.. for those who live on campus, how do you make ends meet with the accomodation costs and HECS ?

thanks for the feedback

cheers

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Mr. Sabuncuoglu said:
Thank you very much. I have checked on the ANU homepage and also the UAC 2007 GUIDE and i don't see any INT Relatoins/Law degree program... do you have to do it as an alternative way like picking up int. relatoins aftr the first year?

another questoin.. for those who live on campus, how do you make ends meet with the accomodation costs and HECS ?

thanks for the feedback

cheers
1. I.R:
I.R. is just one particular major in an Arts degree. Just enrol in the intro to pols/i.r. courses.

2. $
Most people have a job, otherwise you can still live - if you call that living.
HECS is defered until you reach a certain salary later in life. Unless you plan on paying some/all upfront, or are an international student, then HECS is no issue.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
In addition:

To clarify for alex (iron) to do IR/law you do Arts/Law with an IR major.

Living: refer to Neo's posts last year about surving soley on Youth Allowance (and come play some poker with him if you end up at the ANU).

Oh and Hecs should always be deffered. You pay upfront and get a 25% discount but if you defer it is deducted before tax which equates to a discount of whatever tax bracket you are in eg 30%+

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
thankyou for the replies...

Yeah IF i get into ANU... i was thinking of coming in january or early february to find a job before i start uni... is this a good idea or just a waste of time? cuz im not sure of the demand for the jobs there...

do they pretty much have a job vacant?

would anyone know who i would send a letter to about "a below UAI cut off"... i know its administration or somehting... would any1 be as kind to post up the full address?

thank you

cheers

ArtOfLosing

HSC
I'm going fo B IT/B Arts

I'm most interested in web design / graphics (however i have next to no experience here - i've been doing a traineeship mostly focused on networking for the past 2 years). I'm hoping the new media arts stream will cater for my interests.

Also, with accomodation, is there one hall/college where more IT type people live or is it all about the same?

L

littlewing69

Arts/Law is the plan. Fingers crossed for teh You Eh Eye.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)