Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Forget Becks, United have ronny, let him go to the Arse and watch some one hack him off (nah -- i was dsappointed when he left but you can't hate becks)
The only player I think Man U are likely to get is Essien. The money they spent on bringing in Rooney and Ferdinand has buggered their budget and the mighty Gaffer has said he can't do much spending. Let's just hope he unloads some of the dead wood in the squad (I'M LOOKING AT YOU DARREN FLETCHER) and uses that money on at least one good player, instead of buying 3 or 4 average young guys like he has been.

I don't think anyone will getVincente because I think he's on a really long term deal and it would cost clubs a shit load to get him.

P.S let's hope we see one of the good old boys, Derby or Ipswich, promoted.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Beckhams a fantastic footballer and would make us a lot of money. If we signed him he'd work his bollocks off I'm sure and be a good player.

In saying that I think this is just a case of Wenger being sneaky and trying to drive Becks' price up for anyone else interested. Also it could be a good old fashioned smokescreen to hide a chase for another player.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
He's a shrewd one that Arsene. Anyone who does get him is lucky, because he does have such a good work ethic. I don't see why Arsenal need him, because their game doesn't lend itself to crosses (None of their strikers can head) they tend to play good quick counterattacking passes along the ground. When you think about it Arsenal's squad is fairly balanced, you just need a right back -- and a keeper.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah it waz sad to hear Beckham leavin, but I don't think Fergie will sell Fletcher, Kleberson will be mo likely to leave.
Yeah and Bellion definitely will go, he wouldn't be a bad player fo other clubz though.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Buggdogg said:
Let's just hope he unloads some of the dead wood in the squad (I'M LOOKING AT YOU DARREN FLETCHER) QUOTE]

I don't Fletcher that highly either. I think the coach favours him because he is Scottish or something

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
no way is beckham coming to arsenal ... he can fuk off somewhere else ... although i hope arsenal can atleast have a run at essien ...
why must wiltord play so good now and not at arsenal ... grrrr
and so stupid were real to sell makelele and try and replace him with beckham ... so stupid !!! beckham doesnt come close ...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I believe there's a good chance Becks will go to Arsenal. Why wouldn't you want him? He'd be an excellent partner for Vieira. Hardworking, good in the tackle, pinpoint passes, not to mention his dead ball skillz. He could be to Arsenal what Xabi is for Liverpool. Sure he's not the best in the world, but he makes money and is probably better than Gilberto. A MF of Pires-Vieira-Beckham-Ljungberg is a lot more fearsome than one with Gilberto.

Meanwhile, Pool fans have a listen to this. It's a recording of YNWA at Anfield against Chelsea last week. No commentary, just the fans. It's a little on the large side, but it's worth it.

http://www.softlab.ece.ntua.gr/~sivann/pub/Uploaded/Greatest_YNWA_EVER!.wmv

Crazy Horse

HSC
jim_green said:
Meanwhile, Pool fans have a listen to this. It's a recording of YNWA at Anfield against Chelsea last week. No commentary, just the fans. It's a little on the large side, but it's worth it.

http://www.softlab.ece.ntua.gr/~sivann/pub/Uploaded/Greatest_YNWA_EVER!.wmv
LOVED IT! As for Wenger - His always complaining:rolleyes:

Beckham and Arsenal - I mentioned this a while ago. I can see Beckham long balling with Henry chasing to finish but he will bring in a lot of baggage with the wife and fame. Henry is the golden boy at Arsenal at the moment – with Becks there it could cause a lot of tension. There will also be a great deal of expectation. If he has a bad start or game he will get slammed. Then there’s the age factor to consider – Will he still be a world-class player in 2 or 3 years?? And will the season or two of him being there playing world class football be worth the amount you will have to pay?
At the same time he will bring in a great deal of money so that could even out the amount Arsenal will be paying especially when considering how extensive his fan base in Asia is. His also the international captain, has been a champions league winner and a premiership winner. His experience could help the youngsters (Fabregas, V Persie) and he could give some versatility to a side who have no where to go when pass-n-go fails…

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Interesting to see Cudicini starting against Utd, especially in a week where he has been linked to them so heavily. As for the guard of honour deal, it is prolly good in way that our players realise what they have missed out on, quite badly at that too. Come next season, perhaps the fixtures will be set in manner where Chelsea can return the compliment. Really hope Heinze is back in time for the FA Cup final, he has really been one of the better players.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
On the Essien topic, naturally I'd really like for him to join Utd plus he'd also make a great duo with Scholes. That said, we've had some disasters in midfield of late in both recognised and unrecognised players Poborsky, Blomquist, Veron, Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Miller. C'mon Fergie weave your magic mate.

HSC
Paragon said:
That said, we've had some disasters in midfield of late in both recognised and unrecognised players Poborsky, Blomquist, Veron, Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Miller.
To be perfectly honest I think it has something to do with the Man Utd formation/mentality in the middle of the park. Both Veron and Miller were mega-stars before they moved to the Red Devils, but I think you can blame Fergie for most of that underperformance. Of course all clubs will purchase 'flops' during a season, everbody has to be blamed and not just the player. :p

In other news Benitez is now being linked with the Real hotseat though this is a major long shot. Also Dietmar Hamann could go to Bolton to replace the retiring Hierro and Henry could come back for the F.A Cup final.

Add to the mix the relegation battle in England ... no sleep will be had over the weekend! :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
When was Miller ever a 'mega-star'? The guy's only 22, and played in Scotland before going to Utd. Veron wasn't suited to the EPL, that was proved when he failed again at Chelsea last season. Djemba-Djemba is just shite, not much better than Diao. Kleberson was bought on the basis of 1 world cup, which frankly means not a lot. Still, I have to agree that Fergie is to blame.. to blame for buying such rubbish. If I recall correctly they too were linked to Alonso a couple of years back and for some reason decided against it. They were also linked to Robben, chose someone crap instead. They were linked to Duff, didn't get him. Then of course there was Ronaldinho, surely Madrid and Utd both missing out on Ronaldinho that year were the biggest transfer blunders they'd ever made. Madrid wasted their cash on Beckham while Man Utd got Ronaldo. Both good buys, but if either had gone for Ronaldinho they'd more than likely be at the top of their leagues. Of course Kenyon's also partially to blame for Utd losing Ronaldinho, there's a scumbag if there ever was one in football.

slip

HSC
oh god we have reached silly season!!!!

and a week early to, there is still a little matter of the relegation battle

go norwich

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
veron was basically injured most of last season, but i agree he isnt suited to epl where he isnt given as much spac. however he is consistently good for united in the champions league. while he isnt worth 26mil or whatever united paid, i think he's been over abused by fans.

cassano was another who slipped through the united's net a few years back

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Cassano has worse attitude problems than Rooney and Diouf put together. I'm not sure if Fergie's old heart would've survived him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)