So, will YOU be donating money to the richest economy in the world? (1 Viewer)

VOTE NOW

• Yes - I feel sorry for them *tear*

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • No - All Americans are evil, especially the poor, illiterate ones

Votes: 52 57.1%
  • I would - But John Howard has already made that decision for me

Votes: 33 36.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soviet

HSC
Ha! As you can see, comrades, even the weather joins with us in fighting the capitalist scum!

Soviet

HSC
The Russian Winter is in Siberia for people like you two who dare to question the greatness of the Soviet revolution.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
It doesn't matter that they are rich, they are in a time of need and so as a nation we should (and have) donate. They would help us.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
tasha1188 said:
i wouldnt and not coz i think the americans are evil especially the poor ones...well i do...but i just don't like america...adn they are rich enuf to fund themselves...they don't need other countries money...anyways...hasnt australia already donated million and millions of dollars to the tsunami appeal tingy...geeez...we're gonna go backrupt if we keep donating...and i will never donate to any american organisation unless it realli appeals to me...but atm i cant stand americans and n e ting america except their movies/tv/music...hehe...and thats my opinion so to be mean to me
america os famous and rich for its movies/tv/music, you're funding it to the spot where it is now and then you complain about their position in society. you realise the rest of the people there are actually normal people like here?

leetom said:
I wonder if Al-Qaeda feels silly, being outdone by the weather.
nice

In times like these things need to be done, sometimes they don't run smoothly but I still can't understand why people didn't have food and water for days

Last edited:

Soviet

HSC
It is sad however, comrades. When the first sign of trouble strikes, the bourgeoise are the first to flee like the cowards they are, whilst the people are left to suffer.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
What happens every russian winter?
Enemies of the Soviet Union are usually expelled, so daunting are the winds of Leninism.

HSC
... said:
i was thinking bout that
maybe osama's next big thing would be a controlled cyclone...
I've just spent a solid twenty minutes looking for some facts on what I was about to comment on in relation to this, but I've come up with nothing.

Here we have an animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles item on tape, I assumed it was a movie but it's been around a decade since I last watched it, so now I'm starting to wonder if it isn't an episode of the original 1987 cartoon series. I could go check but it's not hugely important.

Anyway, wait. I've just done some more looking and found this:
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart004.htm . Elements of episodes 3 - 6 or so sound familiar, and possibly a few more, so I'm wondering if it's some sort of compilation. This is getting a little off-topic, so I'll get back to it.

So anyway, in this mystery item, a group of kids named the Neutrinos are pursued from Dimension X (how cheesy is that, lol), by General Tragg and another dude who I don't remember too well. General Tragg is a big dude made out of stone, and has a green army helmet type thing, I don't know if he wore clothes other than that. So, they chase the Neutrinos, and they bring with them this weird little floating weather changing machine which fucks things up big time and makes the weather really shitty.

Around the same time, the turtles are underground looking for the technodrome I think, or maybe it's just one of them. Whatever, eventually they find it, and they sort out the weather changing machine too. The orb floats in the air, and for a little while it makes it snow really heavily. It does other bad shit too, but I forget what. Also, Tragg and his evil companion never catch the Neutrinos, because they have weird flying car things that run on plutonium (haha, the turtles use one of the cars for a little bit but it runs out of gas, and they can't fuel it up because it runs on plutonium).

I'm really confused as to what's on this tape. I don't remember bits and pieces of the seasons, but I definitely remember others from whatever is on this tape. I think it must be a bunch of episodes just taped from somewhere in the middle of the season with the ads taken out, and in my youthful ignorance I've somehow missed the seams where episodes join together. I think if I'm not too busy I'll continue my research tomorrow and dig out this relic.

Anyway, I guess my point is that Osama couldn't invent one because General Tragg, or perhaps his boss Krang depending on Tragg's contractual obligations, have a clear claim to prior art, and as such Osama wouldn't be able to patent it.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
iambored said:
It doesn't matter that they are rich, they are in a time of need and so as a nation we should (and have) donate. They would help us.
Until their own government helps them, there's no chance that I'll be backing them.

