• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
HeCtic said:
Yeah Ronaldinho inspired Barca to how many trophies last season? It's disgraceful how since Mattheus all the previous winners have been attackers. I an't take this award seriously anymore.

NEdved?

What happened to that Mattheus guy anyway? Didn't he end up coaching some American soccer club?

Last edited:

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
... said:
nah

henry is a great player, no doubt

but arsenal just need to perform very impressively in europe for Henry to be recognised as a "great", otherwise he will just be "another player that just fell short"
i dun think ppl should doubt Henry's skill and talent, but at the same time, he has yet to fulfil them
THANK U THAT WAT I WAS TRYING TO ELUDE TO WITH MY RUBBISH TALK..../

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
notnownotever said:
i got mistaken with romaina.. same shit..but different smell.. i'am not talking shit that is my view... henry is not of the class of ronaldhino, sheva, shearer, raul, roy maakay...
oh its just fance,if he was good, he would of got golden boot from david sukur...so also at euro 2000 he didnt shine only scoring 3 goals...
if he was, he would of shined in europe whether it be the champions, league or the uefa cup.. btw did henry play in that final against galasatary.... and also he should prove it one the world stage.....
one he proves it i'll eat my world..
btw rebrov played a supporting role to sheva.... if i wat was the other way around rebrov would be playing in italy and sheva would be else where..

You were talking shit. You made it up that Sheva played at the 98 world cup and tried to use it as proof that he performed on the international stage. You say Henry is not in the same class as Ronaldinho, Roy Makaay, Alan Shearer? Heh. He's won more than all those players and has performed consistently for three or four seasons now. Henry was only young at the 98 world cup and didnt even play every game. He got a World Cup winners medal and was his country's top scorer in the tournament. At that age to do that is absolute class. To not get the tournament golden boot when you havent even played in all the matches and were only playing in your first international tournament has nothing to do with him being a great player 6 years on. He has developed into a brilliant match winning goal scorer, the best in England by far.

He has shone in the hampions League, he's carried us to lots of wins and scored memorable hattricks against Inter and Roma and has taken apart other teams in his time too. He hasn't flopped in Europe his record shows that. It's more Arsenal's inability to hold on to leads or play more conservatively away from home which marrs their achievements.

Rebrov was as big a talent as Shevchenko IMO, it's just when you go to Tottenham things tend to go pear shaped for you. I saw how well those two played togethor and Sheva wasn't much if any better than him, just different styles of player who complimented each other magnificently.

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
HeCtic said:
You were talking shit. You made it up that Sheva played at the 98 world cup and tried to use it as proof that he performed on the international stage. You say Henry is not in the same class as Ronaldinho, Roy Makaay, Alan Shearer? Heh. He's won more than all those players and has performed consistently for three or four seasons now. Henry was only young at the 98 world cup and didnt even play every game. He got a World Cup winners medal and was his country's top scorer in the tournament. At that age to do that is absolute class. To not get the tournament golden boot when you havent even played in all the matches and were only playing in your first international tournament has nothing to do with him being a great player 6 years on. He has developed into a brilliant match winning goal scorer, the best in England by far.

He has shone in the hampions League, he's carried us to lots of wins and scored memorable hattricks against Inter and Roma and has taken apart other teams in his time too. He hasn't flopped in Europe his record shows that. It's more Arsenal's inability to hold on to leads or play more conservatively away from home which marrs their achievements.

Rebrov was as big a talent as Shevchenko IMO, it's just when you go to Tottenham things tend to go pear shaped for you. I saw how well those two played togethor and Sheva wasn't much if any better than him, just different styles of player who complimented each other magnificently.

gee, i admit it was a mistake..... before this topic gets bad,
WHEN HENRY SCORES A GOAL IN A PRESSURE SITUATION LIKE WAT STEVIE G DID.... HE'LL GET RECOGNITION.. BEING THE BEST IN ENGLAND MEANS NO SHIT CAUSE ENGLAND CURRENTLY IS A SHIT LEAUGE COMPARED TO SPAIN AND ITALY.... HE HASNT PROVED IT YET ON THE INTERNATIONAL SCENE.... WHEN HE STARS FOR ARSNAL IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CONSISTANTLY AND KILLS UP... THEN HE'LL BE RECOGNISE..... IF HE CARRIES THE TEAM SINGLE HANDLY THEN HE'LL BE RECOGNISED....IN MY EYES HE IS NOT A WORLD CLASS STRIKER....
THINK OF IT THIS WAY IF U HAVE MAKAAY, SHEVA ,DROGBA, RONALDO AND RONAHINIDO.. WHO WOULD U CHOOSE 2 STRIKERS AND 1 RESERVE BASED ON CURRENT FORM AND STATUS..

