Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Smith to me waz a bargain buy, I reckon hez worth mo than Saha, Fulham just jacked up hiz price, and why not when Unitedz comin fo yo man.

And same wit Rooney, az demand fo him waz high so Everton also jacked up hiz price.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well anyone stupid enough to consider djimi traore a footballer deserves to have their side beaten by burnley.

by the way, which mcdonald's outlet in merseyside is gerrard houllier working in?

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I thought Houllier workz fo French television.
yeah but sooner or later he's going to fuck something up there and get the sack from there too :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
- The Traore goal was class. I haven't seen such a good own goal in some time besides the Cygan header recently with no one in sight.

- Owen isn't that worse off with Real. At least he doesn't play enough to get injuried, so he can actually get back into some shape. And by the looks of his goals, it's paying off. But a shame for England.

- As good as Chelsea are and with a quality manager, their defense is not as solid as you think. I'd prefer the 110 year old Milan defense.

- And Rooney is overpriced, but he'll come good/at least Man Utd won't be playing against him.

- Ronaldo (the Man Utd one) is entertaining. His pace and footwork are a treat. It's too bad his passing and crossing and finishing aren't anywhere near this pace and footwork which doesn't help Man Utd.

- Arsenal need to finish their stadium so they can spend a bit.

- Barca don't look all that scary anymore, and if Puyol gets injuried it could be disaster.

^___^
HSC
yea

Chelsea's defence is all about work rate (which is the basic element of a solid defence)
however

Milan's defence consist of "skill" and neat movement

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
the only real problem with milan's defense is it's lack of pace... they have three veterans, who are technically well ahead of chelsea's defense but even lampard could outrun them (maybe not cafu).

chelsea's defense has a little more than workrate, they have the real-madrid-midfield-screen which makes any defense look half decent (even hierro when he was over the hill and pavon(!))

and jose says chelsea have the title in the bag, therefore we WIN!!!

slip

HSC
chelsea and milan both have brilliant defence, but i believe chelsea have proven themselves week in week out in a higher quality of attacking oppents both in the epl and the ecl

because the italian league is built on defense many teams below the top few (juve, milan, inter and such) have a very solid defense but not much going forward, and that means milan only truely get the same sort of quality attacking them as chelsea does about 50% of the time.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
umm, most teams especially in epl play "ultra-defensive" against chelsea so they rarely go forward at all, so the defense is rarely overworked or anything.

milan are in the most defensive league in the world (epl is about the least, if you dont consider bundas), so for them to keep scoring albeit through kaka-sheva is some feat.

the epl aren't known for defending... they leak goals like anything. without robben (maybe duff), chelsea would find it hard to score goals (besides terry headers).

so that's epl done.

as for ecl, the group chelsea were in, were a joke. they haven't proven anything yet. porto without half the squad of their best players aren't close to the ecl winning side from last seaon. the french side didn't do much. and cska put up a good fight, but compared to any of giants they'd be squated.

jose knows chelsea havent been tested, which is why he wanted barca clash.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Chelsea and Milan are unquestionably the best defensive sides in the world at the moment, having conceded only 8 and 12 goals respectively this season. Juventus, however, has only conceded 11 goals.

In my opinion, Man United must also be counted amongst the best defensive teams, (especially since the return of Rio, the return to form of Silvestre and the signing of Heinze), because we have only conceded 13 goals despite not having a class goalkeeper and playing in an attacking-based league.

slip

HSC
Man utd having only conceded 13 is a suprise, but i believe that is all down to rio, with out him last season they lapsed so many times. For me that means man utd dont have the depth to be considered on or the top defending sides in the world.

Where as milan and chelsea have alot of depth at the back, if one, two or even three players are injured they can cover it and hardly lose anything on the field.

flyin'

umm, most teams especially in epl play "ultra-defensive" against chelsea so they rarely go forward at all, so the defense is rarely overworked or anything.

milan are in the most defensive league in the world (epl is about the least, if you dont consider bundas), so for them to keep scoring albeit through kaka-sheva is some feat.

the epl aren't known for defending... they leak goals like anything. without robben (maybe duff), chelsea would find it hard to score goals (besides terry headers)
i think most teams in the epl still play attacking football against chelsea, i mean after every match the team that has lost to chelsea says that they were comfortable in defeat because they came attacked and gave it a go.

milan in the most defensive league in the world means that they only come up against quality attacks when they play the big 3 or 4 teams.

milan does have a better attack, but i still rate chelsea's defense above milan.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
slip said:
milan does have a better attack, but i still rate chelsea's defense above milan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

another football novice it seemeth..

i consider myself a neutral fan when it comes to CL matchups, therefore you will find no bias in this following comparitive summary of Milan/Chelski's defence:

Paulo Ferreira vs Marcos Evangelista de Morães Cafú..

Ferreira has age on his side and i do admit he has some talents but Cafú has been doing things beyond young Paula's ability for years (although not lately 'coz he's been a bit lazy)..

= Cafú

Jonathan Bartholemew Terry vs Jap Stam..

