timbk2

im in HK atm...

the ppl here are ManUtd crazy.

heaps of ppl wearing AC Milan jersey's too... >=\
I thought HK was liverpool crazy.

Crazy Horse

HSC
slip said:
another point HBK_9 what do you love more your ethnicity or your soccer. if your a true soccer supporter and love the game you would put aside your pride in your ethnicity and support soccer, support the new league, go to matchs.

I have a question for ethnic people, not trying to be racist here, so please forgive me if it sounds that. But if you have come to australia to live permenantly why is it that some people will not fully embrace australian society when you are now permenantly going to live here.

in australia support your locality like you would have done in europe, use the international game to support your ethnicity. croats have a team to support, italians have a team to support etc give newcastle, sydney etc a team to support as well.
I agree completely. My family came to Australia when I was a small child and my parents constantly remind me that this country gave us so much and now its our turn to give something back. Although I will never forget where I came from and my background – I think its time to embrace the present and the country we are now apart of. Even though I am an Australian citizen I don’t consider myself an “Aussie” but I do support Australia when it comes to sports and I do abide by its laws etc.

Football is a great sport - I want the sport to become loved in Australia like it is in other parts of the world but its not going to happen if people who love it don’t get behind it. Supporting the A-league by attending matches and buying merchandise (and so on) will help to promote the game so when others who don’t know anything about football see that crowds are good – they will come and watch as well.

As for tonight’s game – I don’t really care who wins so long as it’s an entertaining match. Good luck to both teams though..

HBK_9

ThE sHoWsToPPa
HSC
HeCtic said:
10,000 for an unadvertised match and unadvertised tournament is a good attendance. The star players of the clubs aren't there yet either. Great gates were achieved in that tournament.
well done dickhead
unadvertised???????
have u heard of something of "SBS"
have u heard of something called the NEWSPAPER

there was advertisements for all games in the tournanment

oh ye so just because dwight yorke wasnt there means ALL THE STAR PLAYERS OF THE CLUBS WERENT THERE

What about Ned Zelic for the Newcastle Jets?????

10,000 is a great crowd

ye mate only in australia do people see 10,000 as a good crowd "rolls eyes"

HeCtic said:
You said that Aussies killed football in this country. Now prove it. No-ones gonna accept that type of statement just because some Anglophobe like you says so.
They kill football for the 50th time because they have more interest in sports such as AFL,Union and League than Football

Aussies prefer AFL,Union and League over Football
It is a proven fact

HeCtic said:
Why are junior participation rates so high in football then? Why do Foxsports pay so much Money for Premiership football rights, and why does the Premiership rate so highly on Fox Sports despite obscure timings of matches and geographic isolation? Because the Premiership is a well marketed, well-organised, well packaged PRODUCT, sorry to use the term, but it is a brilliant product, which highlights that there is enough of a following of football in this country if the market is exploited well enough.
true but the Premier League is marketed WORLDWIDE
and compare the ratings of the highlight show to a normal nrl game
Fox sports pays alot money for the right to show the EPL only because they don't want SBS broadcasting them

HeCtic said:
The old NSL was the complete antithesis of what the A-League is trying to emulate. It was a poorly packaged, poorly promoted, poorly produced product, where all the teams in the League were "exclusive" not inclusive to all people. It was such a poor prodcut that no-one wanted to touch it with a barge pole. The A-League is different and is looking to place itself differently in the sporting market compared to the NSL.
yes the A-league has 2 be the opposite of the nsl but that will take time

but if u look at the player lists 4 each team exclude a few and it is basicly players that last played in the nsl or have played in the nsl

HeCtic said:
As for AFL, League and Union being stupid sports. That's all a matter of opinion. Get off your high horse.
They are
You can't compare the skill of level of those sports to football

HeCtic said:
Prove to me that the vast majority of Aussies don't give a shit about football. What research did you do, or where did you get this information? Saying I can't deny something doesn't win you any arguments. Once again you're just giving your opinion and dismissing anyone else who want to disagree with you.
Ok simple
When the A-League starts and u see the average crowd that will tell they dont give a shit

and also take a look in a newspaper
Why is there always 2-3 pages each on afl, league and union and football has not even half of one page??????

