Status
Not open for further replies.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Seraph said:
uh-huh , well i think they should beat Iraq first

and btw they played South-Africa recently , at least they haev some well-known names in there

and if we had to play someone we should play the Netherlands.. now that will be a good game!
Hm...
I think Auz will get owned in that case.

I didn't see the South Africa game, waz that good...?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
the socceroos were lucky to get a draw....

juve may lose all the trophies they won from 94 to 98 cuz of a druggie doctor lol

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
I would not be surprised if inmates over there are allowed to watch the football.
And who wants to watch Chelski win Premier League - its Liverpool winning Champions League thats going to matter!;)
...i 4 sum reason dont think it'll happen...unfortunately im a realist :p

^___^
HSC
yeah

but i guess the arsenal fans will love the sig, cos for once we are not mocking at their manager or their so call "ambitions" stuff :p

Crazy Horse

HSC
Neil Mellor has become the fifth Liverpool player to be ruled out for the rest of the season through injury.

ANOTHER INJURY! We honestly have the worst luck with injuries. Djibril Cisse (leg), Chris Kirkland (back), Xabi Alonso (ankle) and Florent Sinama-Pongolle (knee) are already out for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

slip

HSC
at some point liverpool fans need to realise its not bad luck its poor training techniques and injury management. when it keeps occuring season after season its not luck its poor work.

look at ac milan a couple of season ago they installed a state of the art scietific player monitoring system. it looks at everything, deit, biomechanics of training even how the players relax. before this ac milan players suffered 48 injuries in 3 seasons, since this they have had something like 3 major injuries in 3 seasons.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
slip said:
at some point liverpool fans need to realise its not bad luck its poor training techniques and injury management. when it keeps occuring season after season its not luck its poor work.

look at ac milan a couple of season ago they installed a state of the art scietific player monitoring system. it looks at everything, deit, biomechanics of training even how the players relax. before this ac milan players suffered 48 injuries in 3 seasons, since this they have had something like 3 major injuries in 3 seasons.
I think thats a load of bull....injuries such as Cisse's can't be prevented through a player monitoring system...no matter how advanced it is.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
So Xabi Alonso's broken ankle was also a result of bad training techniques & not Lampard stamping on his foot?

Or last season when Baros & Carra both broke legs in the same game? :rolleyes:

^___^
HSC
lets all do some physical tackles on ac milan's players and see if they suffer any broken bones, if they don't; then their scientific program works

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
slip said:

It's all dependant on the types of injuries sustained though. I'm sure their scientific system is brilliant and very effective but at most it'd be a good barrier to muscle strain injuries and other fitness based injuries.

The types of injuries suffered by Liverpool players (eg bone breaks by horror challenges) can't really be prepared for, and the fact that Liverpool play in the most physical league in Europe coupled with bad luck means that they really should feel a bit hard done by. Shit happens thougha nd if they can get their full squad fit for next season they'll be a top 4 side easy. It just depends if missing out on the Champions League causes an exodus of stars in the summer.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
HeCtic said:
It's all dependant on the types of injuries sustained though. I'm sure their scientific system is brilliant and very effective but at most it'd be a good barrier to muscle strain injuries and other fitness based injuries.

The types of injuries suffered by Liverpool players (eg bone breaks by horror challenges) can't really be prepared for, and the fact that Liverpool play in the most physical league in Europe coupled with bad luck means that they really should feel a bit hard done by. Shit happens thougha nd if they can get their full squad fit for next season they'll be a top 4 side easy. It just depends if missing out on the Champions League causes an exodus of stars in the summer.
lol so true...top 4 next yr :p :p

firehose

HSC
braad said:
lol so true...top 4 next yr :p :p
It's funny how season after season Liverpool ppl keep on sayin that they're gonna at least get top 4 or they're gonna go all da way..... it's like... ooh yeah, we're gonna hit it this season, but then it ends up dissapointly again......not suprisingly, it never happens. Keep dreaming.

Crazy Horse

HSC
firehose said:
It's funny how season after season Liverpool ppl keep on sayin that they're gonna at least get top 4 or they're gonna go all da way..... it's like... ooh yeah, we're gonna hit it this season, but then it ends up dissapointly again......not suprisingly, it never happens. Keep dreaming.
Granted we aren't as strong as we used to be but like already stated we have many injuries this season - Cisse out for a year with a broken leg & Gerrard was out for 8 weeks, with a broken foot. Kewell out for over a month with a groin injury, as he was hitting PEAK form. Baros in and out of the team with hamstring injuries for two months. Alonso now out for two months with a broken ankle. Nunez only just able to make his debut a little while ago after a 4 month lay off. How about Florent Sinama-Pongolle out for the season due to a knee injurie and we cant forget Kirkland out with a back injury forcing Benitez to play Dudek until now...

I do think we will pick up though and i think that Rafa Benitez is what the team needs at the moment to help us do so. He has brought in Xabi Alonso and Morientes as well as others. He is tactically astute, motivational, disciplined, meticulous, and a team builder/bonder. It's his first season and I think the team will improve a great deal in the next season.

I also think its unfair to slam someone for believing in their team. Its only right that supporters stick up for their team and hope that they pick up in time to come. Whats the point of supporting a team that you dont believe in?? Besides every team has its ups and downs. I'm just hoping that Benitez can be the man to lead the team through to another high...

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
liverpool indeed have the team to be in the top 4, they just need to play consistenly and with a little luck (injuries wise) they are definately in the top 4

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Liverpool should sell Gerrard, and they'll finish in the top 4, just look at Everton. :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Sooner or later Gerrard will go, unless Benetiz and the board can dig up some decent cash and bring in one more world class player for Gerrard to lead the team with. He's 24, one of the top midfielders in the world and he needs to play champions league and win trophies!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
besides.... gerrard has already scored his first goal of many for his new team in the carling cup final...:p

HSC
I'm really pumped for the Nerazzuri's next CL match against Porto - this season we can go all the way in Europe .... I hope! Adriano got onto the scoresheet against Lecce in the league and that was his first strike since December! ;)

I know many people doubt Inter seeing as we lost our best defender (F. Cannovaro) for a reserve keeper (Carini) but I still reckon we have one of the best mids in the world. Our defence has always let us down but slowly we are fixing this. Cambiasso (formerly of Real Madrid), Veron (Lazio, Man Utd), Stankovic (Lazio), Davids (Barca - even if we don't use him as much as we should), Kily Gonzales (Valencia) and Emre (Galatasaray) are all big time players.

We underuse Recoba and overuse Toldo .. who WHEN we sign Frey in the summer will no longer be needed.

Anyway, thats what I feel! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)