RONALDO AND RONAHINDINO
MAKAAY AS RESERVE

UNTIL HE SHOWS TO THE FANS, WAT HE IS REALLY WORTH.. LIKE WAT NEDVED DID LAST YEAR WHEN JUVE MADE THE UCL.... HE'LL BE A WORLD CLASS STRIKER

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
WHEN HENRY SCORES A GOAL IN A PRESSURE SITUATION LIKE WAT STEVIE G DID.... HE'LL GET RECOGNITION..
He's scored plenty in pressure situations, his wonder goal agains tLiverpool at Highbury is the first off the top of my head

BEING THE BEST IN ENGLAND MEANS NO SHIT CAUSE ENGLAND CURRENTLY IS A SHIT LEAUGE COMPARED TO SPAIN AND ITALY....
Opinion being passed on as fact. Currently England has 4 teams in the Cl final 16. More than any other country. Depor became the first side in the competitions history to be eliminated from the group stages without scoring one goal in six matches. What did they come in Spain last season? To say the English League is of low standard is stupid

HE HASNT PROVED IT YET ON THE INTERNATIONAL SCENE.... WHEN HE STARS FOR ARSNAL IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CONSISTANTLY AND KILLS UP... THEN HE'LL BE RECOGNISE.....
Yes he has. He has the winners medals to prove it on the international scene, and his goal scoring record for Arsenal in Europe is excellent. He's also scored goals than any other French player in a foreign League, proving hsi qualities in different environments and situations.

IF HE CARRIES THE TEAM SINGLE HANDLY THEN HE'LL BE RECOGNISED....IN MY EYES HE IS NOT A WORLD CLASS STRIKER....
He's carried the Arsenal team for the past three seasons? Been our top goal scorer by a long distance for a long time now and single-handedly has won us more games than I can possibyl remember.

THINK OF IT THIS WAY IF U HAVE MAKAAY, SHEVA ,DROGBA, RONALDO AND RONAHINIDO.. WHO WOULD U CHOOSE 2 STRIKERS AND 1 RESERVE BASED ON CURRENT FORM AND STATUS..
Well Henry has 4 in6 in Europe and 13 in 16 in England. On form I'd take him :D . As far as status is concerned Ronaldo is a legend and Sheva is about the same as Henry in world football standings.

Ronaldinho, Drogba and Makaay all fail to meet all of the above criteria you used to determine Henry as not being world-class so they wouldn't come close.

UNTIL HE SHOWS TO THE FANS, WAT HE IS REALLY WORTH.. LIKE WAT NEDVED DID LAST YEAR WHEN JUVE MADE THE UCL.... HE'LL BE A WORLD CLASS STRIKER
He already has shown what he's worth to the fans. Anyone who's seen him play knows how brilliant he is. He's got as much as anyone going around at this moment. Nedved is irrelevant we're discussing Henry's standing as far as a world class striker is concerned and over the past three years he compares favourably with anyone in Europe as far goals scored, goals made and overall contribution to the attack and team.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Dude, I think you fogot to press the caps lock button on yo keyboard.

The EPL is of very high standard. You can't judge on whether one league is better than another based on their styles of play. Arsenal's unbeaten record is somethin very special, as the EPL is a tough league.

Henry's got class, I don't doubt it. It's just that he hasn't lived up to expectations fo France.

^___^
HSC
yea..u can't compare them

if u want to, ok, lets go

Man Utd beat Juventus
Juventus beat Real Madrid
Real Madrid elimated Man Utd

err...????

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
HeCtic said:
He's scored plenty in pressure situations, his wonder goal agains tLiverpool at Highbury is the first off the top of my head

Opinion being passed on as fact. Currently England has 4 teams in the Cl final 16. More than any other country. Depor became the first side in the competitions history to be eliminated from the group stages without scoring one goal in six matches. What did they come in Spain last season? To say the English League is of low standard is stupid

***IN THE FUTURE THE EPL WILL BE BIG... THE UCL IS A COMP.... I

Yes he has. He has the winners medals to prove it on the international scene, and his goal scoring record for Arsenal in Europe is excellent. He's also scored goals than any other French player in a foreign League, proving hsi qualities in different environments and situations.

