Soccer talk eg. prem league, champ league, serie a etc (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Milan 3-1 Inter!!!!!!!!!!!

Inzaghi, Kak, Shevchenko

Best team in Europe, and now Italy!

in other news: Zambrotta admits diving to award Juventus the winning penalty against Bologna.. typical Juve.. always cheating

ricenoodles

HSC
where did u read that? oh well...Juventus still better =)

we're joint leaders...just wait till Juve-Milan at the San Siro in 3 weeks time.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Originally posted by ...
this is the squad that i think needed to beat turkey (note i took owen out cos of injury at this pt in time)

James

G.Neville Ferdinand Campbell A.Cole

Lampard Beckham Gerrard Heargreves

Scholes
Beattie

Beckham is in mad form playing in centre..so shift Lampard to the right..scholes plays well in that position and Beattie is currently the only player that can play as a lone forward. Heargreves is better than Dyer in terms of defensive duties...i dunno about Campbell cos he might still not in tip top mental shape..but i left him there cos he has the experience
hmm, i wouldnt have Beckham in the centre mainly because he'll spend too much time doing all the hard work..he's more effective with his occasional runs and crosses. He's also a shit tackler and has only played a handful of games in the centre-mid role for Real. Scholes should be given that roaming role behind the striker because he's by no means a defensive minded midfielder.Oh yeah, i think Joe coles pace could trouble the turks. Ashley cole has been playing shithouse lately, might be time to give bridge a go. The bench would be decent, having young guns like rooney and dyer along with the experience of butt and heskey could be decent.

James
G.Neville Ferdinand Campbell Bridge

Beckham Hargreaves Gerrard J Cole

Scholes
Beattie/Vassel

^___^
HSC
hmm, like ur idea, but dunno bout J.Cole..hasn't been playing too much, only comes off the bench..but his skill is unquestionable..

beckham, i dunno, he is playing well in the centre...playing him on the right to me seems a bit of a waste after seeing him doing so well...but if he was to play centre, he might be forced to play a defensive duties more..so yea...should play him right...bridge vs a.cole , hmm..i dunno bout bridge, hasn't got that international experience as much as cole...england will be looking at a solid back 4 that game where experience counts more than form..

as for up front...Beattie...vassel is not the type u would want to play as a lone striker..

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah, at the moment i see Owen as the only world class striker england has. Beattie hasnt lived up to expectations as an international player as yet but he's their only hope. Give rooney a year or two :|

^___^
HSC
they should call back Shearer...no jk, cos he has got the experience and ability...but his form...meh, i dunno, he only just scored last game...might call teddy! :D:D

teddy, what a legend, that guy has everyone's up most respect...

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ricenoodles
where did u read that? oh well...Juventus still better =)

we're joint leaders...just wait till Juve-Milan at the San Siro in 3 weeks time.
Yeah, joint leaders because you cheat!!! Anyway, when the 'derby d'italia' (Milan-Juventus) comes around, those fools better not dive, or Rino Gattuso will sort them out..

About the England thing.. i think Rooney will be fine on his own.. but im not sure about his temperament.. i hope he realises that he's playing against Turkey IN Turkey.. and things get out of hand pretty easily there.. And if youve seen alot of his club matches, he gets pretty hot-headed about even the smallest thing..

^___^
HSC
lol...yea, i mean, those guys do go crazy..(just look at the leeds fan getting killed a few yrs back)...

dunno rooney, he hasn't play that long recently, his fitness is an issue, so Ericksson might play him only for like 60 or only 45minutes...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
he'll come off the bench definately, such a skillful lad for his age.

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
Yeah, joint leaders because you cheat!!! Anyway, when the 'derby d'italia' (Milan-Juventus) comes around, those fools better not dive, or Rino Gattuso will sort them out..
oh u and ur milan :rolleyes:

Originally posted by copious
he'll come off the bench definately, such a skillful lad for his age.
indeed a skillful lad...i wonder if there will be any surprise call ups

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i hope they call up gareth barry, he's been going great guns for villa in the midfield.

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by copious
i hope they call up gareth barry, he's been going great guns for villa in the midfield.
hmm, they might...play him on the left..could be interesting...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
they could, but i doubt they'll throw in a rookie against a quality turkish side in front of a pretty hostile crowd. Come to think of it, the left hand side of the english midfield has troubled them for the last five years or so :| . i wouldnt be surprised if sheringham gets a call up lol

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
hahaha reunite sherringham and shearer... it'll do better than vassel and beatie i reckon lol

seriously england is really lacking in depth for strikers...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
haha that would be a killer combo right now because they are currently tied for 3rd with 6 goals a piece on the goals chart, ruud has 8 in the lead.
its really bad seriously. they aernt short of strikers, but they are short on talent which is competitive on the world stage. they basicly have phillips,fowler,sheringham,vassel,heskey,smith,defoe even. i even read somewhere they were thinking of calling up chris sutton, wtf!!!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
phillips fowler etc are has beens, actually they arent cos they never have been...
vassel defoe etc are not up to that level
smiths can be good if he wasnt retarded
heskey... *no comment*
sutton... riiiiight
<insert various other 1 timers>eg christie, etc wtf were they think when they got picked
Sheringham/Shearer/Cole etc... retired or too old to be picked, still better than the above
beatie: got potential.... either make it or end up as fowler/phillips
rooney: a bit young... but definitely the next best thing

take away owen and you end up with a rabble

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Beattie will probably get the call but he's not very technically skilled like your Henry's or your van Nistelrooy's.. hes more of your classic "striker".. like Alan Shearer. But i must admit he can take a fine free kick.

Anderton is also going well for Spurs at the moment.. they were uncharacteristically good on the w/end. Especially Kanoute, i used to think he sucked majorly, but after that goal, my opinion of him is positive.

Turkey won't win this one, but they may get a draw or a close loss. They have good players (Emre, Ilhan Mansiz, etc.) but their entire squad standard simply doesnt match England. If both teams were at their best on a neutral ground, i'd tip England for a 3-1 or 2-0, but since its in Istanbul, id only give England a one goal victory at best, most likely a draw 2-2..

^___^
HSC
meh...

call Shearer up!!!! geesh...

hmm...Ferdinand case, interesting...if he does miss the game, i suggest playing Southgate, his experience is irreplaceable...but then, terry is playing good...hmm...

^___^
HSC
well...Rio looks like he will be watching England vs Turkey on TV then..

hmm...Terry and Campbell....could be vulnerable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)