HeCtic said:
Why should they have to go to Newcastle when they deserve their own team? Two different regions who've shown they deserve a participant in the League and they've both got teams now
who said the central coast deserved there own team?????

HeCtic said:
Why don't you backup you're claims earlier that "Aussies pigs" wanted to kill the game.
They still do just look at Todays Sydney Morning Herald and flick to The Fitz Files and there u will see football bashing on countless times

HeCtic said:
As for what Lowy and O'Neill have achieved thus far:

-Proper reform and structure being placed in Australian football with a system which accomodates all levels of play.
-New internationally renowned major sponsor for the League.
-Long-term guaranteed television contract and exposure.
-Inclusion into the Asian confederation, meaning Australian teams can potentially see their matches exposed to millions of homes in Asia. The marketing potential here is enormous.
is that all u can list
5 points
ahahahahah

and about television exposure
what time do u think seven will show the games??????
defiantely not prime time it will be at 12am for sure

HeCtic said:
Do you have any idea of how running a business works? In marketing and promoting a new product, cultural, economic and social factors are extremely important. The cultural,social and econmic climates Italy and Argentina are very different to Australia so you can't use the same approach.
Is football a business is it??????????
yes the cultural,social and econmic climates are different
in italy they love soccer
in argentina they love soccer
in australia they hate soccer and soccer isnt the #1 sport unlike in italy and argentina and across the whole world

HeCtic said:
How is what League does releveant to what football does?
because look how league handled it compared to football

HeCtic said:
Can you tell me where I was factually incorrect in that quote? Thanks for the history lesson again. How is it relevant to now?
"Your ethnic based teams and their League could hardly be called succesful"=WRONG

it is relevant because it proves that aussies have no idea about football and are rascist because they didnt let the ethnic teams into there comp

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
zoltan gera for $20 million ... haha what a joke ... no hungarian is worth that much ...

HBK_9

ThE sHoWsToPPa
HSC
... said:
mate, they almost got 2 clubs banned from competiting in their respective competition, i doubt thats progressing the game

ye they threatened to ban the club all because a bus window was broken

and is the NSW PREMIER LEAGUE AN ETHINIC LEAGUE

u got no fuckin idea

... said:
um, pushing football towards Asia?
by creating A-league, where the model was based on the likes o China's, Japan's and Korea where the league is sponsored by a wealthy company(in australia's case, a car company)
by kicking the mole out of the association, if you watched recently a video on Wigan's australian's goalkeeper, you will know what i mean, but chances are you are in your fulli sik car with doof doof music hanging outside some drive thru maccas
by accquiring the services the the great johnny warren and craig forster to help build player-football australia relation
by putting more funding to the national squad for so that they have the max. chance of qualifying the world club

johnny is dead mate
ye maybe he has made some divine intervention aye

... said:
ok, explain in detail how the model of both argentina and italy's work
i don't mean how they play the game, but how the federation base their belief's in response to the establishment of the league, and please provide evidence
because there aint riots in argentina and italy about ethnicity
there federation doesnt ban ethnic colours
there federation has no problem with ethnic teams
the federation doesnt ban ethinc names

AUSTRALIA is the only country to legislate the removal of ethnic names and traditions of clubs!!!!!!!

WHATS NEXT, BAN RANGERS AND CELTIC DUE TO RELIGIOUS BELIEFS?????

WHY CANT PPL UNDERSTAND THAT CLUBS ALL AROUND THE WORLD HAVE ETHNIC BACKGROUNDS AND YET STILL DO WELL?

THEY INCLUDE ALL LEAGUES , NOT JUST THE EX NSL

... said:
have you heard of the book written by Johnny Warren?
it talks about how he was called a Wog back in his playing days cos all the ethnic people were playing the so called "soccer"
ye i have cunt and if u have read it u will find alot more about australian soccer

exactly he was called a wog because football then and still today is regarded as "wog-ball" a sissy sport etc and even though he was aussie he played football and because he played football the aussies classified him as a wog

yes all the ethinics were playing football and the aussies werent

get it???

HBK_9

ThE sHoWsToPPa
HSC
slip said:
another point HBK_9 what do you love more your ethnicity or your soccer. if your a true soccer supporter and love the game you would put aside your pride in your ethnicity and support soccer, support the new league, go to matchs, support sydney fc, newcastle or the central coast.

