• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ta-da

HSC
reynaldo said:
Absolutely. It was sad to see Rebrov's progress take a dive at Tottenham. I knew of his natural and prolific bond with Sheva in their days at Kiev, so i really hoped Milan would take Sergei off Spurs hands and reunite the Ukrainian duo. Sadly, twas not to be :(

Is he still at Fenerbahçe?
nah he's not at Fener anymore, i think he's at west ham .... isnt he?

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
HeCtic said:
The premiership is a competition too? What's your point.

No, Henry passed Michel Platini's record last season and has outscored Anelka in his time at Arsenal by a huge margin. Stop making things up again.

Yeah, let's take out the second best attacker, two first choice midfielders and two best defenders from any team and see how they play comparatively.

You believe one match where the entire team as a whole played badly is a mark of how he handles pressure? He's slotted many penalties and put in blindign performances under pressure before and continues to do so.

Hahahaha! Ronaldinho played well at last season. Yeah he did. But what did he win for Barcelona? Oh, rightyo nothing. Ronaldo won the Wrold Cup for Brazil with his goals, they were so far superior to any team in the competition to put it down to Ronaldinho is a laugh.
*** ok barce were in the bottom half of spanish at the half way. he inspired them to go on there winning run.. for that they came second and beat real madrid

Makaay? Bah. His record as a goalscorer is great but he can't hold a candle to Henry's play as an attacker or his worth to the team. Henry has actually won World Cup and Euro 2000, and carried Arsenal to two Premierships and three FA Cups on the back of his goals. Makaay couldn't get Bayern over the line to beat Werder last season now could he?
*** world cup good for him euro good for him... but the question is did he star in them and through that is recognisable as a world class player...***makaay single handedly won depor their first spanish league... bayern were shit last year to many injuries with scholl, jeramies, linke and ze reberto injuried....

Henry being taken out of his environment at a young age and thrown into a defensive league playing for a manager who wasn't even behind the transfer and struggling is nothing to be ashamed of. Many world class players struggled in Italy to go on and become world-class players elsewhere. He's found his mentor and his perfect environment now and is a world-class striker.

Dogbag. Hahahaha. A one-season wonder who scored goals in a B-Grade Euro Cup? Flamini held their midfield throughout the competition last season. Let's all start comparing him to Emerson,Gerrard and co now shall we? You cite how Henry needs to prove himself consistently to be considered great and then use one season in the UEFa Cup and half a season in England to push Drogba forward as a world-class striker? You now say it'll take him two years to reach that level , so why bother comparing them now?
****he is an up and comer...parden my fuck off if flamini didnt hold up their midfield there mid field was a 5 man prompt most of the time and leave drogba playing lone striker.. for this he got golden boot last year and single handedly took them top the final..

You are clutching at straws now. He's been our top scorer for these seasons and up there wtih the best in the Premiership and Europe on the scoring charts during that period. If you include his assists or how many goals he's been a part of his record is phenomenal and unmatched.
get fucked 3 seasons... when man u won the season two years ago. he was not leading scorer, no chance in hell i know that. yes he is up there in england, but not in europe.. when he actually proves himselfin europe then he'll be recognise as a fine striker

He's spearheaded us to trophies in each of the last three seasons.
u are an arsenal supporter and there is ur bias..... i go for man u and thats my view on why henry.. so lets just cut the crap.. u have ur view and i have mine.... so thou'

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
y the hell would Real Madrid wanna sign Lauren???

and this is just hilarious

Meanwhile, Perez hinted he will use underhand tactics to bolster the Real ranks in the future after complimenting Arsenal manager Wenger's transfer dealings.

He added: "Whatever we do in the transfer market we will just let Arsenal show us who their targets are and then go after them ourselves.

"Wenger doesn't seem to make many mistakes."

Last edited:

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
notnownotever said:
u are an arsenal supporter and there is ur bias..... i go for man u and thats my view on why henry.. so lets just cut the crap.. u have ur view and i have mine.... so thou'

HAHA, now why am I not surprised!

Feeling the gravity now ey?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
notnownotever said:

Bah, so you give up do you?

*** ok barce were in the bottom half of spanish at the half way. he inspired them to go on there winning run.. for that they came second and beat real madrid
You told me that to be coinsidered world class you have to put in the performances year in year out for a considerable length of time, and by your own criteria, one good season by Ronaldinho, half a good season by Drogba playing in a B-Grade competition wouldn't see them anywhere near world-class yet. Same goes with Makaay, he has one good season and then a poor one the season after. Last season Arsenal lost Vieira,Ljungberg,Campbell, Pires and Cole with long-term injuries throughout the season but Thierry kept firing in the goals, injuries are no excuse for Makaay.

You seem to enjoy applying one set of rules for Henry but overlooking the same rules with others. You pretty much have no argument anymore. If you're too blinkered to see Henry is world-class I'm not going to be bothered with you when everyone else can see it clear as day.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
notnownotever said:
..... i go for man u and thats my view on why henry.. so lets just cut the crap.. u have ur view and i have mine....
I support Man Utd as well, but unlike you, I know enough about football to know that Henry is a world class striker. You also mentioned earlier that Henry does not perform in big matches...what a load of rubbish!! You obviously did'nt watch last night's game, where he put 2 goals past Chelsea. As much as I hate to admit it, he was, as Hectic put it, "fucking world class all night!" I suggest you learn a bit more about the game before criticising such a classy player.

