So who else thinks we got slid a 2 unit paper? (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Hey Pwnage101..
Today's exam was a REALLY REALLY difficult paper compared with pretty much every other HSC past paper I've done over the last few months (2001 - 2007 HSC, CSSA trials since 2001, 2006 & 2007 NEAP and 6 past papers from MANSWA) in which I averaged 96-ish.
That said, I'm still hoping for late 80s, early 90s as most of the content, while being difficult, I was able to handle.
Still quite a jump from my hopes of mid-90s... Sorta cut coz I studied my butt off. *sigh*

Apart from that... no it was nowhere NEAR as difficult as a 2U paper, the OP is wrong.

silverfiction

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
Hey Pwnage101..
Today's exam was a REALLY REALLY difficult paper compared with pretty much every other HSC past paper I've done over the last few months (2001 - 2007 HSC, CSSA trials since 2001, 2006 & 2007 NEAP and 6 past papers from MANSWA) in which I averaged 96-ish.
That said, I'm still hoping for late 80s, early 90s as most of the content, while being difficult, I was able to handle.
Still quite a jump from my hopes of mid-90s... Sorta cut coz I studied my butt off. *sigh*

Apart from that... no it was nowhere NEAR as difficult as a 2U paper, the OP is wrong.
the OP was a joke... like a metaphor for THE TEST WAS HARD!
:hammer:

romolomo

HSC
our class was speaking to our maths teacher before the exam (who used to be on the writing committe until two years ago) and she said that they have been building up the hardness of the exams so that those who have dropped from 2U will still be challenged

silverfiction

HSC
romolomo said:
our class was speaking to our maths teacher before the exam (who used to be on the writing committe until two years ago) and she said that they have been building up the hardness of the exams so that those who have dropped from 2U will still be challenged
lol well there u go :uhhuh:

still doesnt help us ppl that have always done general.. :cold:

chevy

HSC
I really didnt think that it was that bad. I don't know..

I dropped down from 2 unit at the end of term three so I guess that I missed out on some of the probability and financial maths and that but in all honesty I didn't find it terrible.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
just have faith in the system, guys and gals, teh Board will moderate it to what u guys deserve, and wont put u at a disadvantage to ppl who did it last year

smurf10

HSC
Im hoping to just push into the 80's.. was expecting a bit more but made some silly mistakes as usual..
Paper wasn't too hard but wasn't real easy either..
I dunno, who cares, no more maths!!

swalls

HSC
maths was so so hard, i wanted anything over 60..
during the exam i was thinking.. hello UAI of 40.. fuking gay but hey im neverdoin that shit again

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
any 07ers wanna comment on how they thought they did and wat they got

or even better if they can make an evaluation for the comparison of the two papers

im hoping this year is different for the general maths sterotype (as it does kinda appear the board has intended it this year?..mayb?)

lol...or maybe the GM BOS population is not reflective enough of the entire state who actually found it easy and are speculating 90 raw +

hmmmm...wat a dilenma :S

Stang

HSC
you fraudin? said:
indeed wtf was with that last question, i just left that whole section blank.

prolly got away with about 35-40 max, band 1 baby.
yay to band 1 lol

hannnc

HSC
nicholas. said:
i made some STUPID mistakes looking over it.....
But...
question 28...
in simpsons rule... A was multiplied by 4 each time.... so if a increased by 2... it increased overall by 8.... so B would need to decrease by 8 to counteract and thus leave you with the same surface area or whatever...

cheers boyz
yay, i wasted alot of time checking mine but thats what i wrote!

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
silverfiction said:
apart from the multiple choice.. which was easy

the rest of the paper literally killed me and most probably killed my maths mark.

thanks board of studies, you suck.

:mad:
I know the title was metaphoric, but MC is general maths only xD

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
can someone post this monstrous 'last question'?

just curious to see if i can do it :)

(and not reading through 8 pages <3)

HSC
Roy9 said:
You guys honestly thought it was that bad? Yeah, I suppose it was harder than most past papers, but I only really struggled on the finance and probability stuff, which I knew I would.
i totally agree.
i didnt find the last question that hard---it was the financial maths ones that screwed me over!!
wtf with the bloody 27500000000 question or whatever?? i tried all four formulas (future present simple and compound) and still couldnt show that the answer equalled 2-thousand and something.
ARGH!!
sorry maths, fuck you.

thanks BOS, fuck you too.

HSC
Rhanoct said:
can someone post this monstrous 'last question'?

just curious to see if i can do it :)

(and not reading through 8 pages <3)
it had something to do with simpsons rule
you just had to substiture everything in the formula for the a's and h's.
tricky much??

Trina xxx

HSC
well that exam was HARD... :vcross:
but does anyone know wat happens if we all went bad....???
do they scale the marks or something? coz i really dont wanna fail general maths... :eek:

-ballerina-

HSC
definately! that paper was so hard!!!! i walked out and said.."i thought we did general".

i thought the trial was 10 times easier...

that was by far the hardest general hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)