I have a question for ethnic people, not trying to be racist here, so please forgive me if it sounds that. But if you have come to australia to live permenantly why is it that some people will not fully embrace australian society when you are now permenantly going to live here.
Soccer is a passionate sport thats how it has always been. Its about fans cheering and chanting for the teams. There is no way in this world that I will ever support a league that denies multiculturism and bans ethnic clubs.

And I'm not going to be in Australia for long anyway :D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HBK_9 said:
It is a proven fact
The reason why Aussiez "prefer" thoze sportz iz becauz they already have an established market. Right now the FFA iz tryin to set the foundation and explorin Australiaz potential market fo football, and by the time Australia joinz the AFC, football will become the most "prefered" sport here.

HBK_9 said:
is that all u can list
5 points
ahahahahah
I don't see you listin any pointz on why the FFA hazn't done any good fo football in thiz country.

HBK_9 said:
in australia they hate soccer and soccer isnt the #1 sport unlike in italy and argentina and across the whole world
You're truly a dumb kunt. If football wazn't a business and only a sport why would there be professional playerz...? Certain Italian clubz are listed on the Milan Stock Exchange, izn't that business...? So whatz yo point that they love soccer, that we here don't...? If we hate it then we wouldn't even be havin such a pathetic discussion wit a dumb kunt like you.

^___^
HSC
ahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah

ok, give me some ethnic clubs from both itay and argentina

of course someclubs started off as ethnic base, but the whole league wasn't successful because of the ethnic clubs

johnny warren is dead, show some respect????

AUSTRALIA is the only country to legislate the removal of ethnic names and traditions of clubs!!!!!!!

ok, what legistation is that?? care to link it for me?

ye they threatened to ban the club all because a bus window was broken

and is the NSW PREMIER LEAGUE AN ETHINIC LEAGUE

u got no fuckin idea
it wasn't just a fucken bus window that was broken you idiot, didn't you see people running around the pitch and having fights???the police had to get involve and it was close to being a crime

ye i have cunt and if u have read it u will find alot more about australian soccer

exactly he was called a wog because football then and still today is regarded as "wog-ball" a sissy sport etc and even though he was aussie he played football and because he played football the aussies classified him as a wog

yes all the ethinics were playing football and the aussies werent

get it???
i made a point about you saying aussies didn't allow wogs to play, and now you just contradict yourself, thanks einstein

it is relevant because it proves that aussies have no idea about football and are rascist because they didnt let the ethnic teams into there comp
it sounds like you are the racist one, thank god you are not running the association

[/i]
10,000 is a great crowd

[/i]
you really need to take some sort of unit or subject where it teaches you about geography and social structure
ever heard of population density?
ever heard of marketing?

in perth, their match against sydney FC was not advertised at all..

besides, as you said, why do they need a team in central coast when they can go to newcastle to watch/play..yeah tell that to Gallop when he is deciding whether to accept Central Coast as a team...they have the backers, they have the support, and they have the players...it shows that central coast is a location for sport, not just for fishing

i wouldn't say League is handling situations really well, i mean when Sailor, Rogers left to Union, they didn't do much to stop Lote as well, having said that, O'Neill is a smart marketing man

HBK_9

ThE sHoWsToPPa
HSC
[/QUOTE]The reason why Aussiez "prefer" thoze sportz iz becauz they already have an established market. Right now the FFA iz tryin to set the foundation and explorin Australiaz potential market fo football, and by the time Australia joinz the AFC, football will become the most "prefered" sport here.[/QUOTE]

so in 2 years FOOTBALL WILL BE THE NUMBER 1 SPORT IN AUSTRALIA

i wish

[/QUOTE]I don't see you listin any pointz on why the FFA hazn't done any good fo football in thiz country.[/QUOTE]

its not what they havent done it how little they HAVE DONE

[/QUOTE]You're truly a dumb kunt. If football wazn't a business and only a sport why would there be professional playerz...? Certain Italian clubz are listed on the Milan Stock Exchange, izn't that business...? So whatz yo point that they love soccer, that we here don't...? If we hate it then we wouldn't even be havin such a pathetic discussion wit a dumb kunt like you.[/QUOTE]

thats is my point
Worldwide, Football is the most popular sport
But in Australia it is what
Number 4 sport

