Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Horse

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Stats mean crap in this. I could rattle off a bunch of stats about the pope dying and how it relates to the last time Liverpool won the Champions League, but it would mean crap. I'm just looking forward to a hard fought, intense game tomorrow.
I'm looking forward to a hard fought; intense game as well but there is a big difference between looking at stats and superstition.

Stats do relate and mean something. As for superstition – it doesn’t mean anything when it comes to football. The pope dying and it relating to Liverpool’s last European win is superstition and I haven’t mentioned it nor has any other Pool fan if my memory serves me correctly…:)

Edit: No Pool fan on this thread I mean.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Thatz the prophecy Liverpool are goin on about, so it makez it even mo amazin if they do actually win.
Not a prophecy I've paid any attention too. It will be a crazy coincidence but other than that - nothing.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
True, but I believe when it comes down to it the stats are just as bad as superstition. Unless of course, they've lost to the same team like ten times in a row.
But just for fun, here is some superstition.

As everyone's been saying, look at the parallels with 81..

81: Prince Charles got married, a new Dr Who on tv, Ken and Deirdre of Coronation Street got married, Pool finished 5th in the League, Pool won the European Cup...

05: Prince Charles got married, a new Dr who on tv, Ken and Deirdre remarried in the show, Pool are 5th in the League...

How about the 78 triumph...

78: Pope John Paul I died, Wales rugby team won the Grand Slam, Pool lost the League cup to the league champions, Pool won the European Cup...

05: Pope John Paul II died, Wales rugby team won the Grand Slam, Pool lost the League cup to the league champions

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yes! I've finally triumped in my struggle against my crappy exetel adsl!

Just bought 30 cans of coke and a bottle of wild turkey (;), so there'll probably be very little sleeping tonight. My tutor for my only class is French, so I think he'll understand, especially if Cisse puts a few past Dida.

Come on you Reds. Let's get that no. 5!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I'm thinkin whether I should go uni tomorrow...
If only thiz waz 99...

EDIT:

DAILY STAR

* Harry Kewell will start at the expense of Didi Hamann for Liverpool in tonight's Champions League final against AC Milan in Istanbul.

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Trippendicular said:
Omg, only 14 hours or so till the final, Liverpool better get Reina next year, goalkeeper appears to be the only weak position in the squad now
Even if teams only needed 1 top class player in every position to challenge for top honours, this would still be false. However I'm confident that we'll do a lot of buying in the summer. Especially if we win tomorrow.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I wouldn't read too much into Hamann getting dropped, it's probably just a rumour. The lineup won't be known till an hour before the match.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Watch your mouth HeCtic.:D Only Man U supporters are bitter yea?:rolleyes:
Those two matches are totally different. Manyoo lost because their strikers couldn't score in a brothel and we lost because Henchoz stopped two goal bound shots with his hands and got away with it.

Hopefully karma will strike again tommorow :)

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
Those two matches are totally different. Manyoo lost because their strikers couldn't score in a brothel and we lost because Henchoz stopped two goal bound shots with his hands and got away with it.

Hopefully karma will strike again tommorow :)
End of the day - we won. How or why - doesn't matter now. Like you said earlier about your FA Cup victory this year - who walks away with the trophy? In 2001 - we did.

Besides why would you want AC to win when we're far more entertaining.:D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
End of the day - we won. How or why - doesn't matter now. Like you said earlier about your FA Cup victory this year - who walks away with the trophy? In 2001 - we did.

Besides why would you want AC to win when we're far more entertaining.:D
Yeah yeah, the difference between the two matches is you stole it and United couldn't win it on Saturday.

I've got a million things I could say but I'll save it till tommorow :D. I can wait that long.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Oh and I think Liverpool will win 1-0 tommorow, from a Harry Kewell goal.

***Hope I've jinxed the cunts now***

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Ha! Harry Kewell scoring, that's funny. He's been crap all year.
Milan to win 2-0.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
jim_green said:
I wouldn't read too much into Hamann getting dropped, it's probably just a rumour. The lineup won't be known till an hour before the match.
Now according to Sky Sports, Hamann will line up behind Gerrard and Alonso with Biscan set for the bench.

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
I've got a million things I could say but I'll save it till tommorow :D. I can wait that long.
HeCtic said:
Oh and I think Liverpool will win 1-0 tommorow, from a Harry Kewell goal.

***Hope I've jinxed the cunts now***

Ahahaha! Too much of a smartarse HeCtic.

If we lose - we will get slammed but if we win - your going to pay for all your comments. So will a few other's on this thread ;)

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Ha! Harry Kewell scoring, that's funny. He's been crap all year.
Milan to win 2-0.
Harry's hasn't being playing the best but I won't be surprised if he goes out there tomorrow and does something special. His a fantastic player but ever since his injury he just hasn't been the same. Hopefully tomorrow's match will bring out his great amount of skill again.

As for Hamann - I hope he starts the match and I hope Gerrard/Alonso create some magic in midfeild.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Lookin at that pic in yo sig again remindz me of that game. Harry didn't start that day but came on and supplied the cross fo Sinama Pongolle which kick started their comeback. I could see the same happenin tomorrow mornin.

Crazy Horse

HSC
I'll sleep with my fingers crossed tonight that the Reds play their best game tomorrow!! Does anyone know what time the game starts? SBS says 4:30 but is that actual kick-off or are they going to do the same thing they did for the FA final?

Last edited:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Ahahaha! Too much of a smartarse HeCtic.

If we lose - we will get slammed but if we win - your going to pay for all your comments. So will a few other's on this thread ;)
lol

liverpool should start with sinamon and mellors since its only because of them that they are here in the 1st place :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I might catch a couple of winks as well. I have a feeling that I'll fall asleep in the middle of the match if I don't. Nite all. I know who you'll all be chering for tomorrow, despite what you say now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)