so dead yeah?
HSC
FA Cup is tomorrow....rey...

n the night afta that too....

2 nights of soccer....

slip

HSC
HeCtic said:
And like every well run business Kenyon is making sure his clubs inflows are at a reasonable level in comparison to his outflows I assume?
arh that was pretty much the basic statement i just made, so yes!!!

i mean i just said that this summer they would be looking to offload some players and reduce the wage bill from what i have heard.

however im sure chelsea(kenyon) will be willing to sacrifice a few years with larger expenses then incomes in order to create a global brand that rivials the likes of man utd and real madrid.

but having said that what has happened to chelsea was that there debt were wiped by a new owner, who also decided to fund some large transfers.

But since mourinho has come in i dont think there have been that many outrageous tranfers, as many players were let go last summer as bought, and mourinho has bought in a few very cheap players who are proving to be very good squad players.

As for mutu chelsea are seeking compensation, seeing as mutu broke the contract they feel they are in titled to compensation for wages and transfer fees, and under current fifa regulations mutus next club could have to compensate chelsea in order of 8million pounds. this has caused some problems in mutu signing for juve, but im sure seeing as apart from that it will be a free transfer the deal will go through.

one last point, chelsea winning the champions league(possibly), the premiership(probably already beyond doubt) and the carling cup will be worth quite abit of money in terms of prize money, european qualification for next season is worth about 10million alone, and alot more money in terms of sponsorship. Im sure taht alone will pay back all the player transfers in the last 12months, and if they keep this form up world club comp and things like tv rights and merch sales will cover other aspects of investment with in a few years.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Even Mourinhoz wagez are high even fo playerz, imagine what Drogba and co will be gettin.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i also went to st marys ... haha

lol @ newcastle ... out of uefa cup ... 4-1 drubbing by an impressive sporting lisbon ...

HSC
So much footballing news of late ... God bless TWG website!

Apparently Inter are suing one of their fans because of the crowd violence, and I just read some of the players that Adelaide signed. Yikes! A DECENT International (Chinese) and Travis Dodd, who was amazing at Parra.

Without the footballing mad guys at SBS we would really be farked! :D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i wonder how dwight yorke will go at sydney... if he comes... him and andy cole formed one of the best striking partnerships at man utd in at the turn of the century but then they had an awsome midfield to feed them....

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
we need to do what j-league and mls did for a while and grab young, unexposed talent from like oceania and africa and mix it with experienced professionals from europe and especially south america. i mean blokes from brazil and argentina's 98 world cup squad who are doing nothing much now.

T

timbk2

i'm definately going to the opening A-League match for sydneyFc against melbourne i think..

Crazy Horse

HSC
Inter Milan have been fined £132,000 by UEFA and must play their next four European games behind closed doors after crowd trouble against AC Milan. Uefa spokesman William Gaillard "The loss of four home games amounts to seven or eight million euros. "

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
thats a lot
consider things like tv game, ticket revenue, sponsors and some other "unkown" financial properties

but then again, i thought the fine was rather poor...like only 132 000 pound, i mean c'mon, INter of all teams, is like Chelski...more like 132 000 000 pound...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Oh...?
Wow lot of St Maryz dude hang around thiz forum.
Name...?
yeh who comes from st marys again?

we should get a coporate box...on br. standens credit card

T

timbk2

ITS OFFICIAL
woohoo
------------------------------------

Sydney FC signs Yorke
SBS

Dwight Yorke in his glorious Manchester United days

Sydney FC chairman has revealed his club has secured the most significant signing of the A-League by completing the capture of Birmingham striker Dwight Yorke.

Club chairman Walter Bugno told tribalfootball.com from the team's tour base in Dubai that their marquee target had signed a two-year-deal.

"We're very happy to confirm that Dwight Yorke has signed a two-year contract with Sydney FC, beginning from the 1st of July," he said, delighted at the signing of the Trinidad & Tobago international.

"We're delighted to sign Dwight after several months of negotiations."

"His trip to Sydney last week was very telling."

"The Sydney FC fans played a massive part in convincing Dwight to join us. The response he received from the Sydney public over the two days he was there made a big, big difference."

"We were competing with a rival club from the UAE for Dwight - and a late offer also came in from Qatar."

"But the thought of playing for Sydney FC after the reception he received really swung it for us - and we're delighted."

Yorke is 33-years-old and has played Premiership football for Aston Villa, Blackburn, Birmingham and Manchester United, where he won the treble of the Premiership, FA Cup and Champions League in 1999.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
liverpool play spurs 2nite...

4 those who have FOX, 4get SBS 2nite....watch FOX 2

n how goods that 4 the A-League? a world-class (even a bit old) striker playing for an australian team....

its sorta like perth getting that southampton dude...

Crazy Horse

HSC
Blackburn v Arsenal - Arsenal have beaten Rovers both the times they've met them this year so they should be fine but Blackburn can be a bit of a dodgy. I heard Henry was ruled out of this match but am unsure...

Man U v Newcaslt - No point. Man U to go through....

Anyways - hopefully we'll see a Man U v Arsenal final. The last couple of times they've met have been entertaining and so would be well worth looking forward too.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)