Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slip

HSC
arsenal will only be able to buy toldo if they sell reyes

england could only fit terry ferdinand and campbell in if they played 5 across the back, one of those 3 as a sweeper with the two wider men playing slighty more attacking up the wing. which means cole bridge etc wouldnt really be playing there natural games.

but with 3 in the centre of the defence the mids could afford to push further forward meaning one of becks gerrard lampard no long has to drop back, and the great thing about this is england solves the left sided player problem.

that leaves rooney and owen up front.

the unfortunatee side of that formation is that either cole or swp who are showing form atm will be on the bench.

i think that its just going to come down to choosing 2 of the 3 in the centre of defence.

then also a decision between swp and cole

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
... said:
having said that, i want Casillas to be in Uts's shirt
Yeah that'll be pretty cool. Madrid would be stupid to let him go, but if Casillas waz happy to stay in Madrid he wouldn't come out and say thiz. Hm.....

I've also heard somethin befo that Real would even consider lettin Raul go.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
slip said:
england could only fit terry ferdinand and campbell in if they played 5 across the back, one of those 3 as a sweeper with the two wider men playing slighty more attacking up the wing. which means cole bridge etc wouldnt really be playing there natural games.
England's back four should be Cole, Ferdinand, Terry and Neville. Campbell is a great centre back, but I think he should be on the bench.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
About fucken time Ljubo Milicevic gets a start for the Socceroos. Vidmar gets another start, goddam you'd think North could ahead of a run for a Cardiff City bench-warmer.

Wilkshire and Culina also play tonight. I got a bad feeling about tonights game. A loss to Indonesia won't look too good.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
I got a bad feeling about tonights game. A loss to Indonesia won't look too good.
Australia won 3-0, with Ante Milicic scoring 2 goals and David Zdrilic scoring the other one. I didn't think that we put in a very convincing performance, but we were missing many of our top players as usual.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
3-0 over Indonesia iz by no meanz convincin, itz pretty worryin considerin we are about to join the AFC.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Indonesia were unbelievably shit last night. Iraw looked a class above them on Saturday.

We shoulda stuffed em some more but I'm happy with the result and the way Culina, Elrich,Laza and Milicevic and Milicic played. But get Popovic and Vidmar out of the squad, they're gonna get a new arsehole torn by any South American attack.

Hopefully some decent opposition before November but I still worry about our defence when under pressure from a good attack.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Gotta give some credit to the Indonesian players, some of those guys came from the area worst affected by the overnite earthquake. Lets just say football probly wasnt the most important thing on their minds....

HSC
Why do we need Schwarzer at all? I know he plays for a Prem League club but Kalac is such more qualified for the position. Australia has so many keepers abroad that there are more options that just these two. There are few Championship and Division 1 keepers in England plus Clint Bolton and an Aussie in the Turkish 1st Division. I just don't want to have two 32/33 year old keepers making major blunders leading into a World Cup campaign. :p

Agreed with the comments earlier about Ljubo Milicevic - I've long been a fan and its hard to believe Farina hasn't used him much to date. Culina and Colosimo were impressive and its nice to know that we have some experienced options in attack with Milicic and Zdrillic.

Anyone have an idea of a starting 11 they would use? Would you automatically put in the likes of Kewell and Viduka?

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
we played like shit in both those games

i hate how we just kick and hope sometiems

yeesh...

Seraph

HSC
N/A
All those slip ups in defense

a better team wouldve capitalised on them for SURE

i mean some of the mistakes were dreadful , leavign a striker totally open to the goal with only the keeper to beat...

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Is there any truth to the rumour that Barca are lining up a $35million bid for Thierry Henry? I know Henry has stated that he is happy at Arsenal...but the thought of having Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Henry playing together is irresistible.

slip

HSC
arsenal previously said they wouldnt sell him for 60 million pounds

but that was to chelsea and would have been a double blow in the league, fa, carling and champs league

but this is still a double blow as they are champs league competition

i doubt he will be allowed to go even if he wanted to

matt#1

HSC
N/A
slip said:
arsenal previously said they wouldnt sell him for 60 million pounds

but that was to chelsea and would have been a double blow in the league, fa, carling and champs league

but this is still a double blow as they are champs league competition

i doubt he will be allowed to go even if he wanted to
I wouldn't worry about him leaving Arsenal to much, because the source of this rumour was www.tribalfootball.com. That site is renowned for spreading pathetic rumours.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
Is there any truth to the rumour that Barca are lining up a $35million bid for Thierry Henry? .
They'd be able to buy his left nut for that price. He won't be sold for a good season or two, after which he probably will try something new.

Seraph

HSC
N/A
Henry recently said he would be willing to spend the rest of the career at Arsenal

unlike some other fucks like Reyes who would be FUCKEN NOTHING if he hadnt come to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)