So you think you want a motorcycle? (1 Viewer)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
if it was your plugs it wouldn't turn over, i believe
a simple, cynical solution would be to adjust idle speed to like 17k lol problem solved
or maybe you should try giving the throttle a twist
or do a search on netrider for fzr250, there'd be a million topics on it

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah i automatically thought it might be the acceleration cable, but then again the bike starts off perfectly but decides to die when i need to come to a complete stop. And it doesnt sound like its idling, it sounds like a chugga chugga noise.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
if it was your plugs it wouldn't turn over, i believe
a simple, cynical solution would be to adjust idle speed to like 17k lol problem solved
or maybe you should try giving the throttle a twist
or do a search on netrider for fzr250, there'd be a million topics on it
Netrider :: View topic - Help - 1994 FZR250 won't run
That thread suggests low compression
it also suggests a new engine lololol

Netrider :: View topic - FZR running... sort of... need help
this one says comp too

have fun buying new rings bro

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Yeah i automatically thought it might be the acceleration cable, but then again the bike starts off perfectly but decides to die when i need to come to a complete stop. And it doesnt sound like its idling, it sounds like a chugga chugga noise.
(at least one of the) cylinders aren't sealed

moral of the story: don't go used without a test ride

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Ergh, i knew i was going to spend money on the bike, but i was hoping i could fix what ever it is, i seriously dont wanna touch the carbis without a detailed explanation. Might go back to that FZR250 forum and dig a lil harder into it.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Ergh, i knew i was going to spend money on the bike, but i was hoping i could fix what ever it is, i seriously dont wanna touch the carbis without a detailed explanation. Might go back to that FZR250 forum and dig a lil harder into it.
Service manual is worth its weight in gold. You can probably download it online from fzrarchives.com.

I'm still waiting for mine from the US so I can tear apart the clutch and carbs.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I have the FZR400 manual since its the only one close enough to my engine size in english (David stfu) so it sorta helps, but im a physical learner.

tomorrow i might have another crack at the repairing.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I have the FZR400 manual since its the only one close enough to my engine size in english (David stfu) so it sorta helps, but im a physical learner.

tomorrow i might have another crack at the repairing.

Snowy what model do you have, year?
Below is the parts diagram for the 88 model, I also have a basic repair manual for the FZX250 which has an identical engine to the FZR250 but mentions little in regards to carby repair.

I am able to get access to exploded views of most yamaha models (entire bike); below is an example of the carbies for a 88 FZR250. If you require the full bike, give me a couple days to organise the DL.

Also, if required, I'm able to include English descriptions for the parts shown.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Thnx its a 89 model. I might have to wait till tomorrow since its raining now so ill save everything posted and have a look.

Failing that ill just ring up and get a quote.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
adjust the idle you stupid gook

assuming you're starting with choke then when you get going, turnign it off. when you come to a stop, your idle is too low and hence it stops. expains the chugga chuggfa noise too lol

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Idle isnt the problem, as ive said before the bike starts fine and moves off like i want it to, but when i have to come to a complete stop it refuses to move afterwards. I severely doubt its anything to do with the idle since it would be affecting it at the beginning of the ride, not afterwards.

Also i dont have to start with choke. Its starts correctly without it.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
not that you can blame me, but i am highly sceptical of any diagnosis you make m8

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
not that you can blame me, but i am highly sceptical of any diagnosis you make m8
Im not blaming you.

The bike starts fine, moves up and down gears fine, the speed is fine. Its just when i have to come to a complete stop the fucker refuses to move.

Someone on a FZR forum suggested tightening the carbi screws all the way in and one turn out. Hopefully that does something.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
so it starts fine
then it wont idle once it is warm

that is what you are saying

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Im not blaming you.

The bike starts fine, moves up and down gears fine, the speed is fine. Its just when i have to come to a complete stop the fucker refuses to move.

Someone on a FZR forum suggested tightening the carbi screws all the way in and one turn out. Hopefully that does something.
What do you mean refuses to move? Does the engine stop? If so it's your battery. or it could be the slack on the trottle cable. We have the exact same engine, charge your battery. Also, the air filter could probably do with a clean. Messing with the carbies is the last thing you want to do, not even mechanics like doing it; these are grey imports with little reference materials.

And yes, your bike needs a little choke. Pull it out half way if it starts easily.

Loller :jedi::music:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
so it starts fine
then it wont idle once it is warm

that is what you are saying
Yeah.

What do you mean refuses to move? Does the engine stop? If so it's your battery. or it could be the slack on the trottle cable. We have the exact same engine, charge your battery. Also, the air filter could probably do with a clean. Messing with the carbies is the last thing you want to do, not even mechanics like doing it; these are grey imports with little reference materials.

And yes, your bike needs a little choke. Pull it out half way if it starts easily.

Loller :jedi::music:
Ill give the half choke a try.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
adjust the idle you stupid gook

assuming you're starting with choke then when you get going, turnign it off. when you come to a stop, your idle is too low and hence it stops. expains the chugga chuggfa noise too lol
He also said it refuses to rev out in gear when warm. If it were as simple as the idle screw it wouldn't die with the throttle on.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Woot got 4KM done. Im gonna ring up the local store and see if they have any idea as to wtf is going on..

Emptied Fuel Tank.
New Clean Fuel.
Pump is Working.
Piping not blocked.
Battery might be gone: Pump noise took longer then it does on cold start.
Not going to touch Carbi's.

BTW i dont think its a gearing problem., i thought i would try and keep away from 1st, see if thats doing it. So i went Neutral, 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Came to stop on second and seemed fine enough then took off. Satisified i Throttled and stayed in 3rd, then taking a corner i got about 100m down the road and the engine seemed to lose all life and die.

BTW once i get this bike fixed, if we meet up ill buy you all a beer or what ever the hell you drink.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)