So you think you want a motorcycle? (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Im sure the battery is fucked, next weeks is pay week, if the charging doesnt work, im gonna buy a new one, and if that doesnt work, i dunno, have my science teacher look at it lol.

Poor guy, crashed his Daytona.

R1NA92

HSC
depends how tall and stuff you are
a girl who is average height will get away with a 250 easy enough
hahaa
i'm almost 160 and 50kg

something light, fast and wont burn my wallet (seeing as father dearest isnt willing to fork out for it)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Dunno, CBR125 would do her fine imo, never rode it, but if my GF looks comfortable on one, and shes around the same size as you, it should suit you.

Just to let you know, its a riced up postie bike, but for a women at your size it would be better then trying to get a leg over a dirt bike or something.

R1NA92

HSC
Opinions on the:
DUCATI 848
kawasaki 250 ninja

for a girl my size.

(please keep in mind that being a girl, i'm going by "how pretty" it is :)
and that if ur gna throw in some technical jargon.. please explain LOL)

thanks guys!

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Lol ok.

Ninja, ive seen one, might be a tad to big for you (size wise) but get your L's and hop on one, this way you can tell if it suits you or not.

Also have to remember some bikes are not learner legal, so dont go out and buy a Honda NSR 150 by its looks, its not allowed.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
My bike is so good when it wants to run :(

I quite literally watched my battery die today, really funny, my GF and a friend watched me about to pull into the drive way, engine died to the usual low idle shit which still isnt fixed, tried to start it up again, watched the lights, HUD and electric start slowly die, rather fun.

So battery is now on charge, might remove the Airfilter (Interesting story, fucktards forgot to put the foam filter back into its box, so i just rode without a effective filter, getting it back tomorrow cleaned for free.) and rev the shit out of it and see how the butterflies inside the carbies are going.

How do the butterflies (slides) work btw? Are they fed by the battery, or by the engine itself?
The slides are usually connected to the throttle mechanism.

Last edited:

quik.

HSC
Opinions on the:
DUCATI 848
kawasaki 250 ninja

for a girl my size.

(please keep in mind that being a girl, i'm going by "how pretty" it is :)
and that if ur gna throw in some technical jargon.. please explain LOL)

thanks guys!
You said something cheap, right?

Why is a 25,000 dollar ducati that isn't even learner legal a consideration?

The new ninja is overpriced and underpowered, but if you can afford it and want the look then go nuts

Edit: Honda NSR150 is learner legal, the 250 isn't. RS125 is also learner legal and is arguably the best looking learner legal sports bike

quik.

HSC
I don't see why not. Especially for a female of the light variety, would be wicked fun.

If she wanted to she could learn a little about the maintenance side of things cos they are relatively simple and if not they don't cost much to service sooo

Only thing stopping me getting one is my size/weight relative to the bike and the fact that my fulls are not far off... otherwise I'd have one in a heartbeat

Plus a chick that could work a 2 stroke and keep it on song would be well hot

Azarnakumar

Banned
HSC
I don't see why not.
cos even with a $300 slip on they still sound like shit. But seriously, contemplating getting one of those or an rvf to see me through my p's.

about 5 mins ago was riding down gt western hwy with some kiwi dude on an nsr150. Thing just managed to keep up with me til about 70 before i hammered him. Not bad for like a 15yo 2 stroke that cost him $1k. Looks better than a fair few learner legal choices out there though obviously not the best.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
They're far too uncomfortable for my liking. Arse in the air, head over the bars and max speed is a little more than a postie - not worth the discomfort.

They look good though.

Hybrid what bike you running?

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The slides are usually connected to the throttle mechanism.
Thanks, had a look today, tomorrow ill take it for a ride and if it does the bloody idle thing again, gonna strip it down and see if the slides are moving.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Was working when i put a deposit on it, i think the bloke who was selling it had a lil fun before selling.

Back wheel was bold, knew i had to get a new one soon, just realised why it was bold because there is brand new tread on the edges where the bike would lean on when it turns.

I can keep it going, but i have to keep revving when i come to a stop, so im going to be clutch humping until i figure the problem out.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
lol no, i havnt even left minto.

EDIT: oh hang on, i got my bike back on thursday, friend rode it home for me, maybe he flipped someone off.

Last edited:

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah clearly there was something wrong with the bike because he kept looking down at the control panel and couldn't get away easily - it took some effort.
although he was riding south, away from mino, so idk

lol mino

MINOOOOOO!!!!

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Lol then no wasnt him.

But bike is still being a cunt, the previous owner must of went to town on it before i bought it.

For some reason the bike refuses to rev up and just idles on full throttle once dropped into first gear, and once it does that its a bitch to start up. The bike store said just keep the revs up whilst stopping to stop the idling problem, im like WTF NOISE Pollution.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
some cunt forgot i was in the intersection today and nearly turned into me (forgot where my horn was as well, so i hit the engine start switch instead), and then when i went to turn left at the next intersection he went around me instead of waiting. so i chased the fucka down teh road and he got scared when he saw me following him and flew away down some side street

lol i scared the bastard

probably not wise to get into a fight with a car though. so i won't do that again. he just angered me - old bastard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)