Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
milan to win 2-0 ;)

on a different note, this was before an article before the fa cup, still quite interesting - typical mourinho

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has thrown his backing behind Manchester United for their FA Cup final against Arsenal.

Mourinho wants United to win on Saturday because he has a better relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson than Gunners rival Arsene Wenger.

"I respect him, but not just respect, I like him," Mourinho told BBC Sport in a documentary to be televised on Monday.

"He is a person to fight with but a person that when a game ends we share a glass of wine and speak openly."

He added: "He is a very correct person and he teaches me a few things.

"I also have a strong relationship with Sir Alex. I think a man like him deserves silverware year after year.

"I would like Manchester United to win. I have no problem to say that."

Mourinho led Chelsea to the Premiership title and a Carling Cup win this season in his first campaign in English football.

And while he has bonded with Ferguson his rapport with Wenger remains distant.

"I don't know him well, so I think it's not fair to speak about someone I don't know personally," added Mourinho.

"When he says he likes other Chelsea teams much more than our team I know why - because we are the champions. He preferred the other way when they were the champions.

"I didn't like Arsenal at the start of the season when they smashed everybody and I don't like them now when they beat Everton 7-0 and they win.

"But I liked them very much in the middle of the season when every weekend they lost points.

"I was in love with them then, so I can understand why Arsene doesn't like us."

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Liverpool (Cisse, Kewell, Garcia) 3-1 Milan (Kaka). If PSV can do it, so can we ;)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Yeah jim, meant his usual this season. I know it's been plagued with injury, but should be pulling off something :|. Timmy Cahill has pipped him as the best Aussie on Merseyside, brilliant season.

PS: Great find Hectic! Especially that first one.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Silly Season

already there are huge romours echoing around europe as some big names enter possible negotiatons.....
-adriano has been linked to real madrid
-trezeguet would like a move to the premiership and possibly to chelski or arsenal
-michael owen wants out of real madrid and arsenal and liverpool are front runners
-ajax star van der vaart is linked to a move to spanish giant barcelona and man united
-milan baros has attracted interest from real zaragoza and italian giants as roma
-hernan crespo wants to stay in milan however mourinho wants crespo next year at chelski
-star fullback dede is sure to move to stamford bridge in the summer
-italian keeper cudichini is likley for a move to man united
-steven gerrard has been a topic of much interest, real madrid are prepared to fork out 40mil for the liverpool star
-edgar davids would like a move home, possibly to dutch giants ajax

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Can't see Gerrard moving. All the other ones seem pretty believable though.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
RUB!X said:
already there are huge romours echoing around europe as some big names enter possible negotiatons.....
-adriano has been linked to real madrid
-trezeguet would like a move to the premiership and possibly to chelski or arsenal
-michael owen wants out of real madrid and arsenal and liverpool are front runners
-ajax star van der vaart is linked to a move to spanish giant barcelona and man united
-milan baros has attracted interest from real zaragoza and italian giants as roma
-hernan crespo wants to stay in milan however mourinho wants crespo next year at chelski
-star fullback dede is sure to move to stamford bridge in the summer
-italian keeper cudichini is likley for a move to man united
-steven gerrard has been a topic of much interest, real madrid are prepared to fork out 40mil for the liverpool star
-edgar davids would like a move home, possibly to dutch giants ajax
Az I've posted earlier a newspaper reported that Owen iz the main summer target fo Man Utd, and that really surprisez me. If he doez come to Old Trafford then I believe it will be the end fo Louis Saha.

And hazn't Van der Vaart been in formal negotiationz wit Hamburg...?

Baros haz said the Championz League final might be hiz last fo Liverpool.

And if Madrid wantz to buy Ibrahimovic fo 70million euroz how can they afford Gerrard...? :D

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
Lol! I found this excerpt of that article pretty funny:

The really bad news, though, is that Arsene Wenger has tipped Liverpool to win. That is a blow, because despite all the love the Arsenal fans give him, even they must realise that he knows nothing about the Champions League. Just look at his side’s hilarious efforts to make it to the last four despite having more superstars and a larger budget than the likes of PSV, Valencia, Porto and Deportivo (you can’t use the cash resources excuse all the time, sunshine).

Last year Wenger said Monaco would win the final. They lost 3-0. So be afraid Stevie G and co...be very afraid.

