• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

so who else hates Johnsy? (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Pace Setter
Whats wrong with Joey as a person?
you are obviously not a novacastrian or had the 'joy' of meeting him

Originally posted by lolzieee
his brother annoys me too.. only because he hardly EVER tips the roosters
mattys nice

KfWang

what most people dont get is that were NOT meant to care about Andrew Johns is like off the field, hes just another person when hes not playing, and you can get dickheads or not, but i think tha Johns is the best player in the world, Newcastle is not stuffed without Joey the rest of our team can stil do the job without him, and regardless of what the is like off the field, he is my hero on the field!!! lol
and Johnny Wilkyboy will not kick Joeys ass as the only thing he can do is kick the bloody ball, and he doesnt know how to tackle..!!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lols...
j. wilkinson is more than a kicker, but they came third in europe 6's championships, bhind france and ireland (ROFL!)

Pace Setter

Originally posted by Josie
Andrew Johns is SO INCREDIBLY UP HIMSELF. Have you ever read any of his articles? ArGGHHH
AND HE IS NOT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD!
Thats the way they started the article on it in the paper today. "The best played in the world, Andrew Johns...." ARGHARGHARGH
I REally really hate him. My friends like "Newcastle and NSW and Australia are stuffed now" I'm like.... NO! Newcastle might be, but NSW and Australia certainly aren't. I'm sure they will miss him, but its not the end of the world, jeeez
Yes Ive read his articles, in the Sunday Telegraph. There made up of his opinions on how he views the teams of the comp, as well as inside info on his medical status, which recieves a huge amount of audience interest. Whats wrong with that?

Like it or not, without Joey, our chances of thrashing the kiwis and poms decrease significantly. Without him, we lost our first game to NZ for who knows how long, as well as only marginally defeating the Poms in each test-an obvious contrast to the 50 point thrashings we gave these teams when Joey was around. Both these games had other influences like injuries to other players, different end of season, etc, but u cant seriously be saying we wouldnt have done better against our recent international competition if we had him in the team.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
look on the bright side, it gives some1 else the opportunity to play for NSW and Australia, it gives newcastle alot of practice without him, so now other players have to step up and not rely on joey

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Yes Ive read his articles, in the Sunday Telegraph. There made up of his opinions on how he views the teams of the comp, as well as inside info on his medical status, which recieves a huge amount of audience interest. Whats wrong with that?

Like it or not, without Joey, our chances of thrashing the kiwis and poms decrease significantly. Without him, we lost our first game to NZ for who knows how long, as well as only marginally defeating the Poms in each test-an obvious contrast to the 50 point thrashings we gave these teams when Joey was around. Both these games had other influences like injuries to other players, different end of season, etc, but u cant seriously be saying we wouldnt have done better against our recent international competition if we had him in the team.
Can I point out we have some semi-decent halves in the competition besides the ALMIGHTY PRICK?
Sure, he is a great player, but he is not the best in the world, and there are quite a few promising players lining up to replace him.

And yes, I hope johnny wilkinson kicks his ass too.

The worst thing about Andrew Johns is the media hype about him. Everyone says hes the best in the world, he cant do anything wrong, and if by some chance he makes a mistake, they say "oh, you wont see him do that again", and when he makes the mistake 5 mins later they go all quiet. Bloody commentators. Rabbits should be shot. (the commentator, not the team)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
The commentators are awfully biased towards Johns, so Suney is right. It gives someone else the chance to play halfback for Australia and NSW and show what they can do.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Bloody commentators. Rabbits should be shot. (the commentator, not the team)
rabbits is the best commentator in the world!!!!
he just gets u so involved in the game, and he even makes swimming so much more fun to watch

Pace Setter

Sure, it would lead to other alright half-backs having a go on the international scene. But this is OUR national team, and should be a representation of the best performed players in our country, not a team of hopefuls. The NRL and Origin games are there for the aspiring hopefuls to prove that they are international material, which is what Johns had to come through to be part of the team in the first place. Of course now since he's out, lets just hope that Kimmorley or one of the others proves your "there are many better players than Johns" theory absolutely correct.

The commies are awfully biased towards him? Maybe... but probably for the same reason as the non-knights supporting public use to call the knights a 1-man team. Also, Its not Johns' fault that the media (and some fans) are obsessed with him-except of course the fact that he's proved to many that he is unparalleled in this sport.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Of course now since he's out, lets just hope that Kimmorley or one of the others proves your "there are many better players than Johns" theory absolutely correct.
ahh, no one said that

but some of our best players made their debut earlier than expected because some1 had an injury

so this just gives NSW and Australia the opportunity to show how much depth we have

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Rabbits is over the top. Go Roy and HG for best commentary!

There are players EQUAL to Mr Johns, and now they have the chance to prove this. For sure, the Australian side is supposed to be representative, but its difficult to "come through the levels" when they are dominated by one person.

I agree totally that the obsession is not his fault, but his arrogance doesn't help things along :)

Pace Setter

"There are players EQUAL to Mr Johns, and now they have the chance to prove this."

As ive said, I hope your right.

"For sure, the Australian side is supposed to be representative, but its difficult to "come through the levels" when they are dominated by one person."

Well thats what the NRL's for. Even if the games "dominated" by one person, perform better in the NRL competition-and you'll get selected. Exactly how Johns became halfback & captain.

If Johns wasnt as arrogant as you say, wouldnt he be even more loved, by the media and public?

Rabbits tends to get a bit too Americanised sometimes, although his unique voice and style is priceless to hear.

KfWang

Is it possible for him to be any more loved? :p
Maybe? i mean who can tell ..

one upside to this it that the rest of the Knights can now show everyone we aint a one man team .. like we did last season though everyone chose to forget it

as for state of origin and austrlia.. well someone might just step up to the challenge... im placing my bet on Kurt Gidley joining the rep side, that or Craig Gower

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i've met him a few times and he seems to be a genuine enough bloke (as well as a good surfer, i think it has something to do with the low centre of gravity) but granted, he is pretty sleazy out in town and shit, but then again so are a lot of NRL players. not last year but the year before after he fucked his neck he was out in town ALL the time, going crazy on pingers

regarding his footballing abilities, i do believe him to be the best player in the world when he is at his peak. however, the kinghts, nsw, can still be good teams without him - kurt gidley, for instance, has been playing great footy with the knights and he's only in to his first full year of being a starting player; and for NSW and Australia you still have players like Preston Campbell, Craig Gower, Brett Kimorley, Brett Finch, Berrigan etc. theres no shortage of players to fill the vacuum (even if they arent quite as good as him)

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
It was a sad and sorry sight seeing one of the worlds greatest players on a hospital bed, last night on the Footy Show..............

Hopefully Joey comes back stronger and better............

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cleopatra
i like gidley
hes good
which one?

Originally posted by RiCe_GrOwEr
It was a sad and sorry sight seeing one of the worlds greatest players on a hospital bed, last night on the Footy Show..............
i was slightly irritated that he chose a sydney hospital over a newcastle one...but hey, whatever floats ya boat

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
As far as Johns goes I just feel sorry for his teammates every time he plays state of origin or for Australia... every time he does it seems like everyone thinks he wins the game all by himself with no help from the rest of the team. Every try scored he somehow set up (even if it was just a pass three plays before) and no-one else, no matter how well they play, seems to get any credit whatsoever from the commentators or the papers.

That annoys me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)