Soccer talk eg. prem league, champ league, serie a etc (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^___^
HSC
hmm...thats a very "textbook" response...

lets think it this way:

AC milan don't have the best defence in europe...the only +ve thing is that they have Nesta, Maldini is way too old and his speed is questionable...their winger's are good, but Cafu is more like a right mid than right wing back...never in my time have i seen cafu defended or defended like a defender -_-"

Milan's midfield is ok...Kaka is good and i admire him when he was already at Sao Paulo...but he needs to settle...Seedorf isn't really rubbish, he is a decent player and Deco..hmm, not so sure if he can play things Italian way...just look at Rivaldo...

Nedevd is not on the down hill...at the age of 30+, he is in the form of his life...u should see his double the other day... Del Piero is not over the hill...when he plays for Italy, he seems like a 2yr old playing sand castle...but when he pulls that juventus shirt on, he is hell of a player...and i wouldn't say Davids is crap...he is a very very good player, he can defend and attack, hence why Juventus won the league, he and Nedved in the midfield created many problems...just sad to see him beinh dropped...

Shevchenko/Inzaghi is a good combination...but the Del Piero/Trezeguet combination is better...

CL final..yea, Juventus do score late goals..but who were they playing? Barcelona-->undefeated for whole tournment...Real Madrid---> best attacking team in Europe...juventus had to hold them out till the end...

as for rivaldo not playing in the final..i dun think it matters if AC had him in the first place :rolleyes:

btw, i am an Inter fan :p---> this is said b4 i read ur msg!!!!

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Well at the moment Seedorf is rubbish.. if you saw the Milan-Ajax game recently he couldn't even complete a pass.. I would say Del Piero's best days are behind him tho.. when he was in his early 20's he used to be in magazines all the time like he was some sort of hero (i guess he was) but since those injuries.. hes just different somehow..

And, naturally i would disagree with Sheva/Inzaghi being inferior to DP/Trezeguet.. Sheva is the best striker out of all of them, as DP is more inclined to set up goals and play behind Trezeguet (who, in turn is better than Inzaghi).. I think Juventus would be more formidable if they played Di Vaio-Trez with DP behind them.. now Di Vaio is a striker i really like, i hoped he would come to Milan in the Mercato but it didn't happen...

Enough of Juventus.. as a Milan fan, my tendency is to judge Inter fans before i know them :p .. just like with my other friends, they are Inter fans too (maybe this is why i go so bad at school this year, all we talk is football!).. Inter really need someone to replace Crespo.. Martins is getting there but hes not quite "it".. they also need some centre midfielders of quality.. like Dejan Stankovic.. he would be a real coup for Cuper.. Otherwise Inter are ok.. except for Materazzi... i hate that psycho! i remember last year/year before he cut Sheva's eyebrow because his "tackle" was so high! Hes a danger to both his opponents and himself.. although he can take a free-kick..

^___^
HSC
yea, Del Piero is a "behind" type striker...but its working for Juventus..and Di Vaio...hmm...he is a good player, but will play under the shadow of both David and Alessandro

As an inter fan, i reckon to replace crespo, we need a behind striker like Del peiro...and that player can be recoba...that kid is seriously an animal...u should see his long range and free kicks..it makes u wonder what happens if u ball was to smack into ur face...

as for Materazzi, ur lucky he is injuried for the derby!!

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Recoba.. sometimes brilliant, sometimes bumbling.. he's one of the most inconsistent players in the Italian league.. but when he's on his game its certainly worth it.. but i think Inter should replace him with Stankovic.. hes not a "behind striker".. but hes a technically brilliant creative (attacking) midfielder, even better than Recoba even when he is actually on top of his game..

And for Materazzi? even if he was in the derby, he would be dominated by Sheva (on top form at the moment) and kept in line by none other than Gennaro GATTUSO!!!

^___^
HSC
lol..Gattuso...what a beast...

but it will be interesting this game...if Inter actually play their wingers to their full potential...it will be very good game coz Milan's wing defence as i mention earlier isn't that good....it might give Vieri a chance to nod a head in or two...

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Yeah... thats if Vieri can get past Nesta and Maldini (who is playing extremely well for a 35 year old)..

And, of course Canna & co will have to keep on their toes to keep Kak from creating a goal or 6.. (like in 2001, Milan 6-0 Inter.. simply memorable - i always use it to deflate a Inter fans ego when it gets out of hand ;) )

^___^
HSC
yea, couldn't believe that scoreline >.<

but anyway..who finished ahead of u in the league?

did i hear inter? then ur right :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by reynaldo
Nedved's prescence wouldn't have changed anything... as Rivaldo not being on the field didn't.. and Rivaldo is a better player than Nedved..
You serious? The out-of-form Rivaldo of 2003 couldn't do anything, let alone be compared with Nedved.

^___^
HSC
Rivaldo should go back and play in Spain, where he is better suited...Italy is too technical and hence he can't use his skills to the max. (i mean technical as in tactics)

england will be too physical for a man of his style..

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
Rivaldo should go back and play in Spain, where he is better suited...Italy is too technical and hence he can't use his skills to the max. (i mean technical as in tactics)

england will be too physical for a man of his style..
Yeah, but i dont think tactical differences were his problem, maybe for the first few games, i think it was outside influences that took his mind off the game (his divorce, being away from his children, etc..) But i think things have changed for him now.. he still definently has the time to be a hit in Italy.. and if not, we can always sell him to Chelsea in January for 100 million odd :D

^___^
HSC
hmm...i dunno...Spain is a lot more open, and it might suit Rivaldo more...
as for Chelsea...(and yes flyin')..they are stupid to go around spending so much money on players they dun need to...(ie, veron...)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Veron is much needed (during the handful of games per season when he performs).

Rivaldo has experience in the Spanish League with Barca, so it'd suit him to return.

^___^
HSC
meh...i still think veron is useless to u guys..like u guys already have Lampard, Duff and Cole..as if u need Veron who has never play a decent EPL game in his whole life...

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
(still fuming after the Milan 0-0 Celta game)..

Moving to England has screwed up Veron's career... at Lazio he was one of the best players in the world (top 3) but now he is used in a rotation system with "local" boys like Lampard & Cole.. guys who probably idolised him only a few years ago..

He should move back to Italy, Milan will have him

^___^
HSC
yea...Veron can never play his natural best in england..maybe in spain and italy...

but never underestimate Lampard and Cole..they are good players...

Milan shouldn't buy Veron..like, u guys have got decent attacking midfielders already...u guys should focus on youth system...and esp in ur defence midfield department

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
ROFL! Chelski really need to gel soon, or they'd be as disappointing as Gunners in the ECL. :p (0-2)

Veron will prove his worth in the ECL if Chelski can make it through... especially if his link with Crespo works out. The problem with Chelski atm, is they aren't a team. Half the team wouldn't understand each other if their lives depended on it, atm.

Lampard, as I've said somewhere sometime, is vital in Chelski (as he was for Chelsea). He's like a central clog. :p

^___^
HSC
lol...did u read what Ranerini said..

he said he has to speak like 3 different langauages just to get a pt across to the team...lol

ricenoodles

HSC
Juventus 2-1 Olympiakos :)

Chelsea has such a star-studded team that im suprised they lost their game in the ECL. I dont think that Veron fits well into the lineup...i havent once seen him play good for the team. He belongs in Italy. I also read somewhere that Davids might be going to Chelsea.. :(

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I read the article. They just don't understand each other... unlike Arsenal. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)