Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Trippendicular said:
I'm tipping 4-0 Liverpool
That's the spirit ;). I'll go for a 'conservative' 2-0 at home and 0-0 away. Doesn't really matter so long as we get the result though.

yoyoagogo

Destiny 06
HSC
blackfriday said:
i always thought igor biscan was the second most useless player in the side after djimi traore. have you ever heard of the gerrard houllier diaries?
Yeah- those were the greatest! I was trying to find them on the F365 forum, but they wiped it all out, and now they're gooooone

Crazy Horse

HSC
Liverpool to win over the two matches! For the second leg Alonso is back in the middle with Gerrard which will help.
Can't allow Juve to score at Anfield - TOP PRIORITY is to NOT concede at home.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Nedved will be back to own the Redz, god I love that guy.
And I have a feelin Del Pierroz gon score, wit Ibrahimovic leadin the attack. :D

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Nedved will be back to own the Redz, god I love that guy.
And I have a feelin Del Pierroz gon score, wit Ibrahimovic leadin the attack. :D

Nedved - please! Reds defense will have them all under control:D

Nah im just up for a good match - hoping for either a win or 0-0 draw. That way we can try and win the tie in Turin.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think Nedved is in doubt actually, I don't think he'll start anyway.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
He'll at least be on the bench, I still expect him to have a significant impact on the game.

yoyoagogo

Destiny 06
HSC
I reckon Lyon are the darkhorses of this year's comp- they've got some class players (Juninho, Essien), Paul Le Guen is a great manager, and hell, even Sylvain Wiltord's got 5 goals in Europe. They've got PSV in the quarters, and although Eindhoven have got some form in Europe this season, Lyon will have too much quality.
Then again, as an Arsenal and Fiorentina fan, the Champion's League is the least of my concerns ATM

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
yoyoagogo said:
I reckon Lyon are the darkhorses of this year's comp
Well almost everyone can see that.
If one of the big teamz iz in Lyonz form, it will be the heaviest of favouritez.
I liked Govou fo a long time now, and now wit Essien in the middle, they really look a top quality side.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
2 - 1 livo, didnt see the game but that away goal to juve will hurt.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Football...id-to-woo-Yorke/2005/04/05/1112489490223.html

"There are two offers on the table - one from us and one from Dubai - so at the very least we have a 50-50 chance," Bugno said.

"If it was purely about money, he wouldn't be here. We know we can't compete with money from the Middle East, so it's about what we have to offer as a club, what Sydney as a city has to offer, and what the A-League as a whole has to offer."

Interesting, for the small minority of NSL(aleague) fans, would a player like Dwight Yorke be an incentive to go catch a few games now and then?

Crazy Horse

HSC
Liverpool played fantastic 1st half! It was a great match to watch and Garcia's goal - that was really nice! Juve picked up and unfortunately the reds couldn’t keep the same tempo as in the 1st and gave away a goal through a keeper error.

What makes me laugh is most Juve fans thought Liverpool would be easy and that they would win, Liverpool have Biscan who was officially voted the worst player in the premiership, they have Traore who was in the top ten of worst players, they had a 19 year old goalkeeper and so many players missing (Cisse, Alonso, Kewell, Morientes and Dudek were fit/not suspended, they’d all be playing, simple as) and yet people will begin making excuses up for Juventus, if Juve had played a game at the weekend and lost this match it would have been because they were tired, now they lost because they didn't play a game and aren't sharp enough.

Take nothing away from Liverpool, have beaten the joint Serie A leaders and they conceded the same amount of goals in 25min to us as they have in 8CL games…

RED AND PROUD!:D

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
A good result, at 2-0 it was lookin very good, but w/ the Juve away goal the tie is very evenly poised.

Luis Garcia's goal was a stunner, struck w/ the outside of the boot, swerving away from the 'keeper, unstoppable! :D

Juve will probly still be favourites to progress, but if the Reds can play lyk they did in the 1st half at the Delle Alpi, u never know wot could happen.... ;)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The emotionz got em through, the Heysel disaster must have fired the Redz up at home.
But Juve deserved to equalise, take nothin away from Pool though.

Expect an onslaught in Turin.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
We need 1 goal at Turin and we'll more than likely be through. I don't see us keeping a clean sheet, but I don't see Juve scoring 3 either.. so if we get that away goal we'll probably be seeing the Chelskis in the semis.

Meanwhile.. anyone else surprised at Lyon only managing a draw at home to PSV? I mean.. I'm sure no one expected another 7-2 drubbing, but after all the hype they've received recently, managing only 1-1 at home seems to be a rather poor result. I still expect them to win at PSV though.

slip

HSC
id go to an a league match to see dwight yorke

i wil go to the opening game and see what the quality is like for sure...

but whether id keep going is another thing

matt#1

HSC
N/A
jim_green said:
We need 1 goal at Turin and we'll more than likely be through. I don't see us keeping a clean sheet, but I don't see Juve scoring 3 either.. so if we get that away goal we'll probably be seeing the Chelskis in the semis.

Meanwhile.. anyone else surprised at Lyon only managing a draw at home to PSV? I mean.. I'm sure no one expected another 7-2 drubbing, but after all the hype they've received recently, managing only 1-1 at home seems to be a rather poor result. I still expect them to win at PSV though.
Lyon, as expected, really dominated this game but missed a tonne of chances. I think Lyon's quality will eventually see them through to the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)