*** I DONT THINK SO ANELKA HAS SCORED MORE GOALS IN FOREIGN LEAGUES

He's carried the Arsenal team for the past three seasons? Been our top goal scorer by a long distance for a long time now and single-handedly has won us more games than I can possibyl remember.

****THIS HAPPENS WHEN THE FULL TEAM IS PLAYING... SEE HOW HE WOULD GO IF U CUT OUT CAMPEBELL, COLE, VEIRA, LJUMBBURG, REYES.. CAN HE RISE ABOVE
THAT

Well Henry has 4 in6 in Europe and 13 in 16 in England. On form I'd take him :D . As far as status is concerned Ronaldo is a legend and Sheva is about the same as Henry in world football standings.
****LOOKING THROUGH UEFA... SURPRISING TO SAY IN A PRESSURE SITUATION HENRY WOULD CRACK... UEFA CUP FINAL.. SHEVA SLOTED THE PRESSURE PENALTY GOAL IN THE UCL FINAL...

Ronaldinho, Drogba and Makaay all fail to meet all of the above criteria you used to determine Henry as not being world-class so they wouldn't come close.

ROANLDIHNIO-:2002 WORLD CUP>HE WAS THE DRIVING FORCE> PROVED HIM SELF IN SPAIN> AND IS CURRENTLY PROVEN HIMSELF IN EUROPE
M,AKAAY>EURO 2000 TAKING DUTCH IN TO THE SEMI'S ON HIS SCORING POTENTIAL>GOLDEN BOOT 2002>PROVEN IN EUROPE AND IN SPAIN AND IN GERMANY. HENRY DIDNT DO THAT IN ITALY
DROGBA>SINGLE HANDEDLY TOOK MARSAILLE TO THE UEFA CUP FINAL... HE CARRIED A WEEK TEAM WHO FINISHED 7TH IN THE FRENCH LEAGUE. TO THE FINAL MENTIONS GOES TO THE HAT TRICK IN THE SEMI... OHHH SHIT PROVED IN EUROPE AND STARTING TO PROVE IN ENGLAND..... I PUT HIM DOWN IN 2 YEARS OR EVEN A YEAR HE'LL BE UP WITH THE BEST

He already has shown what he's worth to the fans. Anyone who's seen him play knows how brilliant he is. He's got as much as anyone going around at this moment. Nedved is irrelevant we're discussing Henry's standing as far as a world class striker is concerned and over the past three years he compares favourably with anyone in Europe as far goals scored, goals made and overall contribution to the attack and team.
**** OVER THE PAST 3 YEARS I DO NOT THINK SO.. MAYBE LAST YEAR WHEN ARSENAL WON THE LOT... BUT 3 TOO LONG....

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Absolutely. It was sad to see Rebrov's progress take a dive at Tottenham. I knew of his natural and prolific bond with Sheva in their days at Kiev, so i really hoped Milan would take Sergei off Spurs hands and reunite the Ukrainian duo. Sadly, twas not to be :(

Is he still at Fenerbahçe?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
notnownotever said:
***IN THE FUTURE THE EPL WILL BE BIG... THE UCL IS A COMP.... I.
The premiership is a competition too? What's your point.

I DONT THINK SO ANELKA HAS SCORED MORE GOALS IN FOREIGN LEAGUES
No, Henry passed Michel Platini's record last season and has outscored Anelka in his time at Arsenal by a huge margin. Stop making things up again.

****THIS HAPPENS WHEN THE FULL TEAM IS PLAYING... SEE HOW HE WOULD GO IF U CUT OUT CAMPEBELL, COLE, VEIRA, LJUMBBURG, REYES.. CAN HE RISE ABOVE
THAT
Yeah, let's take out the second best attacker, two first choice midfielders and two best defenders from any team and see how they play comparatively.

****LOOKING THROUGH UEFA... SURPRISING TO SAY IN A PRESSURE SITUATION HENRY WOULD CRACK... UEFA CUP FINAL.. SHEVA SLOTED THE PRESSURE PENALTY GOAL IN THE UCL FINAL...
You believe one match where the entire team as a whole played badly is a mark of how he handles pressure? He's slotted many penalties and put in blindign performances under pressure before and continues to do so.