...unfortunately Liverpool are going to lose for sure now:)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Rub!x said:
-milan baros has attracted interest from real zaragoza and italian giants as romaThe word around Liverpool circles is that Valencia are also in for him. Maybe we can give them Baros+ some cash for Vincente or Ayala or Baraja if Gerrard moves on.
-hernan crespo wants to stay in milan however mourinho wants crespo next year at chelski- This isn't a rumour. It's been this way since he went to Milan.
-star fullback dede is sure to move to stamford bridge in the summerVery likely
-italian keeper cudichini is likley for a move to man unitedCudicini just made a lot of noises about wanting to stay at Chelsea, but you never know
-edgar davids would like a move home, possibly to dutch giants ajaxDidn't he just sign a long contract with Inter?
These are the ones that I can see happening.

If we get a 40 mil (pounds?) offer for Gerrard, we'd be mad not to take it. 40 mil is a king's ransom in the hands of a shrewd manager like Rafa, and I'm sure we'd be able to improve our squad greatly with it. Ballack.. Joaquin...Vincente.. Colocinni.. Evra.. with 40 mil + cash inflow from sales of other crap + Champions League money, all this would be possible. I don't see it happening though. Madrid are always linked with everyone (at this point in time they're already linked to Joaquin, Robinho, Gerrard, Adriano, Reyes, Ferdinand, Ibrahimovic and much more.....so I'd take anything they're linked to with a couple of pinches of salt). I think it's more likely that Gerrard will go to Italy if he goes anywhere at this stage in time. I think Ancelotti will be looking for a replacement for the aging Seedorf. I don't know if they'll be paying what Pool will be asking for though.

Michael Owen just said yesterday that he's not interested in leaving Madrid. It's weird, because he's changed his mind on numerous occasions lately. To be honest I don't think Liverpool will go for him unless he comes cheap (doubtful considering his form this season), and he won't go for Liverpool unless we both win the CL, and Gerrard stays.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
Lol! I found this excerpt of that article pretty funny:

The really bad news, though, is that Arsene Wenger has tipped Liverpool to win. That is a blow, because despite all the love the Arsenal fans give him, even they must realise that he knows nothing about the Champions League. Just look at his side’s hilarious efforts to make it to the last four despite having more superstars and a larger budget than the likes of PSV, Valencia, Porto and Deportivo (you can’t use the cash resources excuse all the time, sunshine).

Last year Wenger said Monaco would win the final. They lost 3-0. So be afraid Stevie G and co...be very afraid.

...unfortunately Liverpool are going to lose for sure now:)
Hahaha lookz like the guy don't like Arsenal very much either. :)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
liverpool need an early break in the game and the milan defence have to have an off day for them to score goals. milan will shut them down quickly otherwise and score at will towards the end.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i reckon juve would be over the moon if real offered them 70mil for ibrahimovic, its as laughable an offer as the rumoured 16 mil pound bid by barce for henry.

i highly doubt gerrard leaving liverpool despite all the rumours. would be an awsome replacemrnt for seedorf tho. while milan can match chelsea's money they arent as foolish in spending it... no way crespo wil be worth 20mil or whatever bullshit price abrahimic want, hes been good season but no where near the level he was 3 or 4 years ago. and all this cat and mousing will end as soon as parma let gilardino to join milan. pizarro and oddo are also good prospects

despite gattuso being a fan;), i cant see him going to united, i reckon mascherano would be a better replacement for keane anyhow

^___^
HSC
the only transfer rumors there i can see happening are:

gerrard leaving for either madrid, ac or chelski
van der fart leaving ajax
adranio leaving inter

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Van der Vaart haz agreed personal termz wit Hamburg, but the clubz are yet to sought out a fee.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
"Rant doubts it but much irony there was in Arsenal's FA Cup Final 'victory' on Saturday"

I still fail to see why he put the words victory in inverted commas, seeing as though they did win the game.

For Arsenal they were the right tactics on the day, which is fair enough. The hypocrisy of it all isn't.

Haha, Wenger has said he doesn't like the use of the 4-5-1 system but he understands why managers use it. Him deciding to employ that tactic when his best attacker is out is hardly hypocritical. It was a necessity that we didn't concede any goals.

He may have won the FA Cup on Saturday but he only did it by clambering off his highest of high moral horses; by surrendering his principles. Welcome to ground level Arsene.

Enjoy your moral victory guys, we'll take the trophy instead.

---------------------------------

Most of his argument is like that. Wonder why he decided to focus on Wenger and Arsenal instead of his own side's inadequacies?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lol get over it, we both got hammered by chelsea in the league, and neither will challenge it next year playing like the way we did on saturday -

man utd - not scoring from 20+ shots and many more airswings (ruud will improve next season with less injury)

arsenal - getting completely steamrolled all over the shop bar goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)