Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
Matt#1 - England do have Terry, Rio and SWP but I still believe Carra should get a place in the squad.
SWP can keep Carra out of the England squad...?
Well Campbell can't even get a permanent place in the Arsenal side right now, I wonder what Eriksson iz thinkin about that situation.
Well I reckon he'll prefer a Ferdinand + Terry centre half combination right now. But on current form, Carragher will still be ahead of Campbell in the England peckin order.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Well Campbell can't even get a permanent place in the Arsenal side right now, I wonder what Eriksson iz thinkin about that situation.
Well I reckon he'll prefer a Ferdinand + Terry centre half combination right now. But on current form, Carragher will still be ahead of Campbell in the England peckin order.
I think Eriksson will go with Terry and Ferdinand as well. If that is the case, I think that Carragher should definitely be next choice ahead of Campbell on current form.

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Sorry I was talking to my brother about SWP when I was typing and I didnt re-read it.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Liverpool are in the race for Joaquin apparently. Interesting. Can you imagine a MF quartet of:

Vincente---Gerrard----Alonso----Joaquin?

We'd have 3/4 of the future Spainish midfield! Joaquin's probably unlikely though, seeing as he's so intent on going to Madrid. Still, it'd be an awesome midfield, best in the world for sure.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
jim_green said:
Liverpool are in the race for Joaquin apparently. Interesting. Can you imagine a MF quartet of:

Vincente---Gerrard----Alonso----Joaquin?

We'd have 3/4 of the future Spainish midfield! Joaquin's probably unlikely though, seeing as he's so intent on going to Madrid. Still, it'd be an awesome midfield, best in the world for sure.
That would be a great midfield...especially considering that they already have other quality midfield players like Luis Garcia and Kewell.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
where the hell would liverpool get the money to buy both joaquin and vincente especially when you keep gerrard? vincente owns kewell... so i guess u can always sell him...

HSC
SYDNEY F.C BEAT QLD ROAR IN THEIR FIRST "OFFICIAL" MATCH!

Linakge

Anybody go to the game at Gosford? I can't wait to see highlights on SBS (hopefully tonight), am I the only one that find out that Kevin Muscat will leave Millwall and come and play for Melbourne Victory? Melbourne and Newcastle have great sides, I reckon it will be a 3-way tango for the title! :p

T

timbk2

i think of all the A-League clubs, Central Coast and NZ look like they will struggle.

queensland isnt looking good either.. smashed 3-0 by Sydney. Although they have 2 korean internationals, the rest of their squad seems pretty anonymous.

Cant wait for opener.... Sydney vs. Melbourne.. . Yorke on Muscat..

Crazy Horse

HSC
I didnt know Muscat was playing for Victory...

LMF^^ said:
I have a sneaky feelin that Kewell will start in the CL final.
I am really undecided about whether I would like that to happen or not.

On the Arsenal v Liverpool game - Henry and Ljungberg have been ruled out of the next two matches and wont be playing.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Muscat waz announced az Mel Victoryz captain thiz week.
Well I hope Liverpool can beat Arsenal, so that Man U will have a chance of gettin 2nd.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Well.. apparently making the final of the CL gave us an extra 30 million pounds. If we qualify for next year's then that's another 5, + our usual 20 mil or so, + offloading a fair few players like Kirkland, Baros etc.

Vincente- 20mil
Joaquin- 20 mil
Reina- 8 mil
Johnson- 5 mil
Evra- 5 mil
Ibanez- 5 mil.

Dream squad for next year

--------------------------------Cisse/Morientes/Johnson------------------------------------
---------------------------Garcia/Kewell/Pongolle--------------------------------
Vincente/Kewell----Gerrard/Alonso---Hamann/Biscan------Joaquin/Nunez
Riise/Evra/Traore-----Carragher/Ibanez-------Hyypia/Ibanez----------Finnan/Josemi
---------------------------------Reina/Carson---------------------------------------

Surely a Premiership challenging squad.. my only worry would be if Finnan got injured and we got stuck with Josemi on the right. Then we'd be screwed.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
The Sydney one's a bit Man City for my liking. Probably would still buy a Yorke one. Or one with some other marquee player.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah.. almost exactly like Man City. At least it's not Man Utd ey Hectic? ;)

T

timbk2

probably is the same Blue as ManCity... since reebok make their jersey too

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Haha cheapass reebok recycling jerseys....

jim_green said:
Well.. apparently making the final of the CL gave us an extra 30 million pounds. If we qualify for next year's then that's another 5, + our usual 20 mil or so, + offloading a fair few players like Kirkland, Baros etc.

Vincente- 20mil
Joaquin- 20 mil
Reina- 8 mil
Johnson- 5 mil
Evra- 5 mil
Ibanez- 5 mil.

Dream squad for next year

--------------------------------Cisse/Morientes/Johnson------------------------------------
---------------------------Garcia/Kewell/Pongolle--------------------------------
Vincente/Kewell----Gerrard/Alonso---Hamann/Biscan------Joaquin/Nunez
Riise/Evra/Traore-----Carragher/Ibanez-------Hyypia/Ibanez----------Finnan/Josemi
---------------------------------Reina/Carson---------------------------------------

Surely a Premiership challenging squad.. my only worry would be if Finnan got injured and we got stuck with Josemi on the right. Then we'd be screwed.
thats an awsome squad, but i still say dream on :D

HSC
timbk2 said:
i think of all the A-League clubs, Central Coast and NZ look like they will struggle.
Central Coast just beat Newcastle in a penalty shoot-out, major upset.

So much Prem League news, I can't wait for The World Game on SBS this afternoon! Norwich are out of the bottom 3, Ventola scored his first goal for Palace, Everton upstaged Newcastle 2-0 and somehow West Brom drew with Man Utd 1-1 with their 3rd choice keeper who was only playing his 2nd Premiership game!

BTW, all these fantasy Liverpool squads are all well and good but look at Inter - we have such a large and deep squad and everyone is walking out next season. Surely Liverpool can't manage to get every Spanish national in their team ... right? :p

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
timbk2 said:
thoughts on A-League jerseys? i expected better from reebok.. i dont think i'd go out of my way to buy one of these.
Well u just hav to look at Reebok's kits in the EPL. Apart from Liverpool's home strip, which is half decent, their other designs r pretty terrible...

I still lyk the more simple, classic designs. Adidas, Kappa and Nike tend to make nicer kits imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)