Oh ok so 4 people having a discussion is a large amount and proves that people in australia love soccer COMPARED TO BILLIONS ALL OVER THE WORLD

and u say im a dumb cunt

ahahahahahahahha fuckin spastic

HBK_9

ThE sHoWsToPPa
HSC
... said:
ahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah

ok, give me some ethnic clubs from both itay and argentina

of course someclubs started off as ethnic base, but the whole league wasn't successful because of the ethnic clubs
im not sayin the league was successful because of the ethnic clubs, but that they accepted the ethnic clubs without an objection

... said:
ok, what legistation is that?? care to link it for me?
u think im going 2 research it when i already know its true

go look it up if u think im wrong and then u will see
it wasn't just a fucken bus window that was broken you idiot, didn't you see people running around the pitch and having fights???the police had to get involve and it was close to being a crime

exactly close to being a crime
but was it?
no
a bus window was the worst thing they did and they call to ban the cluv

... said:
i made a point about you saying aussies didn't allow wogs to play, and now you just contradict yourself, thanks einstein
omg
the aussies let the wogs play, who are they to say they cant
the aussies didnt let the wogs in there league spastic

... said:
besides, as you said, why do they need a team in central coast when they can go to newcastle to watch/play..yeah tell that to Gallop when he is deciding whether to accept Central Coast as a team...they have the backers, they have the support, and they have the players...it shows that central coast is a location for sport, not just for fishing
exactly but the central coast would embrace a NATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE TEAM RATHER THAN A NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM

do a survey on the central coast and ask them:
What sport do you prefer?
Football or Rugby League

And the majority will say and yep u guessed it, RUGBY LEAGUE

^___^
HSC
hahaha

i love this guy, such a mong, ok here i come again

u think im going 2 research it when i already know its true

go look it up if u think im wrong and then u will see

in australia, it is a criminal offence to discriminate anyone base on their religious beliefs, sex, disability and ethnic background
you said the australian football association banned ethnic clubs, ok, get the evidence and take it to high court, I'm sure if they can prove it, the pay out will be damn high

exactly close to being a crime
but was it?
no
a bus window was the worst thing they did and they call to ban the cluv

yeah, lets take an example:

in high school yard, theres a physical fight, someone got punched in the face, and he has a broken nose
the school suspend the kid and might considers ringing the police

if this took place outside the school and on a public road, there won't be any considerations at all, they will call the cops immediately...

both are crimes, but one was not charged, duh!

the moral of the story is that when an event needs the police or government to be involve, that event is gotta be damn big, or it will turn fucken ugly..i think its something you learn when you go to the real world..

exactly but the central coast would embrace a NATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE TEAM RATHER THAN A NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM

do a survey on the central coast and ask them:
What sport do you prefer?
Football or Rugby League

And the majority will say and yep u guessed it, RUGBY LEAGUE

yeah but look at them in soccer, they are killing it..they play the most attractive football in the competition, and thats not done via running around the pitch with a heavy fitness-base schedule...

im not sayin the league was successful because of the ethnic clubs, but that they accepted the ethnic clubs without an objection
fine, what do you want?

Eastwood Chinese Soccer Club playing in the A-league?
or
Lebanese Parramatta Association???

HBK_9

ThE sHoWsToPPa
HSC
... said:
in australia, it is a criminal offence to discriminate anyone base on their religious beliefs, sex, disability and ethnic background
you said the australian football association banned ethnic clubs, ok, get the evidence and take it to high court, I'm sure if they can prove it, the pay out will be damn high
ye and you know what the high courts verdict is going 2 be

in favour of the aussies

... said:
in high school yard, theres a physical fight, someone got punched in the face, and he has a broken nose
the school suspend the kid and might considers ringing the police

if this took place outside the school and on a public road, there won't be any considerations at all, they will call the cops immediately...

both are crimes, but one was not charged, duh!

the moral of the story is that when an event needs the police or government to be involve, that event is gotta be damn big, or it will turn fucken ugly..i think its something you learn when you go to the real world..
whats ur point
the police turned up there
and did they do anything????
no way
they just stood there like ducks and used no aggressive manourves to tame the violence (unless u consider chasing them is one)

... said:
yeah but look at them in soccer, they are killing it..they play the most attractive football in the competition, and thats not done via running around the pitch with a heavy fitness-base schedule...
ye there killing it so much that they got beat and didnt advance to the next stage

... said:
fine, what do you want?

