Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hold on, who goes through between Soton and Norwich if they both finish on the same no. of points?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
jim_green said:
Hold on, who goes through between Soton and Norwich if they both finish on the same no. of points?

If it stays the same the Saints survive. Norwich have the worst goal differential of the 4.

Fulham 2 up now, and McBride just hit the bar from 2 yards out.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
So the fact that Norwich have beaten Soton home and away doesn't count for anything int he PL?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Amazin, Brom created history. Damn I'm converted, I'll become a Baggie fan now.
At least they have an old Man U player az manager. :p

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lol norwich went down 6-0 to fulham, wheres the fight for survival effort, mustve thought they qualified for europe a la everton

slip

HSC
damn norwich went down. i bet man utd are on bryan robsons christmas list this year, after the result against them and then beating the saints.

i really dont like wba, i find the club drab and boring and they football not much better, but credit to them.

oh and is anybody else annoyed when every newspaper runs the same relegation story in the exact same words. I'm fairly sure www.4thegame.com www.theworldgame.com.au the sydney mornign herald the australian and the newcastle herald all ran the same article (starts off the same and then they all tagged somethign different on the end, one tagged on somethign about man utd, and so on)

and its not a one off thing, it happens regularly that they run the same story in the same words (more the newspapers then the websites, the websites usually write it first and then its copied)

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
*sigh* Days go by and it just keeps getting worse, and all those articles you fellas have been putting up just reinforces the unrevelling nightmare. It is as much a football nightmare, as it is a Man Utd nightmare - like it or not. Anyway, guess I'll be the resident doomsday-merchant then.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Amazin, Brom created history. Damn I'm converted, I'll become a Baggie fan now.
At least they have an old Man U player az manager.
Graeme Souness is one of the great Liverpool players, but I'll be damned if I support any team he's in charge of :p

I doubt WBA will survive a 2nd consecutive season at the top though. I predict they'll be the first team to go down. Meanwhile I hope West Ham gets back up, they're too good to be playing in the championship.j

nufc-26

HSC
jim_green said:
Graeme Souness is one of the great Liverpool players, but I'll be damned if I support any team he's in charge of :p
he used to be in charge of liverpool, lucky 4 u he's left... :(

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Got to feel sorry for Palace, 8 mins from safety! & Man City, Fowler missed the penalty which would hav sent them into Europe, typical City!

As for Souness, it was his managerial reign which started Liverpool's fall from the top...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Of courz Brom have Man U to thank fo stayin up thiz season, when I waz watchin Man U v WBA on Chinese TV one of the commentatorz even said somethin about a conspiracy. Hahahaha come on now you conspiracy theoristz, time to get to work.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
nufc-26 said:
he used to be in charge of liverpool, lucky 4 u he's left...
I know, and unlucky for you (I'm assuming you're a Magpies fan). :p God help you if you don't get rid of him in the summer.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
jim_green said:
I know, and unlucky for you (I'm assuming you're a Magpies fan). :p God help you if you don't get rid of him in the summer.
Unfortunately for the Magpies, I don't reckon Souness will be leaving during the summer as they begin their "rebuilding programme" (possibly with the unlikely acquisition of Owen), and the manager being seen as a vital part of the whole setup. Though if the Toons don't show him the door quickly, they'll pretty much be shooting their own foot.

slip

HSC
west ham better have changed management cause whoever allowed johnson, cole, defoe, carrick, lampard and a few others to go should be shot. I mean people other then the manager should have stopped it. I beleive they also let go of a few other awesome players, they cashed because of finicial problems and then got relegate (which ment a huge drop in funds) they could have been better served by holding onto those players and aiming to pay of debts by qualifying for europe rather then stripping assests.

oh and west ham arent up yet for sure. i hope that ipswich get up. the championship teams i would like to see in premier league are leeds, millwall, west ham, ipswich.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
HSC
slip said:
west ham better have changed management cause whoever allowed johnson, cole, defoe, carrick, lampard and a few others to go should be shot. I mean people other then the manager should have stopped it. I beleive they also let go of a few other awesome players, they cashed because of finicial problems and then got relegate (which ment a huge drop in funds) they could have been better served by holding onto those players and aiming to pay of debts by qualifying for europe rather then stripping assests.

oh and west ham arent up yet for sure. i hope that ipswich get up. the championship teams i would like to see in premier league are leeds, millwall, west ham, ipswich.
Not to mention Rio Ferdinand. On the flipside, they offloaded "calamity James" and held on to Di Canio for as long as they did.

^___^
HSC
its not the manager's fault they need to offload their star player's so that the club does not go into financial turmoil

slip

HSC
im not blaming the manager. what i'm sayign is that they developed through their youth system the very solid basis of a team that could concieveably play champs league football, or at least uefa.

ferdinand johnson james thats a solid start to defence

lampard carrick cole is a very good midfield

defoe is a good striker

thats more then half a team, and the point is the if west ham had not sold them all off they could be playing in europe, and with the money they would have recieved for playign in europe they wouldnt have been in finiacial trouble.

nufc-26

HSC
Paragon said:
Unfortunately for the Magpies, I don't reckon Souness will be leaving during the summer as they begin their "rebuilding programme" (possibly with the unlikely acquisition of Owen), and the manager being seen as a vital part of the whole setup. Though if the Toons don't show him the door quickly, they'll pretty much be shooting their own foot.
we're not gonna sack souness and we have no chance of getting owen.
hopefully this season was just a one off.... :worried:

i think ferdinands got a younger brother playing 4 west ham at the moment.. anton is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)