America has stacks of money...it's not my fault that they don't want to spend it on their black peoples.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Man, ur poll options are totally discriminatory

I agree with NO, but how can u blame that all poor illiterate ones are evil?

supercharged

HSC
N/A
America has massive piles of cash and supplies, its just that without strict law enforcement its cities will desend into armed, anarchy style violence and chaos.

Citizens will fight, loot, rape and slaughter each other just like in GTA or State of Emergency games. Hell even the US government is reluctant to send help since their rescue helicopter was shot at from the crowd below :rolleyes:

Generator

HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
America has massive piles of cash and supplies, its just that without strict law enforcement its cities will desend into armed, anarchy style violence and chaos.

Citizens will fight, loot, rape and slaughter each other just like in GTA or State of Emergency games. Hell even the US government is reluctant to send help since their rescue helicopter was shot at from the crowd below :rolleyes:
It's good to see that you are still ignoring the fact that it is the marginalised of an already poor region within a country of high inequality who remained.

HSC
Generator said:
It's good to see that you are still ignoring the fact that it is the marginalised of an already poor region within a country of high inequality who remained.
Sorry, but you are mistaken. Every single american is a corrupt filthy capitalist pig, anyone with any amount of common sense knows that's the absolute truth, and there's simply no such thing as an American who isn't guilty of fucking the entire world for personal gain!

Note: gg supercharged, you're a funny kid.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Where is the inequality if everyone in that region is poor? I bet most of people who had their houses destroyed in the December South East Asian tsunami were even poorer still, so how come anarchy and chaos didn't take over there?

There were also reports of a hostage situation in the New Orleans area in which snipers and armed gangs were preventing between 50 and 100 St. Bernard's Parrish firefighters and their families from leaving a building.

The gangs reportedly shot and killed several sheriff's deputies and were in a gunbattle with firefighters. A rescue effort was under way, FOX News confirmed.

President Bush landed in Mobile, Ala., Friday morning to tour the devastated area and reassure survivors that the federal government will help them rebuild. He later did a close flyover of New Orleans, where, he vowed, order will be restored.

"We have a responsibility to help clean up this mess," Bush said after meeting with the leaders of some Gulf Coast states in Mobile, Ala. "It's as if the entire Gulf Coast were obliterated by the worst kind of weapon you can imagine."

He also pledged that "what is not working right, we're going to make it right."
Americans.... even rescue workers are in the firing line :rolleyes:

I doubt city streets would turn into a warzone complete with sniper alleys if the same thing happened in Australia.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
Where is the inequality if everyone in that region is poor? I bet most of people who had their houses destroyed in the December South East Asian tsunami were even poorer still, so how come anarchy and chaos didn't take over there?
Surely you cannot be that dense? Did you not read what I wrote? The marginalised of an already poor region remained. Just because a region may have a higher proportion of marginalised people than another is not say that all within it are poor. 'Poorness' is also relative, and your comparison is of little value as we are talking about those who are/were marginalised relative to those who were able to leave.

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
wow this thread is fun.

YES, The United States of America is a very rich country but you would not be donating to them if you gave money to the charities that are directly are trying to aid New Orleans now.

how are you (supercharged) not realising this?

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
YES, The United States of America is a very rich country but you would not be donating to them if you gave money to the charities that are directly are trying to aid New Orleans now.
What does that have to do with anything? I never said anything about donating to the government.

I wouldn't donate simply because America has plenty of money to fix up New Orleans the traditional George W Bush way, unilaterally. :)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
supercharged said:
What does that have to do with anything? I never said anything about donating to the government.

I wouldn't donate simply because America has plenty of money to fix up New Orleans the traditional George W Bush way, unilaterally. :)
Maybe im an idiot?! But i agree with this guy. :cool:

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
as if bush will

as if george bush gonna give stacks of money to the poor and needed in New Orleans he never does care about the poorer part of society, and everyone knows that all the american economy lies in george bush's balls and he uses it on military....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)