Eastwood Chinese Soccer Club playing in the A-league?
or
Lebanese Parramatta Association???
dickhead clubs arent named like that
u have no idea about football whether it be in australia or europe
i bet u cant even tell me what the job is of a "Sweeper"

aussies consider "Sydney Olympic" an ethnic name and is "olympic" a ethnic term?

No but because the greeks follow them its called an ethnic team

is Sydney United a ethnic name?
No but because croatians follow them it is an ethnic team

^___^
HSC
a sweeper?
yeah, isn't it someone that sweeps the floor?????

haha, and yeah, olympic is an ethnic term..have a read about the origin of Olympic =)

as for Sydney United, its not an ethnic name, but whether the name was allowed or disallowed for ethnic reason, as i said, if you can prove it, take it up to the high court, as far as the public and the whold world sees it atm, you are only making an arse of yourself

whats ur point
the police turned up there
and did they do anything????
no way
they just stood there like ducks and used no aggressive manourves to tame the violence (unless u consider chasing them is one)

haha whats next? when the police did do something, you blame them for being racist for smashing you guys on the head???

ye there killing it so much that they got beat and didnt advance to the next stage

they lost to a very disciplined and a very solid team, just like Barcelona losing to Chelsea....

ye and you know what the high courts verdict is going 2 be

in favour of the aussies

hahahahahaha, yeah..netx thing you know, your computer will hate you for not being an aussie

Last edited:

HBK_9

ThE sHoWsToPPa
HSC
... said:
haha, and yeah, olympic is an ethnic term..have a read about the origin of Olympic

as for Sydney United, its not an ethnic name, but whether the name was allowed or disallowed for ethnic reason, as i said, if you can prove it, take it up to the high court, as far as the public and the whold world sees it atm, you are only making an arse of yourself

ha ha so in the "Olympics" only ethnic teams should compete hey dickhead?

... said:
haha whats next? when the police did do something, you blame them for being racist for smashing you guys on the head???
who said i or anyone was going to blame the police
the police are supposed to enfore the law and if that means using violence well so be it
but the police in australia are soft and rarely do they exert violence

... said:
they lost to a very disciplined and a very solid team, just like Barcelona losing to Chelsea....
exactly so does that mean that they are killing it?
no u fuk

... said:
hahahahahaha, yeah..netx thing you know, your computer will hate you for not being an aussie
ahahahahah have u ever heard of a wog in the high court
no
just like the aussies who favour themselves over wogs the same applies in court

^___^
HSC
haha good work mate, so what are you gonna do to help ethnic in australia?
keeping complaining about it on the net?
or you are gonna make yourself heard by start riots in the A-league??

or even better, are you gonna accept the fact the new Football Australia is trying to take out discrimination all race and try to make the code in here a unique sport

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
HBK_9 said:
ha ha so in the "Olympics" only ethnic teams should compete hey dickhead?
best quote in this thread.

*shakes head*

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
HBK_9 said:
well done dickhead
unadvertised???????
have u heard of something of "SBS"
have u heard of something called the NEWSPAPER

there was advertisements for all games in the tournanment

oh ye so just because dwight yorke wasnt there means ALL THE STAR PLAYERS OF THE CLUBS WERENT THERE

What about Ned Zelic for the Newcastle Jets?????

10,000 is a great crowd

Hey fucktard, can you tell me the difference between media expossure and paid advertising?

There was a relatively decent amount of media coverage given to the game through SBS and maybe through the odd bit of column space in a newspaper, but that isn't FFA paid advertising. That's beign saved for when the actual A-League starts.

And Dwight Yorke not being there is huge. He will put more bums on seats than anyone else in this country.

Zelic didn't play in the tournament final. His team weren't there.

10,000 is a great crowd for a match which as I said was unadvertised, and without it's major draw Dwight Yorke.

