Soccer talk eg. prem league, champ league, serie a etc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^___^
HSC
dun think germany should be there, they are only there cos they went to finals of WC...other than that, they ain't that flashy...

stinger v2.0

those rankings are a bit of a farce ... and i think we all know it

england, while i athink they should be in the top ten, are not a top 3-4 side, like some poeple would believe ... they just don't have the quality ... david james in goal! he's in division 1!
but like, james is alright, but just all round, england don't match it with the brazil's or france's

and another thing, germany should be there, if not a little higher, and italy? wtf? haha, just because they got robbed by south korea

^___^
HSC
hmm...

england should be a top 10 side..probably around 5or 6 area...they have the quality...but just that they are very inconsistent....

i dunno bout germany being there in the top 10...their team is old and slow..only positive thing about it is Ballack....

stinger v2.0

Originally posted by ...
hmm...

england should be a top 10 side..probably around 5or 6 area...they have the quality...but just that they are very inconsistent....
well, they're already 6th, so i'm not quite sure what your sayin

but my point was, that they don't have the quality to be a top 3-4 side as opposed to 6th where they are now ... like, i just couldn't see england making it to a world cup final ... not now anyway

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah they are definately top 10, but i dont see them as an intimidating team to play against. If your up against brazil and france they have them class players which are a defenders nightmare.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The "Best in England" face a tough challenge with a much depleted squad. Any takers on how well our favourite team will fair in Europe... cold, cold Europe? :D

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Juventus > Milan???

I think you are talking the wrong sport... who won the Champions League last year?

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
my friend, Juventus have Nedved, Del Piero, the Trezman and Appiah, Buffon.. thats it.. Milan have Nesta, Maldini, Rui Costa, Kak, Shevchenko, Rivaldo, Cafu, Pirlo and Dida... theres twice as much talent playing for the Rossoneri as their is for the Bianconeri...

onde est o futebol pessoas j?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The only reason why Milan won was because of one Nedved, or rather lack of, in the final.

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
my friend, Juventus have Nedved, Del Piero, the Trezman and Appiah, Buffon.. thats it.. Milan have Nesta, Maldini, Rui Costa, Kak, Shevchenko, Rivaldo, Cafu, Pirlo and Dida... theres twice as much talent playing for the Rossoneri as their is for the Bianconeri...

onde est o futebol pessoas j?
one thing u are forgetting and its the "mystery" why Juventus are doing so well...

Lippi(a great coach i tell ya) maintained a nucleus for the team...the defence is very "old" in age, but look at them, capable of handling any strikers in the world...they play as a team...
they do not need "big" names, but rather a unity...

on the other hand...i reckon Milan was a bit lucky to get to Old Trafford last term and it was nedved's absence that saw Milan on top...Milan took control of midfield that day quite nicely and Juventus could not bring the ball up from defence(thats usually Pavel's job)...

atm,. Juventus are slowly building a team after their older players retire....but they are IMO better than Milan...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Put it this way, if Nedved was playin' Juve would've wrapped up the game, and Dida wouldn't have saved the day (pun :p). Also you can only blame the shockin' Juve penalty takers. It's just too funny. :D

^___^
HSC
lol...
Pavel is a great player...one of the best in italy..better than Pirlo who does nothing but takes penalty..lol

i remember watching this game where Pirlo was on the bench and as soon as Milan won the penalty, the coach sends Pirlo on straight away to take the spot kick...lol

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
one thing u are forgetting and its the "mystery" why Juventus are doing so well...

Lippi(a great coach i tell ya) maintained a nucleus for the team...the defence is very "old" in age, but look at them, capable of handling any strikers in the world...they play as a team...
they do not need "big" names, but rather a unity...

on the other hand...i reckon Milan was a bit lucky to get to Old Trafford last term and it was nedved's absence that saw Milan on top...Milan took control of midfield that day quite nicely and Juventus could not bring the ball up from defence(thats usually Pavel's job)...

atm,. Juventus are slowly building a team after their older players retire....but they are IMO better than Milan...
Juventus's defence is capable, but they do not have the quality Milan have.. Thuram is consistent, but never amazingly impressive, while Montero is a psycho and Ferrara is rusty and slow.. playing Zambrotta on the left back position is a good decision (like he does for the Azzuri) because he is probably the only Bianconeri i admire. Although the Juventus defence is incomparable to Maldini-Nesta, capped off by wingbacks Cafu & Kaladze.. its the most inpenetrable defence in Europe.

One thing Juventus have gained is Stephen Appiah.. he is so much better than Davids.. and him and Tacchinardi are a solid defensive midfield. Camoranesi is rubbish, Del Piero i think is over the hill, Nedved is probably on the downward too because he is closing on 32 and hit his peak last season. What Juventus would benefit from is some younger creative players like Tomas Rosicky and my personal favourite, Deco. Milan have Kak.. the most exciting attacking prospect in Europe IMO, hes only 21 and already has adapted to the Serie A like it was nothing, and is on the verge of a first team place in the Seleo. I must admit we could reinforce the midfield on the left (Seedorf is a rubbish player at times) but everywhere else is very strong.

Finally.. Shevchenko/Inzaghi vs. Trezeguet/Zalayeta? I think we both know who is the better strike duo ;)

About Milan being lucky to get to the CL final? Well, i noticed many occasions that Juventus had to pull a late goal out of their ass to get thru.. most notably in Second period of extra time against Barcelona, with a few minutes remaining.. And we won the final fair and square, although we should have got the goal Sheva scored as it was not offside, but we won anyway and deserved it.. Nedved's prescence wouldn't have changed anything... as Rivaldo not being on the field didn't.. and Rivaldo is a better player than Nedved..

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
lol...
Pavel is a great player...one of the best in italy..better than Pirlo who does nothing but takes penalty..lol

i remember watching this game where Pirlo was on the bench and as soon as Milan won the penalty, the coach sends Pirlo on straight away to take the spot kick...lol
Pirlo is an excellent player.. he plays out of position in defensive midfield and so he cant exhibit his creative influence which he usually would in attacking midfield, which is the position he plays for the Azzuri in..

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
I tell you im glad i haven't encountered an Inter fan yet... those guys are f---cked !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)