• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

So you think you want a motorcycle? (1 Viewer)

quik.

HSC
Fucking idiot mechanics flooded the engine and fouled all four spark plugs starting my engine with choke.

Good fail.
Since my major service my bike wont start without 3/4 to 100% choke

Also has really strange noise but apparently (according to them) it is regular part wear etc

But still I even cranked up the idle it still wont start in the middle of a warm day without choke, fucking retarded

When I put my bike in a year or two ago cos it wouldn't start I told them 'it's probably the reg/rectifier' they spent like a week dicking around blowing fuses till I get a call saying 'it was the reg/rectifier. Ordered, will do on x day will cost x amount'

Don't trust mechanics, personally. 80 bucks an hour for labour for the 17yo appren to do it..

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Bike model, year, yadda yadda...
1992 Yamaha FZX250 Zeal. Only place I've located one is @ the Yamaha dealer but price is near $350.00. If you come across one pm details, thx mate.

Don't trust mechanics, personally. 80 bucks an hour for labour for the 17yo appren to do it..
Yeah I wouldn't tolerate that. If my bike required maintenance I would've taking it to a friend of my fathers who works on Triumph and Nortan/BSA's only. But he doesn't mind working on my piece of shit - best thing to do is ride with as many groups as possible until you meet a mechanic, become his friend. :)

Not long ago the cam chain required replacement, and clutch plates needed replacing so he pulled apart the engine and did the work for only $200.00. Now, if you were to go to an official dealer or even a dud workshop they'd probably charge close to $800 for this type of work. I remember when I first purchased my bike (Near knew nothing about them), replaced a few parts and a few thousand kilomz later the engine was making a chingchingchingching sound. So I took it to an official Yamaha dealer and they quoted $900.00 repairs... my dad said to get an second opinion so I did and it turned out to be that the cam chain was loose, cost $45.00 to tighten it - run good after that, beautiful actually. Now though I complete my own repairs, no matter what they are, except anything to do with the carbies.

Azarnakumar

Banned
HSC
since my bike was crashed into a tree and the electric start somehow fixed itself, it starts first time everytime without choke unless it is super super cold (<8degrees) its great

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Fucking bike store, didnt fix the problem, going to buy a new battery since they "charged" the old one.

yer8899

HSC
maybe you shouldve payed a white guy to act like the owner of the bike. obviously the blokes are fucking with you because of your yellowness

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Well its getting freaking annoying, coupled with the fact my bike is STILL not working, i've had enough with the asian shit.

Still dont know where it even started.

quik.

HSC
Ahaha

Tomorrow morning is 'search internet/ebay for parts' time

_GOD_

HSC
MOTORCYCLE? pffff

Need a Bloody SS mate, then you can pick up the mrs take her for a spin to a mates joint, throw in a barbie, some beers fair dinkum

Azarnakumar

Banned
HSC
Well its getting freaking annoying, coupled with the fact my bike is STILL not working, i've had enough with the asian shit.

Still dont know where it even started.
lol get an asian to look at it lol it is japanese after all lol

quik.

HSC
Pricing for the BMW S1000R came out for those who have been following the bike at all

21,000ish with quickshift and slipper clutch as standard, 193hp stock as a rock, 1:1 hp to kg ratio with an aftermarket exhaust

Came a little tbh

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)