Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
jim_green said:
3-1 Liverpool ;) Arsenal out. What a great day :)

yet there is still no guarantee for CL next season!

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Woohoo 3-1!!! Just imagine if Liverpool played this well wk in wk out! :D

Istanbul here we come, number 5 is on its way! ;)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Seraph said:
yet there is still no guarantee for CL next season!
At least the Reds make something of their opportunities when they make it into the CL. Unlike one European underachiever whose name I won't mention ;).

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
why are arsenal so bad in europe? its not like their players havent been exposed to overseas teams.

HSC
HeCtic said:
Senderos superb, great game of football which we could have won. But meh, we defended poorly in Munich and lost it there.

Fuck, next season's looking alright at least. Our young players look like they're growing up.
Are you serious? I watched the 2nd half and he looked out of place - communication with other backs was lacking. God damn I hate Fabregas (sp?), such a dirty little player. Sagnol, Kahn and Pizzaro were the difference, but all Bayern had to do was get alot of men behind the ball and just wait for Arsenal to make the mistakes.

REAL ARE OUT! I can't wait too d/l the game later today, it went into extra time and Zalayeta got the winner. I shouldn't really be supporting an Italian side but I hate Real so gosh darn much. PSV also upset Monaco 2-0 to go through - and I thought they had a stronger side than last season! :p

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
Are you serious? I watched the 2nd half and he looked out of place - communication with other backs was lacking. God damn I hate Fabregas (sp?), such a dirty little player. Sagnol, Kahn and Pizzaro were the difference, but all Bayern had to do was get alot of men behind the ball and just wait for Arsenal to make the mistakes.

REAL ARE OUT! I can't wait too d/l the game later today, it went into extra time and Zalayeta got the winner. I shouldn't really be supporting an Italian side but I hate Real so gosh darn much. PSV also upset Monaco 2-0 to go through - and I thought they had a stronger side than last season! :p

Pfft, missed one header all game, didn't miss a tackle all game. Kolo, Ash and Vieira were shocking defensively only Senderos stood up to them. He's gonna be a superstar.

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
the ECL final will be Lyon vs Chelsea

Lyon will win by 3 goals

2 will be scored by Govou and the other by Wiltord

That is all.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
no spanish teams in the quarters, and 3 italian teams will be in the quarters hahaha... waiting for milan to knock chelsea out and mourinho off his high horse

^___^
HSC
atm they are

fuck i hate them
despite them play good football, their attitude shits me

but i guess that whats make a team dominant, bit of arrogance here and there

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
No you don't need to be arrogant to be dominant, Real Madrid waz never like the way Chelsea iz now. I admit that Chelsea doez play good football, but I just hate em. Itz not cauz I'm jealouz of their success, itz just that they think they're above everyone elz.

I also hate em fo knockin out Barca, the most entertainin team in Europe atm.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yeh...knocking out ronaldinho was a good/bad move, no more entertainment, but hey, sum1 had 2 prove barca were beatable

chelsea....yeh...ohwells.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
jim_green said:
At least the Reds make something of their opportunities when they make it into the CL. Unlike one European underachiever whose name I won't mention ;).

lol yea man utd , bloody losers

^___^
HSC
LMF^^ said:
No you don't need to be arrogant to be dominant, Real Madrid waz never like the way Chelsea iz now. I admit that Chelsea doez play good football, but I just hate em. Itz not cauz I'm jealouz of their success, itz just that they think they're above everyone elz.

I also hate em fo knockin out Barca, the most entertainin team in Europe atm.
i wouldn't call Madrid a dominant team
even if they were at their prime, they had weakness all over the park
it is now that under Luexmbourg that things are looking better

Man Utd of the late '90s were probably as arrgoant as them

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
... said:
i wouldn't call Madrid a dominant team
even if they were at their prime, they had weakness all over the park
it is now that under Luexmbourg that things are looking better

Man Utd of the late '90s were probably as arrgoant as them
Well winnin the treble in 99 do give you an excuse to be arrogant, but Chelsea so far haven't won anythin yet.

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Well winnin the treble in 99 do give you an excuse to be arrogant, but Chelsea so far haven't won anythin yet.
As much as it annoys me to admit it - I Agree.

