Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
... said:
man utd were at fault there, van nisterooy was very ineffective for 60% of the match, ferguson should have subbed him when lehmann is in a form like that :(
I agree. Van Nistelrooy could have scored 5 if he was his usual pre-injury self.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Thiz FA Cup final sumz up the season fo Man U, can't take yo chancez, and you'll end up a loser.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
LoL!
I have a feelin that Liverpool will win the UCL, see what happenz then. :D
I really hope that you are right...but even if Milan win i'll be happy 'cause we can say that we were knocked out of the champs league by the best side.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Arsenal played one of the worst gamez of the season and yet they won the cup, thatz ironic. It would be fittin fo Chelsea, but not Arsenal. I'd rather see Chelsea lift the cup than Arsenal.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Can't wait to hear from Hectic. I don't think he would be all that happy. Or maybe I'm wron and hez very very happy that Arsenal won despite bein outplayed fo 120minz.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Arsenal played one of the worst gamez of the season and yet they won the cup, thatz ironic.
I know. This may sound like i'm a bad sport...but I don't care. Lauren and the very overrated Reyes played like shit all night and the rest of the Arsenal side didnt play much better. They were a one-man team tonight...that man of course being Lehmann.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
Can't wait to hear from Hectic. I don't think he would be all that happy. Or maybe I'm wron and hez very very happy that Arsenal won despite bein outplayed fo 120minz.
maybe he will be admit that they were outplayed...or should i say completely outclassed?...but I don't think that he will care. Expect him to bag the hell out of us Man Utd supporters tomorrow.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yeh smith shouldve been given a go...

but credit to lehman, he was playing out of his skin, no one else in the arsenal team came close. senderos did ok, the other 3 backs were horrendous, viera and gilberto got outmuscled and outplayed by keane, scholes and fletcher, bergkemp was marked out of the game, i didnt even notice fabregas, reyes was just a petulant useless prick. arsenal improved when ljunberg and van persie came on, they added some spark but still lacked chances.

for man utd, carroll did jack all, the only memorable thing he did was trying to add another blunder to his collection this season when he rushed out to no mans land. back 4 was solid... even ferdinand looked good going forward on the wing lol. there were some great passes to the flanks to rooney and ronaldo, which happened time and again in that second half. but the lack of that finishing ability which killed off uniteds title hopes this season was still there. ruud was below par, made a few nice touches and a good header, but missed several deadset sitters. rooney and ronaldo really deserved it for their efforts tho, as do keane

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
I know. This may sound like i'm a bad sport...but I don't care. Lauren and the very overrated Reyes played like shit all night and the rest of the Arsenal side didnt play much better. They were a one-man team tonight...that man of course being Lehmann.
It also highlightz the inability fo United to finish goalz. Hard to imagine considerin we have one of the best attackin playerz on paper.

Hahaha SBSz imagez of the fanz are funny.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
It also highlightz the inability fo United to finish goalz. Hard to imagine considerin we have one of the best attackin playerz on paper.

Hahaha SBSz imagez of the fanz are funny.
I think Fergie deserves some blame too...If he had bought a keeper to replace Carroll...maybe we could have done better in the penalty shootout...not to mention the Champions League.

We do have to acknowledge how well Lehmann played though. I swear they must have hired Buffon and disguised him as Lehmann.

Last edited:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
maybe he couldve brought on howard... he's actually pretty good at penalties

milan has surrendered the serie a title... so they better be focused at istanbul next week

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I'm gettin stickz from Arse fanz already. Just got a SMS LoL.

Well I'm disappointed, but itz not az disappointin if we lost by bein completely outclassed. If only United scored, then I can just stick it to the Arsenal fanz so hard.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
I'm gettin stickz from Arse fanz already. Just got a SMS LoL.
haha same. I'm copping sms' from Arse supporters as well. In other news...AC Milan surrendered their Serie A title to Juventus overnight as they were held 3-3 by Palermo.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Awww Rio iz cryin, don't be a sissy like Terry.
I'm not into the sensitive new-age guys (no offence to anyone) but I thought it was so cute and my heart really went out to him...
As for Scholes - he must really be hurting. Poor guy.

Constip8edSkunk said:
for man utd, carroll did jack all, the only memorable thing he did was trying to add another blunder to his collection this season when he rushed out to no mans land.
LOL!!!
It was an entertaining match so thats good. I agree Smith should have recieved a go.

Lehman, Rooney and Ronaldo played well - I was disappointed with the performance Fabregas gave. I was really hoping to have seen a lot more of him during the match.

LMF^^ said:
Well I'm disappointed, but itz not az disappointin if we lost by bein completely outclassed.
I think its more disappointing losing when your team clearly played better. At least if you were outclassed the other team deserved to win...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
I'm off to bed now too. *eagerly awaits to be bagged be Arsenal supporters Hectic et al tomorrow*.... :rolleyes:

haha, possibly the greatest game ever. A bar full of crying Manyoo bandwagonners was beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)