ROANLDIHNIO-:2002 WORLD CUP>HE WAS THE DRIVING FORCE> PROVED HIM SELF IN SPAIN> AND IS CURRENTLY PROVEN HIMSELF IN EUROPE
M,AKAAY>EURO 2000 TAKING DUTCH IN TO THE SEMI'S ON HIS SCORING POTENTIAL>GOLDEN BOOT 2002>PROVEN IN EUROPE AND IN SPAIN AND IN GERMANY. HENRY DIDNT DO THAT IN ITALY
DROGBA>SINGLE HANDEDLY TOOK MARSAILLE TO THE UEFA CUP FINAL... HE CARRIED A WEEK TEAM WHO FINISHED 7TH IN THE FRENCH LEAGUE. TO THE FINAL MENTIONS GOES TO THE HAT TRICK IN THE SEMI... OHHH SHIT PROVED IN EUROPE AND STARTING TO PROVE IN ENGLAND..... I PUT HIM DOWN IN 2 YEARS OR EVEN A YEAR HE'LL BE UP WITH THE BEST
Hahahaha! Ronaldinho played well at last season. Yeah he did. But what did he win for Barcelona? Oh, rightyo nothing. Ronaldo won the Wrold Cup for Brazil with his goals, they were so far superior to any team in the competition to put it down to Ronaldinho is a laugh.

Makaay? Bah. His record as a goalscorer is great but he can't hold a candle to Henry's play as an attacker or his worth to the team. Henry has actually won World Cup and Euro 2000, and carried Arsenal to two Premierships and three FA Cups on the back of his goals. Makaay couldn't get Bayern over the line to beat Werder last season now could he?

Henry being taken out of his environment at a young age and thrown into a defensive league playing for a manager who wasn't even behind the transfer and struggling is nothing to be ashamed of. Many world class players struggled in Italy to go on and become world-class players elsewhere. He's found his mentor and his perfect environment now and is a world-class striker.

Dogbag. Hahahaha. A one-season wonder who scored goals in a B-Grade Euro Cup? Flamini held their midfield throughout the competition last season. Let's all start comparing him to Emerson,Gerrard and co now shall we? You cite how Henry needs to prove himself consistently to be considered great and then use one season in the UEFa Cup and half a season in England to push Drogba forward as a world-class striker? You now say it'll take him two years to reach that level , so why bother comparing them now?

** OVER THE PAST 3 YEARS I DO NOT THINK SO.. MAYBE LAST YEAR WHEN ARSENAL WON THE LOT... BUT 3 TOO LONG....
You are clutching at straws now. He's been our top scorer for these seasons and up there wtih the best in the Premiership and Europe on the scoring charts during that period. If you include his assists or how many goals he's been a part of his record is phenomenal and unmatched.

He's spearheaded us to trophies in each of the last three seasons.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I agree with pretty much everything that Hectic said and believe that notnownotever needs to watch some more games before making such stupid comments. Any real supporter of football would know that Shevchenko, Henry and Ronaldihno are all world class players and that the English Premier League is of a very high standard, and in my opinion, the best.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
reynaldo said:
Absolutely. It was sad to see Rebrov's progress take a dive at Tottenham. I knew of his natural and prolific bond with Sheva in their days at Kiev, so i really hoped Milan would take Sergei off Spurs hands and reunite the Ukrainian duo. Sadly, twas not to be :(

Is he still at Fenerbahçe?

The last I heard of him was that he was struggling to compete with Sherringham and Zamora at West Ham :(

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
HeCtic said:
Yeah, let's all jump on that bandwagon now :rolleyes: I hate those cunts as much as Madrid, Manyoo or Chelsea. Not as much as the Spurs tho.
I was, am and always will be an arsenal fan i was just pointing out that barcelona are a joy to watch ...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
HECTIC OWNS u notnownotever

wtf r u talking about notnownotever?
just stfu, u talk way too much shit, how can u say henry is not world class striker?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Holy fuck that game was off the hook. We had em but can't defend set pieces from wide areas.

Henry fucking class all night, that miss shouldnt have mattered, we need to change our set piece defensive system otherwise we'll keep dropping games we shoulda won.

Oh and wtf at:

Florentino Perez said:
Meanwhile, Perez hinted he will use underhand tactics to bolster the Real ranks in the future after complimenting Arsenal manager Wenger's transfer dealings.

He added: "Whatever we do in the transfer market we will just let Arsenal show us who their targets are and then go after them ourselves.

"Wenger doesn't seem to make many mistakes."
link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)