So annoyed at Chelski! I just hope that if Liverpool cant beat them in the EPL they'll beat them in Europe. Liverpool vs ?? in the final. I'm telling you all now its going to be that so don't ride them off anymore!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
As much as it annoys me to admit it - I Agree.

So annoyed at Chelski! I just hope that if Liverpool cant beat them in the EPL they'll beat them in Europe. Liverpool vs ?? in the final. I'm telling you all now its going to be that so don't ride them off anymore!

lol....um...nice...i hate chelsea coz they beat us in the carling cup! DAMNIT!! the blues gave me the blueeeeeeees....but it would b sweet 2 c liverpool win CL against chelsea in the final..duno if its possible...but i'd b sweet sweeeeeeeet revenge :p

all we gotta do now is play proper football...none of this 'half-team playing' shit every1 in 110%....we can kick there asssssssssses....one day :eek:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Australia apparently on the verge of jpining the Asian confederation:

From the SMH,

Goal at last: Australia joining Asia
By Michael Cockerill
March 11, 2005

Australia is on the verge of ending a 30-year odyssey and becoming a full member of the Asian Football Confederation.

While Football Federation Australia chairman Frank Lowy and chief executive John O'Neill remained cautious yesterday in their response to a statement from Japanese Football Association vice-president Junji Ogura that Australia was lobbying to join Asia, the Herald understands the deal is virtually done.

Ogura is a member of the FIFA executive, and at its meeting in Zurich this week the world body raised no objection to the switch, in which Australia would leave Oceania to become the 46th member of the AFC, the world's largest regional body.

The move has the support of FIFA president Sepp Blatter, and the presidents of the AFC (Mohamed bin Hammam) and OFC (Reynald Temarii). Bin Hammam is due to attend the match between Australia and Iraq in Sydney on Easter Saturday, and the AFC executive is expected to formally invite Australia into the fold two days before he arrives. "For some time now, the FFA has had an objective to join AFC," Lowy said in a statement yesterday.

"Our current affiliation leaves Australia in an anomalous situation in a football sense. It is encouraging that the three key football organisations, FIFA, AFC and OFC, have now progressed their deliberations on the subject - we are very pleased that these relevant bodies have, thus far, indicated a sympathetic view to our position."

Lowy and O'Neill have been lobbying the various parties for the past four months, and the breakthrough came early this year when Asia's marketing partners, the World Sports Group, was convinced that Australia could add value to Asia's sponsorship and television deals, some of which are up for renewal in the next 12 months.

Oceania believes the absence of Australia will dramatically boost the morale of the island nations, most of whom believe Australia provides a glass ceiling in terms of qualifying for FIFA competitions. Only New Zealand is believed to be against the move, but Temarii has the numbers to sanction Australia's departure when the OFC executive meets in Auckland next month.

Oceania will retain its rights when Australia leaves, including its half-spot in the World Cup. The Socceroos would have to battle through at least two rounds of Asian qualifiers to reach the 2010 finals.

Asia's quota of 4½ spots will be retained but ironically the play-off (currently against North/Central America) is likely to changed to a home-and-away series against Oceania.

National coach Frank Farina is ecstatic with the developments, even though Australia's World Cup qualifying path will, in some ways, become more difficult. The flip side is that the Socceroos will no longer have to face a play-off against a South American team.

"This is a godsend, believe me," Farina said. "We can still afford to lose two or three games and still qualify. Finally we'll get a level playing field, and if we're not good enough to qualify this way, then we don't deserve to be there. It's so much better than having your whole four-year cycle hinging on everything falling into place over seven days."

A-League clubs will be the other major beneficiaries, being able to participate in the Asian Champions League and the second-tier AFC Cup.

Former Sydney Olympic assistant coach Steve Darby, who has been coaching club sides in South-East Asia for the past five years, said: "AFC competitions are so well organised. You're talking about access to over 3billion people, games which can pull crowds of over 100,000, and television audiences of over 500million. For Australian clubs and Australian players, it's going to be a massive boost, and I think Asia will get something out of it as well."

If this is true, it'll be best thing that's ever happened to Australian football. I pray to god it is.

^___^
HSC
ah indeed it will be a great thing if it happens

from Warren and Foster;

australia should not look into things only for their own benefits. We need give benefits to other federations as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)