These guys are good defenders but can also score goals too. Terry has quite an accurate head on his aesophagus and Jap has a somewhat powerful free kick (similar to that of Lucio). As far as defensive capabilities are concerned, i think there is little difference between the two, both have height, strength etc. Stam has been injured lately so his form won't be so great right now and age doesn't help either but since i like Dutch people:

= Stam

Alejanda Nesta vs Rikki Carvalho

Carvalho is good.. But Nesta is great. end of story.

= Nesta

Maldini vs Bridge

I dunno wtf plays on Chelsea's left now (gallas, bridge or whoever).. ill pick Bridge because i don't like him. But that doesn't matter because Maldini is better regardless. Age doesn't mean as much as people believe it does.

= Maldini

Then theres Kaladze, Simic, Costacurta, Pancaro, Coloccini ... who are all full internationals and would probably make the first team for just about any other side in Europe, but sit on the bench at Milan because their defence is so strong..

therefore, through the process of quantum deduction and neuro-chromosome regeneralisation i have proved that from an entirely neurtal perspective Milan's defence is in fact better than Chelsea's.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
reynaldo said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

i consider myself a neutral fan when it comes to CL matchups, therefore you will find no bias in this following comparitive summary of Milan/Chelski's defence:

Ferreira has age on his side and i do admit he has some talents but Cafú has been doing things beyond young Paula's ability for years (although not lately 'coz he's been a bit lazy)..

= Cafú

These guys are good defenders but can also score goals too. Terry has quite an accurate head on his aesophagus and Jap has a somewhat powerful free kick (similar to that of Lucio). As far as defensive capabilities are concerned, i think there is little difference between the two, both have height, strength etc. Stam has been injured lately so his form won't be so great right now and age doesn't help either but since i like Dutch people:

= Stam

= Nesta

Maldini vs Bridge

I dunno wtf plays on Chelsea's left now (gallas, bridge or whoever).. ill pick Bridge because i don't like him. But that doesn't matter because Maldini is better regardless. Age doesn't mean as much as people believe it does.

= Maldini

Then theres Kaladze, Simic, Costacurta, Pancaro, Coloccini ... who are all full internationals and would probably make the first team for just about any other side in Europe, but sit on the bench at Milan because their defence is so strong..

therefore, through the process of quantum deduction and neuro-chromosome regeneralisation i have proved that from an entirely neurtal perspective Milan's defence is in fact better than Chelsea's.
lol jonathan bartholemew terry?, rikki carvalho?, alejanda nesta?...dude you're beginning to sound like those annoying commentators who, for no reason, pronounce players names differently...ie silvestre being called silvest, heinze being called "einze" etc

as for Maldini vs Bridge theres no argument there, you cannot compare maldini to anyone else....i'm proud to say i play left back just like him :D

as for cafu vs ferreira...neither of them are real stand out defenders: ferreira is just another typical right back with nothing special besides age while cafu is never back defending so you can't really class him as much of a full back....although i like cafu better purely because he doesn't look like a little girl...ferreira needs to get a better haircut and grow a beard or a goatee and lose the stupid confused expression he always seems to have on his face ;)

btw instead of using quantum deduction and neuro-chromosomes to determine who has a better defence, i found it was easier to use calculus and find the higher maximum value of the two defences...in which case i found to be milan's defence :p

oh yeh as for nesta vs carvalho...i say nesta because he's quicker

Last edited:

slip

HSC
reynaldo said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

= Cafú

= Stam

= Nesta

Maldini vs Bridge

= Maldini

haha not bias my arse look at what you said it is so clearly bias.

"cafu hasnt done anything lately cause he is lazy" therefore if the two players have similar talent which you suggested the winner is Ferreira.

Stam is a drug cheat, and from what you said you believe the two players to be of similar skill levels, but as you said stam has been injured and is old where as terryis fit, young, a leader and a role model, therefore terry is better.

I won't argue that maldini and nesta are better thou.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
slip said:
haha not bias my arse look at what you said it is so clearly bias.

"cafu hasnt done anything lately cause he is lazy" therefore if the two players have similar talent which you suggested the winner is Ferreira.

Stam is a drug cheat, and from what you said you believe the two players to be of similar skill levels, but as you said stam has been injured and is old where as terryis fit, young, a leader and a role model, therefore terry is better.

I won't argue that maldini and nesta are better thou.
considering that all the calculations were scientific, there is no possibility for bias :)

yes, Cafú is lazy, but he is still the worlds best right wingback (even ask Kaká)

Stam is just like any other Dutchman, he likes the hallucinogenics. Therefore he can be excused for any past drug abuse. Seems i have been mixing my synonyms with my antonyms again and used 'similar' instead of 'stam is better because he has more experience and has a cooler hairstyle'.

As for Maldini/Nesta, sure, they aren't bad players but according to my deductions (and FIFA) Roberto Carlos is the Worlds best defender.

Crazy Horse

HSC
oh man! Liverpool lost to Southhampton how the hell did that happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)