They kill football for the 50th time because they have more interest in sports such as AFL,Union and League than Football

It is a proven fact
For the 50th time can you get me these proven facts? Just because you said so proves nothing.

true but the Premier League is marketed WORLDWIDE
and compare the ratings of the highlight show to a normal nrl game
Fox sports pays alot money for the right to show the EPL only because they don't want SBS broadcasting them
Fox Sports wants exclusive rights to the Premiership because people watch it> It makes sense for them to not want SBS to have them because it makes people buy Foxtel so they can watch the games.

And yes, the premiership is makreted worldwide, but in every country a unique marketing strategy is applied. To be succesful the FFA have to market their product to the Australian audience in a similar way to the Premiership.

yes the A-league has 2 be the opposite of the nsl but that will take time

but if u look at the player lists 4 each team exclude a few and it is basicly players that last played in the nsl or have played in the nsl
Yeah, but there won't be any exclusive clubs which only cater to minority support.

They are
You can't compare the skill of level of those sports to football
Regardless, it's not for you to tell people what they should be watching or what they shoudl think is better.

Ok simple
When the A-League starts and u see the average crowd that will tell they dont give a shit

and also take a look in a newspaper
Why is there always 2-3 pages each on afl, league and union and football has not even half of one page??????
We'll wait and see when the A-League starts.

As for newspaper reporting, the reason League and AFL and Union are given so much column space is because it's in the best interests of the organisation to give them exposure. The owner's of these media conglomerates, have also invested money into AFl, League rights etc so it's only natural they will want to expose their product in order to obtain maximum returns.

who said the central coast deserved there own team?????
You did, when you said they could just all go to Newcastle instead.

They still do just look at Todays Sydney Morning Herald and flick to The Fitz Files and there u will see football bashing on countless times
Peter Fitzsimmons bashes all sports, including Rugby League and AFL. He is a stereotypical "rugger-bugger." Don't expect objective reporting from him.

is that all u can list
5 points
ahahahahah

and about television exposure
what time do u think seven will show the games??????
defiantely not prime time it will be at 12am for sure
5 more points than you've made in all your posts in this thread.

Channel Seven havn't got the rights to the League. Foxtel has exclusive rights and have contractually agreed to broadcast at least 2 live matches per round with delayed telecasts of the other 2.

If you fail to see that all sport now is a business and in order to be profitable must be treated as a marketable product you are an imbecile.

Italy and Argentina are different to Australia so the same things that work there won't necessarily work here.

Prove to me that Australians hate Soccer. Just saying it doesn't make it so.

You still haven't told me how what the NRL does, has anything to do with Football.

"Your ethnic based teams and their League could hardly be called succesful"=WRONG

If your ethnic teams were succesful and your League succesful how come they're not around today? The government plus businessmen like Frank Lowy don't spend millions of dollars on reform process if the current process is working.

Can you prove to me that Aussies are racist and have no idea about football? I'm an Aussies, I'm not a racist and I know a lot about football.

Next time you reply, please less opinion and more facts.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Fuck that cunt anyway. Big news for the day is that Sol and Freddie bot look set to miss out today.

Lineup could possibly be:

------------------Lehmann--------------------

Lauren-----Kolo-----Senderos---------Cole

Fabregas---Vieira----Gilberto----------Pires

------------Bergkamp------Reyes-------------

Still plenty strong enough

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
How can Michael Owen be Man Uz no.1 transfer target...? It amazez me.

Oh well the only concern fo Man U iz their defense, missin Heinze iz a big loss. Prob will consist of:

Brown-------Rio--------Silvestre--------O'Shea

Howard ahead of Carroll, thatz good newz at least.

slip

HSC
people as dumb as you dont deserve to live.

im going out to watch the fa cup tonight, somebody help me decide who to support!!!

im a chelsea fan, i always hated man utd because so many of there fans are glory supports (hey i supported chelsea well before the russian revolution). but arsenal have been some what better then man utd in recent years, plus they are cross town rivals.

and it kinda looks like man utd could be fucked with glazier so i kinda feel sorry for them

arsenal are sorta cocky.

hmmm everything there says go for man utd, but i still really hate them.

lets jsut hope its a good match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)