Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

timbk2

LMF^^ said:
Lookz like Gerrard might be really movin to Real Madrid.
nah i think its just BS that the newspapers in UK came up with, after gerrard had his photo taken with Guti on a beach.

i dont think he'll leave without the premiership title under his belt.

T

timbk2

meanwhile..

Australia 2 - Argentina 4

Defence was Shit hole again. Although Aust. were unlucky with some calls. Aloisi with 2 goals... now tops scorer in the confed cup. Hope to see him move to a good team this (euro) summer

HSC
Does anyone think that Frank Farina is the biggest winger in International football?

I am sure that that there were two penalty turned down last night against Australia, but really he still moans and makes up excuses for previous Socceroo games. Prehaps he is right though ... maybe there is a major conspiracy against Australian football? :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
timbk2 said:
nah i think its just BS that the newspapers in UK came up with, after gerrard had his photo taken with Guti on a beach.

i dont think he'll leave without the premiership title under his belt.
Nah when Marca reportz on somethin like that it must have some real substance to it. Same went wit Beckham and Vieira. So again itz up to whether Gerrard wantz to leave or not.

slip

HSC
I dunno how australia expects to change its defence in 6 months. Im not sure the players are the problem. Argentina and Germany do have great attacks, however I really dont think we should be conceding that many goals.

I dont think we have enough depth at the back, i mean full strength, lazaridis, moore, neill, and then one outa popovic, muscat, vidmar, melecevic, mckain etc none of whom are good enough imho.

I think part of the problem stems from the team's structure as well, which seems to be a 4-1-2-3 or a 4-1-4-1. I think the wide men up front are wasted, they dont do enough in attack or defence, and we are basically playing 4 fairly attacking midfielders, we really do need some in the team like okon or zelic to bring that balance. I reckon we should play 4-1-3-2. with zelic or okon playing infront of the defence.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Didnt we play with a sweeper before? Anyway there definately needs to be a DM of somesort, whether that is okon or zelic we will have to wait and see. But keep in mind time is running out to experiment.

gijoe

Banned
slip said:
liverpool's steve finan may be charged with dangerous driving causing death over an incident that saw an 89 year pensioner die 5 week after the crash from head injuries he sustained during the crash.

alot of australians do call it football. it would be much easier if everyone excepted union and league arent football, and as such they should be refered as union and league. and afl is just aussie rules.

anyways liverpool supporters will tell you gerard is not the best player in the world. they will say that alonso and cara were better all season.

and ill tell you that through out the season chelsea was a far more consistent and thus better team and that lampard was a far more consistent and better player.
shut up I think your wrong your not english how would you know

gijoe

Banned
LMF^^ said:
I guess you must be a close friend of Stevie, seein that you know him so well.

not a relative but have met him in london last month when we were partying no joke

slip

HSC
gijoe said:
shut up I think your wrong your not english how would you know
Well the reason I would know and you wouldn't, is that i have an education and an open mind, where as you dont exactly have anything along those lines, your just a fuckwit.

gijoe

Banned
Liverpool football thread

Who was the best player for Liverpool this season

Gerrard

Baros

Hypya

Xabia lonso

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Definitely Gerrard. At times, though, I think he affected Liverpool's game negatively by trying to do everything himself.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
There's already a football thread mate, I don't think we need a new one for individual team supported here.

As for the question, I'd say Alonso when he's been fit. Gerrard has gone missing a lot in patches this season.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Alonso out of the 4 mentioned but how can you forget Carrager? He has been by far the most outstanding player for the team and I think majority of football fans who watch Liverpool play will say the same thing.

Edit: HeCtic's right - should keep this in the football thread.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
Cisse got married.

Love the outfit. :D

I think I heard that his getting the club emblem tattooed on him to celebrate the CL victory..

....thats an idea :p

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I would say Carragher. Gerrard and Alonso are a close second. Carragher didn't miss a minute of a Premiership game all season, however Gerrard and Alonso each had a long period on the sidelines.
How could you even suggest Hyppia or Baros?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)