HSC
Arsenal v Chelsea? Who wanted to watch that rubbish. :confused:

The better game to watch was Siena (2nd from bottom) almost beat Inter Milan, before they drew 2-2 with Vieri scoting a header in the 92nd minute. :uhhuh:

Inter are creating records - Undefeated this season (Can anyone in England match that?), though we have drawn like 12 outta 15 matches. :D

Forza Nerazzuri! :p

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Italian Hotshot said:

The better game to watch was Siena (2nd from bottom) almost beat Inter Milan, before they drew 2-2 with Vieri scoting a header in the 92nd minute. :uhhuh:

Inter are creating records - Undefeated this season (Can anyone in England match that?), though we have drawn like 12 outta 15 matches. :D

I watched Arsenal v Chelsea because I dont have the channel for Serie A on foxtel, and besides, it was a great game between two great sides. Inter may be creating records by drawing 12 out of 15 matches...but is that a record that many quality sides would envy? I think not. I'd rather watch the EPL over the Serie A any day because the EPL has greater depth as far as good clubs are concerned....Inter have no chance of catching AC Milan and Juventus.

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
arnenal drew the majority of its games in there unbeaten streak.. pfffft. i dont like henry as a player.. and to settle it i follow the game a shit load.... i >>>VIEW<<< henry as not world class but a class below it.... it is my opinion about this striker..

matt#1

HSC
N/A
notnownotever said:
arnenal drew the majority of its games in there unbeaten streak.. pfffft. i dont like henry as a player.. and to settle it i follow the game a shit load.... i >>>VIEW<<< henry as not world class but a class below it.... it is my opinion about this striker..
Yeah, Arsenal may have drawn many of its games during the winning streak, but thats not my point. My point is that Arsenal became champions during their record-breaking unbeaten run...whereas Inter Milan are struggling and have no chance of catching AC Milan and Juventus. I'm not even going to bother arguing with you about whether Henry is world class anymore, because being a typical Man Utd supporter, you hate Arsenal and any person that plays for Arsenal.

I'm also a Man Utd supporter, but my bias does not extend to the extent that I can't see Henry as a world class player when he clearly is.

max

HSC
notnownotever said:

You're about as slow as a heard of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.

Edit: Also, Check the stats and you'll find you are mistaken with the unbeaten run part. I would myself, but I have better things to do than waste my time constantly proving myself right to such people.

Last edited:

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Italian Hotshot said:

How about Milan 6-0 Viola..

impressive huh ;)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Edu gone to Valencia in the summer for a free transfer. Let's hope he enjoys the next six months training with the reserves.

link

Edu claims Valencia deal done

Arsenal midfielder Edu claims he is ready to join Valencia at the end of the season.

The Brazilian international is out of contract at the end of the season and he has been unable to agree a new deal.

Arsene Wenger has issued an ultimatum to Edu over his contract talks telling him to sign a new deal or leave.

A number of clubs have been alerted to Edu's possible availability due to his contract problems.

Barcelona were thought to be favourties for Edu's signature, but the player revealed he will sign a pre-contract agreement with Valencia in January as he will be guaranteed first team football at the Mestalla.

"I don't want to be Barcelona's second choice," Edu told the News of the World.

"I'll join Valencia and I'll announce the news next month."

Despite the quotes from Edu - the Spanish press are insistent that Real Madrid will secure his signature in the next few weeks.

HSC
I know that he is unhappy with Wegner at the moment, but leave Arsenal to join Valencia?

Valencia are having abit of a "ruff" patch at the momet mainly in regard to some of their players - Di Vaio and Fiore look like they are about to leave and Ranieri is already making up excuses about their failure in the Champ League.

I know they won the UEFA Cup and La Liga last season, but they are pretty unstable and if I was Edu I'd be the bigger man and re-sign. :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
I support Man Utd as well, but unlike you, I know enough about football to know that Henry is a world class striker. You also mentioned earlier that Henry does not perform in big matches...what a load of rubbish!! You obviously did'nt watch last night's game, where he put 2 goals past Chelsea. As much as I hate to admit it, he was, as Hectic put it, "fucking world class all night!" I suggest you learn a bit more about the game before criticising such a classy player.
I concur. :uhhuh:
I also support Man U :D .

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Andriy Shevchenko was deservedly named European Footballer of the year this morning, ahead of Barcelona's Deco and Ronaldinho. Wayne Rooney was also named the best European under-21 footballer ahead of Christiano Ronaldo, Fernando Torres and Arjen Robben.

Manchester United blew their chance to catch up to the league leaders with their 1-1 draw with Fulham, but it was a great goal by Fulham's Papa Bouba Diop to level the scores just before full time.

Last edited:

ZabZu

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
Valencia are having abit of a "ruff" patch at the momet mainly in regard to some of their players - Di Vaio and Fiore look like they are about to leave and Ranieri is already making up excuses about their failure in the Champ League.

I know they won the UEFA Cup and La Liga last season, but they are pretty unstable and if I was Edu I'd be the bigger man and re-sign. :p
I agree with you. Valencia have gone from a dream season to a disapoitning one. I would have expected them to easily make the last 16 of the champions league and instead they bottomed their group. Although they are coming 3rd in the Spainish league, they are not the same team as last season.

Wont it be funny if Ranieri gets fired from two different teams in two seasons :rolleyes:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
ZabZu said:
I agree with you. Valencia have gone from a dream season to a disapoitning one. I would have expected them to easily make the last 16 of the champions league and instead they bottomed their group. Although they are coming 3rd in the Spainish league, they are not the same team as last season.

Wont it be funny if Ranieri gets fired from two different teams in two seasons :rolleyes:
In fact Valencia came third in their group, Anderlecht last wit no points.
Well they've got a few injuries, includin Aimar, possibly contributin to the slump.
I think if he gets em to a Champions League place, he won't be fired.

max

HSC
No undue disrespect, but now whenever I see a Man Utd jersey in town (believe me there are lots) I laugh out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)