Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Trippendicular said:
That was the original quote on which I was going, note the word Whole
my point was that you dont need 11 star players to have a relatively successful team, especially one has just been promoted. you just need a few very good ones plus a few hard workers.... but anyways, if you insist on being pedantic...

Fernando Morientes (£6.3m),
Freddoe Kanoute (£3.5m),
Emile Heskey (£3.5m)
Paul Dickov (£150k)
Thomas Gravesen(£2.5m),
Tim Cahill (£2m),
Jesper Gronkjaer (£2.2m),
Nicky Butt (£2.5m),
Gary Speed (£750k),
Gabriel Heinze (£6.9m),
Glenn Johnson (£6m),
Talal el Karkouri (£1m),
Claus Jensen (£1.25m),
Paul Robinson (£1.5m),
-----------------------
Total: £40.05m

that's FOURTEEN players - 4forwards, 5 mids, 4 backs(dunno many backs transfers that were not over the top expensive), and all of them were transfers into a premier league team(except for graveson)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hahaha...yeh, have 11 players...no one else...one injury n damn...one man downnnnnnnnn :p

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
Fernando Morientes (£6.3m),
Thomas Gravesen(£2.5m),
Tim Cahill (£2m),
Gabriel Heinze (£6.9m),
Good luck buying these players at the same prices now, Morientes would probably be the only player around the transfer fee that he was paid, the other three add at least £10m...... They were real bargains seeing how well they have gone since the transfer.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
RyddeckerSMP said:
Good luck buying these players at the same prices now, Morientes would probably be the only player around the transfer fee that he was paid, the other three add at least £10m...... They were real bargains seeing how well they have gone since the transfer.

The point is though that it is very possible to pick up excellent players at reasonable prices now that the market is very depressed apart from the absolute upper tier (ie Chelsea/Barca spending.) There'll be quite a few quality players available for not much.

40 million can buy you a very very solid nucleus of a squad and if a team can keep the best of their current crop, a very formidable squad can be formed. It's just a matter of how a club like Wigan can pay these players wages.

slip

HSC
yeh you need to consider transfer fee and wages

with the talk of alot of real madrid players leaving this summer the only clubs in europe that can really afford then are ac milan inter juve bayern chelsea man utd barca

and that the problem for alot of top players there is only 8 clubs that can really afford to pay for them.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
The first goal yesterday was a shocka

that was a close match , we better imrpove or we will get owned in AFC

furthermore the interview between Farina and that otehr SBS commenatator was quite hilarious

slip

HSC
andrew orsati??

what happened before or after that there is now a police investigation into?

farina looks pissed off, and orsati looked pretty shaken up, but if it was physical neither of them landed a decent punch to head of the other.

^___^
HSC
haha yeah

i think after the quick interview with farina, andrew ran up to ask farina why the response was short and like, "dodgy"

and somehow farina replied something like he is not the person you should jump at after the game

anyway, farina is a sore loser

Crazy Horse

HSC
... said:
haha yeah

i think after the quick interview with farina, andrew ran up to ask farina why the response was short and like, "dodgy"

and somehow farina replied something like he is not the person you should jump at after the game

anyway, farina is a sore loser
Never liked Farina much.

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
lol @ that interview....

Orsatti was lyk, "so could u elaborate a bit more on that Frank?" Whilst Farina just continued w/ his one word responses :rolleyes:

HSC
Andrew Orsati annoys me, I hate it how he trys to pronounce the names of European players 'authentically', what a tool

^___^
HSC
well thing is

SBS pronounce the names better than other channels

i remember sports tonight pronounce kluivert as "glue vert"

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
After watchin the Eng vs Northern Ireland game, I'm pretty impressed wit the way England played, Joe Cole and Rooney were the starz. They're definitely one of the in form sidez in Europe atm.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Also therez a report sayin Man U are interested in Casillas, damn now thatz a good move.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
After watchin the Eng vs Northern Ireland game, I'm pretty impressed wit the way England played, Joe Cole and Rooney were the starz. They're definitely one of the in form sidez in Europe atm.

Norn Irons are absolute pants though. Not too much can be taken from that game for mine except that England aren't gonna be able to accomodate Rio, Sol and Terry unless they change formation.

Joe Cole did well on the left but leaving one of their three world-class centre backs and leaving SWP out isn't playing to their strengths.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The Terry Ferdinand partnership waz tested at all, so itz hard to say whether it iz better than the Ferdinand Campbell partnership. Last night waz a 4-4-2 formation, I'm sure Eriksson can also do the 4-3-2-1, wit Joe Cole and SWP on the flankz.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Also therez a report sayin Man U are interested in Casillas, damn now thatz a good move.
i thought they were going to get frey in the summer for 6 mil. real would never give casillas up, they would be crazy to.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
^^^LOL!

I haven't seen that ad befo, but surely who would watch that boy juggle around fo 1 whole min...?

^___^
HSC
blackfriday said:
i thought they were going to get frey in the summer for 6 mil. real would never give casillas up, they would be crazy to.

Frey wants to go to Inter, he said that already and Inter wants Frey more than uts for some odd reason
so if thats the case, Toldo will be available and Arsenal, Man Utd or Madrid might land him

having said that, i want Casillas to be in Uts's shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)