Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
We'll have 10 days between our last league match and the final.. should be plenty of prep time. If we drop any points tonight I imagine we'll play a B team for the final match anyway. I doubt Rafa will want to risk anyone for the final.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Milan had their chancez, but didn't take em. And thoze 2 penaltiez were 50-50 callz, can't do much about it. Milan must be sufferin from fatigue, poor thing.

Liverpool turnz into trash after a Champz League match all the time, 2-0 down at HT, one Carragher slip let to a Reyes goal, nice work buddy.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Liverpool have been outclassed in the first half. Interesting to see how the "tactical genius" Rafa responds at half time.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Congratz to Everton, they're now in the Championz League next season (at least the qualifierz).

HSC
You people should be discussing the Beach Football World Cup instead! Eric Cantona is in the French squad. :p

My footballing week has been great. Vieri/Martins are making a good striking duo, Yeovil got promoted to League 1 in England, Juve beat Milan (lesser of the two evils) and Sydney FC owned Queensland.

This weekend will be great in both England and Italy - Fiorentina are fighting back to stay alive, Roma are slipping further and further into oblivion. If Southhampton dropped down there will be many Portsmouth fans celebrating until the new season begins.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Beach football for Eric Cantona ey? I guess that bodes well for the spectators- he's not wearing studs.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Milan could have had a penalty or two but ref Collina was having an off day. Inzaghi should've finished off Sheva's cross (just like Lauren should've against L'pool) but Zambrotta was there to rescue Juve yet again .. real shame he is such a chronic shirt-tugger. Still don't get why Tony Palumbo predicted 5-0 to AC. :confused: Anyway, like one of you guys said, suits L'pool like a charm.

Hyppia was rather horrendous against the Gunners, Dudek was unconvincing as always, Kewell was consistently outmuscled, Risse surprising had an off day, Cisse still hasn't grasped the fact that football is a team sport. Rafa's got 17 days to fix things up.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Dudek played well last night, that save against Lauren waz exceptional.
On the otherhand Lehmann waz rather unconvincin.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
First Crystal Palace, then Norwich, then West Bromwich. Are we going to sacrifice ourselves and help Southampton from relegation too?

Figo was left on the bench again - a smart move that should've been made a while ago. Hopefully, Man Utd don't grant him his wish and take him to Old Trafford. Firstly coz I'm not a Figo fan and consider him to be one of the most overrated players. Plus, we should be looking to replace the ageing Giggs with someone who'll be around for a while .. van der Vaart; Vicente; SWPhillips; Danielle de Rossi, Basten Schweinstager (spl?)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Rafa: "We also have the best midfield in the world with Gerrard and Xabi Alonso."

Bahahaha. Maybe on your Playstation mate.

oh and for the goals from the Arsenal - Liverpool game go here

Crazy Horse

HSC
Im not to upset about the loss - Win CL this season and UEFA next...All good:D.

HeCtic said:
Rafa: "We also have the best midfield in the world with Gerrard and Xabi Alonso."

Bahahaha. Maybe on your Playstation mate.

oh and for the goals from the Arsenal - Liverpool game go here
Thanks - nice shots. Oh and I think Gerrard and Alonso are the best midfield pairing in England.

Last edited:

slip

HSC
lampard 18 goals and how many assists? and makalele is a fucking engine room. he leaves real so do the trophies, he comes to chelsea so do the trophies. plus there games suit each other, the defensive ball players and the attacking genius.

lampard and makalele have out performed any other pair in the premier league all year.

and dont say but liverpool beat chelsea as for the year chelsea beat liverpool 3 times, drew once and lost once, and chelsea have been a far more consistent team.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Gerrard and Alonso have the potential to be the best CM pairing in the world for sure. However they haven't been together for long and Gerrard still has a lot of problems he needs to sort out. They'll be the top pairing for the future for sure provided Gerrard stays.

Also, I would hesitate to call Chelsea's CM pairing the best. How long does Lampard actually spend in the centre of midfield? The guy's practically a striker.

Last edited:

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
I gotta agree there, Lampard and Makelele are the best central midfield pairing in the EPL, much better than Gerrard and Alonso. Like 'slip' said the combo. really suits their game of a defensive and an attacking player but then aren't all pairings like that.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
I think Rafa means that the duo will be the best pairing in the future .. like next season maybe. Lamps and M'lele have already fulfilled their potential .. Gerrard is getting there while it is Xabi who needs to adapt to the EPL and L'pool system.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Thanks - nice shots. Oh and I think Gerrard and Alonso are the best midfield pairing in England.

They didn't look too flash in the first half yesterday though? With Gilberto back in the team Vieira is back to being his dominant self. Those two give Chelsea's midfield a run for their money anyday. We'll be back next season.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
HeCtic said:
They didn't look too flash in the first half yesterday though? With Gilberto back in the team Vieira is back to being his dominant self. Those two give Chelsea's midfield a run for their money anyday. We'll be back next season.
no way .. Gilberto isn't remotely good, and that's being kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)